Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
fPLlC04.png

Sid Meier's Pirates! was originally released in 1987 and ported to the Commodore Amiga in 1990.

BuGVxFG.png

Fleeing your debt-ridden situation, you find refuge on a pirate ship, becoming its captain.

r36KGbb.png

Towns offer a variety of options.

atBXW0q.png

Taverns are the best way to recruit a crew of scurvy sea-dogs.

p3MhIGT.png

When navigating the Caribbean, you must take into account the prevailing winds and the capabilities of your ships. Seen here, the Dread Pirate Codex's fleet descends on Guadeloupe.

g9TbCCj.png

When attacking (or being attacked by) another ship, or when attacking a port by sea, naval combat plays out, combining navigation with gunnery.

5GhbWOn.png

A sword-fight ensues when naval combat ends with one ship ramming the other or when you storm a the fort of an enemy city, as well as certain other situations. Your men fight the enemy in the background, and the progress of that struggle affects the difficulty of your 1-on-1 fight.

nsCxKCi.png

Ships encountered at sea can sometimes be pirates or pirate-hunters, seeking your defeat.

C8oPlBT.png

When an enemy ship is captured, you can take it into your fleet or sink it. Either way, you plunder its gold and resources.

t2sKP0R.png

Governors grant you new ranks after you have obtained a sufficient number of points from defeating enemy ships and sacking enemy cities. Excess points result in the addition of grants of land.

ax7DMjS.png

Each governor has a daughter, who can be wooed if you have attained sufficient rank.

egNbv71.png

The plainer of the governors' daughters will become overawed after you reach higher ranks, thus agreeing to gather information for you.

xgRrIAD.png

The treasure fleet and the silver train advance between cities in the Caribbean at certain times of the year, offering opportunities to capture them.

uG0nEZu.png

Attacking a city by land results in a land battle different from the system for naval battles. Your men are divided into groups, and you have opportunities to whittle away the enemy's forces before storming the forts.

CWsE8z6.png

Sacking a town earns you a booty of gold and goods, similar to capturing a ship, but more lucrative.

U3cEjDZ.png

Sometimes sacking an enemy city results in its capture, which offers you the choice of installing a governor of a different allegiance.

nA97Bja.png

Your long-lost relatives can be rescued, if you obtain maps revealing their locations.

rnkMova.png

When dividing the plunder, you can retire completely, leading to an assessment of your career.

iACmaKx.png

A premature retirement would result in an outcome of becoming a merchant captain, but there are more adventures in store for Count Codex.
J1CqqYQ.png

The Amiga version of Pirates not only offers improved graphics but also improved sound, including ten Baroque musical tracks, which can also be accessed from the main menu.

D_X

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming! Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
ITZ time part 2:

Fuck fighting, time to cheese:

Worst fucking thing ever. Because agents randomly refused to pick up bombs. It took over a dozen retries before I figured out that there seems to be a sort of a pattern to them not doing what I tell them and finally finishing the fucking thing.

This one was a close shave. Fucked it up the first time because the agents got stuck where the force field previously was:

Finally, the Moon. Unwelcoming committee taken care of:

'spolsions:

Now this my friends is the Gravitron Gun. Not only does it fire a concentrated beam of pure fuck you but it also shoots some sort of missiles as well. One pull of the trigger and half the map is dead and I'm not even kidding. Where have you been all my life?

Victory, fuck yeah. :smug:

Or...is it?

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
71C65B93BF8C35ED1FC0F21242C06B6B8555A426

CB4F99EAC48F3C304E363F4ADE6110E28B19E7F3

Damn jerries can't read. It clearly says "not enemy."
36010FF51A01866DB7577922796B47C345A94D1F

Everyone survived the landing with just one gear.
which game is it? looks sexy
Bomber Crew.
It's not a simulation in any shape or form, for example your mechaniac will crawl to wing to fix malfunctioning engine (do not do sudden dives/corkscrews while he is in there).
Game is closer to FTL with focus being crew station management with added action elements and you only get limited time slow to help you make decisions in; no RTwP in this one.

Lord Pickle

Literate
Finished first playthrough of Ressurection yesterday.
Was hoping for some real sneaky sabotage...
rsz_2018-01-13-14041100k6q.png

Didn't turn out quite the way I planned
rsz_2018-01-13-140807oijjh.png

Walden

Savant
- *sigh*
-What's wrong, honey?
-I'm sad because of poor Clint..
-You're so tender, but now let's just worry about us, my love
-Oh.. we do.. Clint no longer alone.. Clint had a penis and hacksaw of the sharpest steel.. the sharpest steel... the sharpest steel.. Clint lost one of those two but the hacksaw's still.. the hacksaw's still ♪

Walden

Savant
put the screens
in these two fuckin' gimzos, fuckin' wheel rapers

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom