Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dev Log #56: Experimental Branch with Version 1.0.3.13

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I don't have much time to play right now but I made another clip. If you can see anything :)

Loot drops are unbelievable. Is this something specific to Domination?

FBC6085604537189FDB3C6225652DEB826051619

ciox

Liturgist
If the game is to be harder on Dominating then it makes sense the enemies would carry higher quality equipment, rather than just having 5000 guns skill and never be able to miss you.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Another epic crwler fight.

wgMF.png
In this zone there are usual crawlers and those ugly bitches.
First I set a trap - and that's the only meta I used. First one was right at the entrance, my stealth was enough to set 1.9 traps lol, second was in the appendix to the right, Uncanny Dodge and tazer.
The rest was not so easy - there was one, right immediately another, then I start running back to appendix because cannot exit combat. Then I start to throw flarec strategically :troll:
first one landed near skeleton - oops, Death Stalker! But UD was already off cd, but DS didn't moved despite flare made him half-visible, next turn I returned and threw flare right in it and ran back, while throwing flares, caught it up, used UD and the battle was over. )

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Another good fight.

yFcR.png

Gloves with pneumatic hammer will be more reliable solution, but Claw is more styllish.
Joking, I just forgot to equip it.

yFc9.png
Five!

Last edited:

Black Angel

Arcane
Damn bro, have you tried Beast fight yet? I'm curious because you seemed like you're really enjoying it since it's on Dominating, right?

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
No, i mean the new hard and the dominating difficulty have the same spawns now. I thought that was the case.

No.

I haven't played the new Hard yet either, but I'm pretty sure there's more enemies on DOMINATING, often replaced with their superior version.

Yes.

But that makes no sense. Dominating is supposed to be a dumb upgrade in stats over the enemies in hard.

What gave you this impression?

Hey Styg I have one complain and one proposal regarding the Rathounds King's quest.

1) If I kidnap Sarine then I cannot make a truce with Camp Hathor.
2) If I make a truce with Camp Hathor then I cannot kidnap Sarine.

It makes no sense because in the beginning these two quests are not directly linked but they become linked by game "magic". My guess is that you tried to avoid the possibility of the player obtaining 2 Rathound Regalia which is fine ... but not like this.

I know that after kidnapping Sarine there is a special dialogue option with Edgar but to be honest there is no in-game "adequate" explanation why kidnapping Sarine quest is linked to the truce deal. They start as two different quests and I think they should be handled as 2 different quests. In fact I hate to use this expression but the current implementation is "immersion breaking" :)

I really want this:

... to meet the Rathounds King and Sarine in Deep Caverns.

I don't expect anything but it would improve this quest line and the overall story. And you just need to calibrate some quest awards because you already have everything you need in game. Would you care to take a look? Please.

I'm pretty sure that the conditions of the truce would include a no-kidnapping rule. Or are you saying that the Rathound King should keep pursuing this goal regardless of the new truce. In either case it doesn't make sense to me.

No New Years update from Styg about the expansion?

I am disappoint ;-(

Styg - What's the score, baby? Any news to share about the expansion release/progress? Oh and Happy New Year !

Happy New Year and Merry Christmas! This is our first day in the office in this year and only half of the team is here, so nothing new here.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Hey Styg I have one complain and one proposal regarding the Rathounds King's quest.

1) If I kidnap Sarine then I cannot make a truce with Camp Hathor.
2) If I make a truce with Camp Hathor then I cannot kidnap Sarine.

It makes no sense because in the beginning these two quests are not directly linked but they become linked by game "magic". My guess is that you tried to avoid the possibility of the player obtaining 2 Rathound Regalia which is fine ... but not like this.

I know that after kidnapping Sarine there is a special dialogue option with Edgar but to be honest there is no in-game "adequate" explanation why kidnapping Sarine quest is linked to the truce deal. They start as two different quests and I think they should be handled as 2 different quests. In fact I hate to use this expression but the current implementation is "immersion breaking" :)

I really want this:

... to meet the Rathounds King and Sarine in Deep Caverns.

I don't expect anything but it would improve this quest line and the overall story. And you just need to calibrate some quest awards because you already have everything you need in game. Would you care to take a look? Please.

I'm pretty sure that the conditions of the truce would include a no-kidnapping rule. Or are you saying that the Rathound King should keep pursuing this goal regardless of the new truce. In either case it doesn't make sense to me.

Why not? :)

The truce is not about Sarine. It's about the hunting grounds and a no-killings rule.

There is not reason to "automatically" cancel the truce if Sarine is kidnapped if nobody sees the crime. Her fiancee dies anyway in that case.

Wouldn't be great to have a great love story in the game? :) On par with Lermontov and Dostoevsky.

Anyway, thanks for answering :salute:

Lhynn

Arcane
What gave you this impression?
I want to play a harder game than hard. I just believe the changes to the math of the game screw it up horribly in that difficulty. But i wouldnt mind tackling those insane spawns, seems like fun.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Did warehouse for Coretech...
Freaking hell.
I dunno if number of attackers was changed for Domination, because I never before sided with Coretech, but I had pretty hard fight so I cheated a little - set first 3 traps on exit\enter red zone, and eliminated 6 of them right there [criminal scum!].
Maybe it not a cheat, because you know they were going to assault warehouse, so taps are legitime.

zG0P.png

Also, I have a vague sense of that fight being bugged, but not sure.

Can someone tell me what's the real number of mercenaries?
I saw that my Coretech [absolutely helpless jerks] friends shoot thin air, after which blood splatter appeared, but no body...

Last edited:

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Did warehouse for Coretech...
Freaking hell.
I dunno if number of attackers was changed for Domination, because I never before sided with Coretech, but I had pretty hard fight so I cheated a little - set first 3 traps on exit\enter red zone, and eliminated 6 of them right there [criminal scum!].
Maybe it not a cheat, because you know they were going to assault warehouse, so taps are legitime.

zG0P.png

Also, I have a vague sense of that fight being bugged, but not sure.

Can someone tell me what's the real number of mercenaries?
I saw that my Coretech [absolutely helpless jerks] friends shoot thin air, after which blood splatter appeared, but no body...

The warehouse is perfect for mines, caltrops and grenades. A psi build with force field blocking ways is also very good here. Still quite a lot of enemies. I found the fight alongside zone rats and Gorsky harder than this.

How feasible is Dominating on classic xp system?

I mostly play on classic. only throwing/traps/stealth ninja build i completed on oddity. I name this build content whore.

When the xpac is out (hopefully sometime this year); will play psionic/crafting ubermensh master race on dominating.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
With classic it is much more easier, because there are more enemies.

On Bladelings fight.... well, at last give my poor bastards (comrades Dan and Saban) more ammo, because they rush to death as soon as they run out of ammo.

Last edited:

Parabalus

Arcane
How feasible is Dominating on classic xp system?

I mostly play on classic. only throwing/traps/stealth ninja build i completed on oddity. I name this build content whore.

When the xpac is out (hopefully sometime this year); will play psionic/crafting ubermensh master race on dominating.

I'm playing it on classic and haven't noticed the xp inflation much yet, finishing up depot now.
Usually classic goes crazy right after, when the map opens up, but I don't think it'll be much worse than on hard, the extra spawns might be a level in total when hitting 25, since mob xp diminishes.

I get the idea of the oddity xp system; viable character progression for stealth talky types who bypass as many fights as they can; and it makes the throwing stealth trap pickpocket content whore very satisfying to play.

But I for one prefer the delicious delicious xp crack as the PC continues on his murderhobo career through the caverns.

I would have been extremely butthurt if Styg removed the classic xp system.

TL;DR MUH LIZARD BRAIN LIKES XP FOR KILLZ.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Finally!

zKdj.png

Superhard fight, even annoying at times, but what a satisfaction I feeling now. Tiny bit of HP, but I have Uncanny Dodge. Gratitude (and medal) to Plasma Sentry - vost useful mate ever.

zKgE.png

That's beginning.

During a fight was used: 4 Arenalin, 6 Antidote, 2-3 Advanced Health Hypo, 6 Fusion Cells, 8 HE mk 2, 1 HE mk 3, 6 caltrops with crawler poison, MANY traps, more then half of them with burrower poison. The Claw was for damage, gloves with pneumatics for control. My char has no Expose Weakness.

Also, made a mitake and was stunned with crawler poison during fight, but survived.

Last edited:

Parabalus

Arcane
I get the idea of the oddity xp system; viable character progression for stealth talky types who bypass as many fights as they can; and it makes the throwing stealth trap pickpocket content whore very satisfying to play.

But I for one prefer the delicious delicious xp crack as the PC continues on his murderhobo career through the caverns.

I would have been extremely butthurt if Styg removed the classic xp system.

TL;DR MUH LIZARD BRAIN LIKES XP FOR KILLZ.

That, and oddity is "annoying" (for replays) in that you have to explore every nook and cranny to hit 25, while classic is much more relaxed.

isnt there an option to not recruit dan and saban and go face the beast solo?

It is the other way around, those two are optional but you can ignore them and go for the beast solo anyway.

Is there even any reason to leave them alive?

I always babysat them but thinking about it they probably have 1k charons of loot on them and they dodn't give you anything if they live, aside from a sense of smug satisfaction.

EH I always try to get them killed. It is hard on hard with psionic god.

Call me a filthy whore, but I would prefer a few thousand bucks over smug satisfaction.

But one of the guys is a merchant IIRC; but i usually ignore batter which unlocks the higher tier merchandise, so not much loss there.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
EH I always try to get them killed. It is hard on hard with psionic god.

Call me a filthy whore, but I would prefer a few thousand bucks over smug satisfaction.

But one of the guys is a merchant IIRC; but i usually ignore batter which unlocks the higher tier merchandise, so not much loss there.

Mechant is Kevin, and hes not at the fight. Its best to unlock the merchant from Bob[?] and then let him fight.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom