Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Matt Chat Thread

Boleskine

Arcane
Matt needs to work on his video thumbnails. He should put a nice picture of his guest, a few pics of whatever that person is known for, and some descriptive text. Thumbnails matter and give people first impressions that may determine whether they click on that video or not.

He has a great channel but the derp face thumbnails probably aren't helping it grow.

grimace

Arcane
He has a great channel but the derp face thumbnails probably aren't helping it grow.

Are you volunteering to provide custom thumbnail art? (Me either.)

Improved thumbnail would help. Editing the videos requires plenty of time.

What qualities must a solid thumbnail have? Face of person being interviewed? Bright coloured overlay text? A red arrow and circle around the face?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Finally an interview which is exciting. With all respect to the work Matt does, his interviews in the last year were with people I don't know and don't really care about.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
400 dollar per video. Make it a 3 parter and...

Actually not sure how it works, but it says 400 dollar per episode on his patreon.

Archibald

Arcane
Yeah, I'm also not exactly sure how that works, but if it works how you said (and I suspect that it does so too) then it is kind of a bullshit.

grimace

Arcane
Matt Chat 396: Leonard Boyarsky on Fallout

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaAsBAXq2NQ

fallout visual style is cavalier oblique (not isometric!)

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Warriors from Finland! Hail! Sir Thomas Finholm joins me this episode to talk about Thy Sword and the dreaded Indiepocalypse. We also wax nostalgic about the glorious C-64 and Amiga days, AMOS, Koala Paint, and so much other stuff that'll have you reaching for the flux capacitor.

Archibald

Arcane
When does he talk about the indieapocolypse?

They really don't. It basically boils down to "if you make good game someone will find it" and whole episode sounded a bit like paid advert with Matt being handed pre-prepared questions that on the first glance might sound interesting topics to discuss, but don't go anywhere.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

Heh, Matt finally did one customized thumbnail. This was original thumbnail that Youtube auto-generated for this video:

WvnVnkg.jpg

All the derpy face thumbnails couldn't move him, but this one did.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I haven't bragged about being a super ratron in a while so I thought I would brag about being a super ratron.

I am dirt poor. I drive a car held together by duct tape. I am a severe alcoholic who drinks 17 shots of vodka a day. Nobody loves me. My entire life is Alex Jones, and anime.

Please, for the love of God, support Matt Barton. If I can, then so can you.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Lots of great stuff in this episode! Steve chats about working with voice actors, rewriting and localizing dialog, how adventure games lost their edge, and much, much more.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom