Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dark Souls Remastered Announced, Releases May 25th

Gremius

Augur
The irony is that this (remaster of) action-RPG is getting more attention and prise than most turn based RPGs.

Ivan

Arcane
Get a cheap controller, worth it imo.

That was the advice given at the time so I did. Result - one smashed controller. I thought I had above average manual dexterity but I've never got on with any controller I've ever tried - even expensive ones. I just end up spinning round like a drunken gyroscope. Maybe I need to try a left-handed one.

how old are you?

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
I'll get it if it's an actual upgrade (i.e. DS1 on the DS3 engine with enhanced textures and models), but if it's just DS1 with slightly different shading like the DS2 Enhanced version, then probably not.

Purists might scoff at wanting a graphics upgrade, but I've played DS 1,000,000 times. The only way they can get me to pay to play it 1 more time is if it's different.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Last edited:

Arthandas

Liturgist
Where is it stated that it's developed by From Software themselves?

Also, show me 60 fps Blighttown and I'll jizz my pants I'm sold.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Why they don't return to their roots and revive King's Field, which was inspired by Ultima Underworld (good ol' time when japs were taking inspirations from the west not other way)?.
Also they could also the give persons who already own it on PC the option to upgrade for a much cheaper price.

Have you heard the tale of Dark Souls 2 and the great treachery of Scholar of the First Sin Edition? Sell the same game twice and greed fosters in the company!

Seriously, 2 pages in and NONE of you faggots mentioned SofS. They're gonna pull the same crap. I'm currently replaying Dark Souls 1 and it would be nice to have a non shit engine that can take more than 300 MB of textures and doesn't get frame drops REGARDLESS of your VGA. But I doubt that's gonna happen. Not to mention that the online community will be split between two versions, just like with SotfS.

In theory it WOULD be nice to have a new engine + better PC controls + proper mod support, but the chance of that happening is so slim, I'm not holding my breath.

Off-topic (a really bad idea):
If DS3 is a sign for From Software creativity atm then I prefer this remastered edition than some other fan service shit game like DS3.

DS1 == DS2 > DS3
On one hand, I think DS3 is a far better game than DS2.
On the other one, I agree that a lot of it felt like cheap pandering to fans and complete creative bankrupt. Not to mention it shares some of DS2 most questionable changes from the first (bonfire warping from the start, levels that feel like long scenographic corridors to traverse rather than"lived in" areas, etc).

Also, the overwhelming majority of the lore added from the second and third chapter (about the "curse of the Undead" and the "cycle of Eras") really reeks of retconned convoluted nonsense and loses a lot of the (relatively) simple charm of the first as a mythology.

Suicidal

Arcane
Meh, I had zero issues with the original steam version with the unofficial patch/fix. I'd rather see Bloodborne on PC or something.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I'm currently replaying Dark Souls 1 and it would be nice to have a non shit engine that can take more than 300 MB of textures and doesn't get frame drops REGARDLESS of your VGA.
Uh, did you uncap framerate in .ini file? Cause default one is terrible and you will always feel even the smallest drops, it was awful... I set it to somewhere at 50 and it was better experience.
And no I don't support "60 vs 30FPS wars" why do you ask?

About SotFS - yeah, it's scam. It's like a remaster for a game that was released 1-2 year before remaster.
I bought SotFS first but made other mistake - bought DS3 nonDeluxe edition. Yeah, no discounts for seasion passes :negative:

Cross

Arcane
Writing was on the wall when they wouldn't put it on sale on Steam. I wonder if they will offer a discount for those who already own the game or will pull another SoTFS scam.
It will be 50% off on Steam for people who own the PtDE.
They lied.

http://www.pcgamer.com/bandai-namco-on-dark-souls-pc-remaster-there-is-no-discount/

Despite what you might have heard online yesterday, it appears owners of the original Dark Souls will not be in-line for a 50 percent discount of Dark Souls: Remastered via Steam.

That's according to a spokesperson from publisher Bandai Namco who, when asked about the possibility of reduced rates for existing PC players, said: "I have been told it is the same price for all platforms. There is no discount."

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
http://www.pcgamer.com/bandai-namco-on-dark-souls-pc-remaster-there-is-no-discount/

Despite what you might have heard online yesterday, it appears owners of the original Dark Souls will not be in-line for a 50 percent discount of Dark Souls: Remastered via Steam.

That's according to a spokesperson from publisher Bandai Namco who, when asked about the possibility of reduced rates for existing PC players, said: "I have been told it is the same price for all platforms. There is no discount."
Called it.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
They're gonna nerf shit btw.

They'll patch stuff like DMB Falchion and Giant Dad and the invasion system will be like Dark Souls 3.

fuckin normies and casuls ruin everything

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom