Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Sands of Space - sci-fi turn-based RPG (in development)

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
indiedb : http://www.indiedb.com/games/sands-of-space-turn-based-rpg
Sands of Space is old school RPG with turn based combat. The plot of the game takes a place in alternative future of the 1980s. Active space exploration in progress. Many planets are inhabited, and some have already been abandoned. The main character, the space nighthawk gets suspiciously shady offer. During the mission spaceship crashed and the whole crew has died. He is the only one who survived and left alone without any back up on the planet called TRAPPIST-1 h which has been in quarantine for dozens of years. The previously prosperous cyber-metropolis of one of the planetary systems - decays after a biological plague. And it’s not the most pleasant place that turns into the hell, when he realizes that it's impossible to run away from this trap. Some people say that everyone has a small chance to leave TRAPPIST-1 h, and the black archaeologist is trying to do his best to find the ship and get off this planet.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Another month, another Slavout. If the writing in the game is anything like the writing in those blips then this is gonna be interesting indeed. :M

dmonin

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Make the Codex Great Again!

dmonin

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Hello!
Is that OK if sometimes I will post some updates here?

It's been over a month since the last update and thats what I have now:

1. Speech bubbles added! NPC shows random phrases now!
2. Added path highlighting and path cost. I mean it's in combat mode of course.
3. Dialogs! We have a dialogs! But UI will be modified in a future.
4. Added action pie menu!
5. Combat mode improvement - now you can hit the enemy through a window, glass etc. Yeah!
6. Barrels now are explosive, just hit them and it will show the holy fire!
7. Fixed bugs. You really don't want to know what it was.

And here you can watch a video with latest features:

dmonin

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Hi! I know it's not a Underrail with a map news and not an Atom with Early Access news but I just want to post new small update to show that progress exist :D

Right now working on new monster - Derelict. Derelict it's muted human living in dark places such as caves and urban sewage. Also inventory and other features still in progress.

new_m_derelict_3.png
new_m_derelict_2.png

new_m_derelict.png

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Sci-fi turn-based RPG

What a magical combination of words. I instantly got all warm and fuzzy.

And hey, it doesn't look half bad. Sure anims and sfx could do with some work but hey...

Sci-fi turn-based RPG

:kfc:
Honestly any description that says "X turn based RPG" where X is a description of the setting and is NOT ="fantasy" would make me answer in a positive way.

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Thank you! Yes music is very important for the game atmosphere. And I still thinking that Morgan's OST for Fallout is awesome.

That's the effect it gives, pure brooding atmosphere. I fucking love game music like that, and it fits so well with being trapped somewhere, fighting such strange aliens. Really cool project in general too

dmonin

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Hi! Yet another progress of old school RPG with turn based combat.

Long story short I have added a outliner for objects that player can interact with, new monster Derelict and Psy Derelict with invisible feature, new HUD, ammo reloading, new UI for dialogs and notifications for quests.
And here the timeline
  1. 00:00 - 02:18 fight with Derelicts and Psy Derelict
  2. 02:18 - 02:54 new UI for Inventory
  3. 02:54 - 03:28 big badaboom

The outliner works like in Underrail. You can press Tab and it will highlight the objects near the player to reduce pixel hunting. Also the color of outliner is depending on what object it is. For example
1. None NPC (lockers, stuff on floor etc.) — blue outline
2. NPC not in battle mode with player — green outline
3. NPC in battle mode with player — red outline

As you can see the new enemy Derelict is in a game, two version of him actually. Psy Derelict and Derelict. The Psy Derelict is invisible and he is the leader of group. Thats mean other Derelicts near the Psy Derelict attack with more damage. And if Psy Derelict is dead they become weaker.

Thank you!

dmonin

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Looks neato

Thank you!

The derelict reminds me of the Stranger Things tv show
Thank you!

Well, "Stranger Things" one of the references :) But main references are still "Aliens", "Screamers", "The Thing", "Leviathan", "X-Files", "Firefly tv show", "Serenity", "Blade Runner" etc.

dmonin

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Hi there! Thanks for bump :D

Project still in progress and I'm working everyday x.x Tired as hell...

So I'm in a middle of finishing the backend of the game. I mean game mechanics such as maths, stats, fow, perks and quest system and stuff like this. Hard to say when I'm gonna to finish this but I think it will took about a month. And after all of this I'm gonna to work on visual part - new models, visual fx (psy, explosive's etc.)

So thats why there no any news yet. Except only experimental with fog of war. But when I start working on visual part I will post here more often!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom