Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Absinthe

Arcane
It seems more like you were derailing a preexisting thread so he split it into a new one. The Codex Playground exists for people posting LP threads, so I'd just post it there if I were you.

archaen

Cipher
Patron
Infinitron , how do I pay the extra ten bucks to get an alpha key? Watching these let players not seeing/reporting what is obvious bugs with the pathfinder system from a Pathfinder GM's perspective is killing me.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Infinitron , how do I pay the extra ten bucks to get an alpha key? Watching these let players not seeing/reporting what is obvious bugs with the pathfinder system from a Pathfinder GM's perspective is killing me.

If they haven't set up an account for you on the backer portal, you'll need to contact BerserkerKitten and ask him about it.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron

If they haven't set up an account for you on the backer portal, you'll need to contact BerserkerKitten and ask him about it.

I'm curious, too. I paid $35 for the digital download. The site says I need to pay at least $95 for an alpha key?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

I'm curious, too. I paid $35 for the digital download. The site says I need to pay at least $95 for an alpha key?

You need to have beta access which is $95, then add $10 for the alpha.

sstacks

Arcane

You could also, if you wanted, pass those notes to the Let's Players and see if they will report of them. No need to die.

Valtiel

Scholar
watched a bit of a live stream, the game seems to be coming up very well, glad I backed it. Don't know source material and i'm going blind into the campaign, I wish quests won't boring and the role playing will be satisfying, and also that it gets some media coverage, for what i've seen they deserve it.

watched a bit of sstacks' LPs (thanks Shane) - this is looking like a very nice product. Artwork is very good. I really like the character page screens. Almost convinced me to buy. Next question -- when is the ETA ?

archaen

Cipher
Patron
You could also, if you wanted, pass those notes to the Let's Players and see if they will report of them. No need to die.
I wasn't throwing shade on you my good chap. If I see any issues in your videos I will leave a report. You are playing somewhat tactically and the issues aren't as apparent with your play style.

sstacks

Arcane
I wasn't throwing shade on you my good chap. If I see any issues in your videos I will leave a report. You are playing somewhat tactically and the issues aren't as apparent with your play style.

No shade received, just saying I'm happy to report things for you if you want.

sstacks

Arcane
watched a bit of sstacks' LPs (thanks Shane) - this is looking like a very nice product. Artwork is very good. I really like the character page screens. Almost convinced me to buy. Next question -- when is the ETA ?

I THINK first quarterish 2018

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
giphy.gif

sstacks

Arcane

I THINK first quarterish 2018

? No.

We have this thread for a reason people http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/the-list-of-incline-2018-edition.119850/

Yeah like I said I THINK third quarterish 2018

sstacks

Arcane
We finish the Ancient Tomb and follow Tartuccio's trail to the Old Sycamore. Kobolds and mites don't like each other. Will-o'-wisps are kind of tough (no wonder, they're CR 6 and my party is level 2). Thylacines aren't (no wonder, they're CR 1/2).

Things Owlcat Games asked me to mention:
Alpha means incomplete. Not all content and features are fully implemented, not all in-game copy is perfect, there will be bugs - this game is still a work in progress.
For more information on Pathfinder: Kingmaker please visit https://goo.gl/SwTxgo

archaen

Cipher
Patron
If you want to kill that wisp you need to have someone with either the spell protect energy or resist energy set to electriciy to tank. Its damage is all electricity. There may be a potion version of resist energy around.

Magic missile is the only spell that actually works on wisps and are immune to other magic. Fighting defensively gimps your attack and the wisp is hitting touch AC anyway, which with its attack bonus, is almost guaranteed to hit regardless of the defensive fighting.

Thylacine is an ice age wolf analogue.

Last edited:

Deleted Member 16721

Watching that video now sstacks. I was invited to the beta but I'm a bit busy with Baldur's Gate atm, and your LP looks plenty good enough that mine would just be redundant.

Hoping this one is going to be really good! Nice to see the quest journal already looking like a real journal. :)

Wish the game had an Appraise skill or something similar. Not sure I like knowing how much gold an item is worth when you first pick it up.

archaen

Cipher
Patron
Not having knowledge checks and a bestiary entry is something that is missing in the alpha that is crucial in my opinion to the pathfinder experience. Many monsters have abilities, immunities, or weaknesses that you can roll your knowledge skills for at the beginning of combat to discover. Without that piece, how is someone not familiar with the lore supposed to know how to counter? Hopefully that gets added in.

sstacks

Arcane
If you want to kill that wisp you need to have someone with either the spell protect energy or resist energy set to electriciy to tank. Its damage is all electricity. There may be a potion version of resist energy around.

Magic missile is the only spell that actually works on wisps and are immune to other magic. Fighting defensively gimps your attack and the wisp is hitting touch AC anyway, which with its attack bonus, is almost guaranteed to hit regardless of the defensive fighting.

Thylacine is an ice age wolf analogue.

Yeah I went and looked up the Pathfinder Will-o-wisp after I made the video. With it being CR 6 and my party being level 2 and not being being rested I would have had to save scum the heck out of that fight to win without someone dying. I may go back later in the game and try it again. All the dead bodies lying around the camp were a pretty big hint I think it's a tough fight and not a random camping encounter.

sstacks

Arcane
Watching that video now sstacks. I was invited to the beta but I'm a bit busy with Baldur's Gate atm, and your LP looks plenty good enough that mine would just be redundant.

Hoping this one is going to be really good! Nice to see the quest journal already looking like a real journal. :)

Wish the game had an Appraise skill or something similar. Not sure I like knowing how much gold an item is worth when you first pick it up.

Maybe without appraise the gold value you see if only so accurate, and gets better with Appraise? Not sure, just thinking out loud.

sstacks

Arcane
Not having knowledge checks and a bestiary entry is something that is missing in the alpha that is crucial in my opinion to the pathfinder experience. Many monsters have abilities, immunities, or weaknesses that you can roll your knowledge skills for at the beginning of combat to discover. Without that piece, how is someone not familiar with the lore supposed to know how to counter? Hopefully that gets added in.

Yep I went flailing to the Encyclopedia almost immediately. It will be interesting to see how the final version handles it.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Like in Baldur's Gate? You reload a save if you lost the battle and try again after you experienced what enemy can do.

archaen

Cipher
Patron
Like in Baldur's Gate? You reload a save if you lost the battle and try again after you experienced what enemy can do.
It seem silly to me to promote save scumming when there are tools already in the table top game to address it. That wisp fight setup should let you use your heal skill to discover that the corpses were charred and to detect the smell of ozone in the air. Then you would get a penalized skill check to figure out what creatures could have done the deed. Monster ID is supposed to be the inquisitors main schticks anyway.

I wonder if you use see invisibility or invisibility purge, if the wisp is always there? Be cool to test.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom