Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

X-COM XCOM 2 + War of the Chosen Expansion Thread

Mazisky

Magister
You are so funny.

Firaxis just restored a forgotten franchise and it is one of the very few tripla A devs who invest in turn based instead of random Fps.

They also provided an awesome mod support.

Xcom 2 is a good game, haters gonna hate.

I am pretty sure you would consider X com 2 a masterpiece if only it was made by an indie dev. It's pretty embarassing tbh.
No, I would not. Yea their first Xcom kind of revived the genre by bringing in new players and for that I am grateful, but overall their games are subpar, even with Long War mods.

Dude, i've seen you shittalking on every game in this forum, i don't know what kind of problems do you have but this means your opinion about games its kinda forgettable.
Maybe just shittalking on games you like?
I do like many games and only shittalk for those that deserve it.
Also one man shittalk is another man negative opinion. If you don't like it, don't read it. Have fun fanboy.

Can you tell me what games do you like? expecially modern ones?

I am just curious

ArchAngel

Arcane
You are so funny.

Firaxis just restored a forgotten franchise and it is one of the very few tripla A devs who invest in turn based instead of random Fps.

I am pretty sure you would consider X com 2 a masterpiece if only it was made by an indie dev. It's pretty embarassing tbh.
No, I would not. Yea their first Xcom kind of revived the genre by bringing in new players and for that I am grateful, but overall their games are subpar, even with Long War mods.

Dude, i've seen you shittalking on every game in this forum, i don't know what kind of problems do you have but this means your opinion about games its kinda forgettable.
Also one man shittalk is another man negative opinion. If you don't like it, don't read it. Have fun fanboy.

I am just curious
I can tell you games I played in last few years and really enjoyed them.
Underrail, Path of Exile, Starcraft 2, Baldur's Gate EE, Grim Dawn, Shadowrun games, Black Mesa, Mark of the Ninja, Gnomoria, Endless Legend, Hard West, Act of Aggression, Open Xcom, Rebel Galaxy, Everspace and probably a few other games I cannot remember atm.

ArchAngel

Arcane
WOTC vs LW2 + Vanilla?

Should I just go with WOTC now and nothing else? Any good mods?
Only thing WotC has over LW2 is better engine. If you really cannot stand a bit longer loading times and less FPS during mission go with WotC. If you don't mind those technical issues, LW2 is way superior game that what Firaxis canwants to make.

Mazisky

Magister
You are so funny.

I am just curious
I can tell you games I played in last few years and really enjoyed them.
Underrail, Path of Exile, Starcraft 2, Baldur's Gate EE, Grim Dawn, Shadowrun games, Black Mesa, Mark of the Ninja, Gnomoria, Endless Legend, Hard West, Act of Aggression, Open Xcom, Rebel Galaxy, Everspace and probably a few other games I cannot remember atm.

Fine, so i was wrong. I Apologize for my statements.

vdweller

Arcane
Developer
Is it me or did Firaxis go the Starcraft 2 way, aka cosplay-style aliens/hoomans spouting shit nobody cares about while whirling gracefully and doing superkewl moves? Couldn't they leave this stuff out for dedicated alien romance simulators like Mass Effect?

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I played X-COM 2 + WotC and decided against Long War. I didn't even bother "ignoring" the Chosen content until a certain point like some on the internet suggested and just played through the whole campaign organically, treating the whole thing like it was one complete game.

Worked out great. Not the best game in the world, but it was entertaining.

razvedchiki

Erudite
I played X-COM 2 + WotC and decided against Long War. I didn't even bother "ignoring" the Chosen content until a certain point like some on the internet suggested and just played through the whole campaign organically, treating the whole thing like it was one complete game.

Worked out great. Not the best game in the world, but it was entertaining.

what are the main differences between the two?

Mazisky

Magister
yes first time xcom 2,i decided to try it out so i can better appreciate phoenix point when it comes out.

Well, then you should completely avoid Long war 2.

It is an hardcore mod for hardcore people on an already difficult game for beginners.

I think you can go with just vanilla Xcom2, play 4 hours and if you like the game quite a bit just buy Wotc and restart.

ArchAngel

Arcane
yes first time xcom 2,i decided to try it out so i can better appreciate phoenix point when it comes out.

Well, then you should completely avoid Long war 2.

It is an hardcore mod for hardcore people on an already difficult game for beginners.

I think you can go with just vanilla Xcom2, play 4 hours and if you like the game quite a bit just buy Wotc and restart.
I don't agree. Play LW2 on Veteran difficulty and it is just right. And it is designed 3x better than WotC or (shudder) Xcom 2 vanilla.

Mazisky

Magister
How can u guys suggest him Long war 2 if he is playing Xcom 2 for the first time, cmon.

he need to take confidence with the game before overwhelming him with complicated stuff.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom