Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition - Beamdog's final enhancement - now with new premium modules

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
That's dumb. We already have BG/IWD and other D&D total control RPGs. NWN already has AI in it and a system that can be greatly improved. What sense does it make to go completely in the opposite direction of that?

Fucking people man.

Have fun navigating all those sub groups in the combat UI for each character.

Delicious tears from you, and I thank you for them.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Delterius

Arcane
That dude forgot to mention that a party in D&D means that each character is controlled by a different player, thus each player only controls a single character.
A game where a player controls a party of characters with a sole focus on combat is called a wargame, which is a different genre.
Whitecover.gif

D&D isn't a wargame you say.

Definitions of words can prove our opinions you think.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
What's wrong Lhynn? It if makes you and "Fluent's World" feel any better: when something gets on the Trello board, that means it's only being considered. It doesn't mean we're getting FPC, that it's guaranteed. It only means the devs will take note of it, the more votes it gets. But ultimately, it's Beamdog's call. Moreoever, the FPC employment I've called for doesn't take anything away from those who prefer dumb companion AI: it only adds an option for builders to switch on FPC at the toolset level, either for creation of new FPC campaigns or the rebalancing of preexisting ones. Basically, no need to get your knickers in a knot. Nothing is being taken away from you; it's only the possibility that something will be added as an option, or its potential unhardcoded, for those with better taste than you.

Lhynn

Arcane
Short of official announcements, that's about as many upvotes as an article-based post can expect on that reddit. I think the max I got was 60.
Was going to ask you why you didnt post it on the nwn reddit, but you did. And got demolished there. :lol:
Funny is that the dude is using basically the exact same argument as i am. Not that it matters, nwn reddit is even less active than BG reddit.

Posted it there to gauge interest; to highlight the reason BG fans didn't gravitate. I acknowledge my agenda, Captain Obvious.
As Captain Obvious let me do my duty and make it easier for you: there is none. Not to any significant degree.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Man, I dont know what I find more shocking on this thread, if it is BeamDog monetizing a 15 years old game or to discover there are people that like NWN combat and are sad that other people might not be forced on the future to withstand it on its glorious purity.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Was going to ask you why you didnt post it on the nwn reddit, but you did. And got demolished there. :lol:

18 upvotes and 87% upvoted is just fine on such a pitifully inactive reddit as that one. Look up "demolished" in the dictionary.

As Captain Obvious let me do my duty and make it easier for you: there is none. Not to any significant degree.

45 upvotes and 95% upvoted with 25 upvotes on first partisan reply is significant for that reddit. Imagine if this was in BG's heyday... oh, wait. You couldn't imagine it because you weren't around back then (and nor was reddit, to be fair).

That said, this does not matter all that much now. What is more telling is that my FPC post has more views than any thread on the NWN Beamdog forum, including their FAQ stickies, and that FPC is now on the Trello board for consideration.

Lhynn

Arcane
Im sorry, i just cannot take you seriously when we are talking about 18 assholes trying to decide the direction of an updated version of a classic by remaking the gameplay from scratch.
I also cannot even fathom where you get the faith in beamdog not to screw it up royally. Like, whatever it is you are thinking they can do, theyll do much, much worse. There isnt even a comparison about whatever glorious vision you have in your mind and whatever youll get once they are done with it.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Im sorry, i just cannot take you seriously when we are talking about 18 assholes trying to decide the direction of an updated version of a classic by remaking the gameplay from scratch.

You brought up that lil' reddit. I'm just quoting you back verifiable stats to prove you're full of shit.

I also cannot even fathom where you get the faith in beamdog not to screw it up royally.

Again, woman's intuition: the most powerful force on Earth.

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I admire Lilura's dedication and passion on this issue and in general, but I, too, can't see why she thinks Beamdog want to or can do this. This is a bit out of their usual scope of "enhancing", i.e. blatantly steal mods and sometimes improve pathfinding on their own. I also don't know what Beamdog themselves think they are doing or what their goals are with these enhanced editions. I mean apart from money and from making them run on modern OSes without voodoo magic and virgin sacrifices (i.e. googling it). The work that they do do make it seem kind of pointless from the pov of the consumer. I doubt NWN will be any different, hope is a cruel mistress, so hoping for FPC seems soul-crushing.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Man, I dont know what I find more shocking on this thread, if it is BeamDog monetizing a 15 years old game

I called for this on BioWare Social ages ago. Beamdog CEO was director, producer and one of the lead designers on the original. Beamdog has four Enhanced Editions under their belt along with an expansion interquel. They made some missteps but evidently learned from them with PST:EE, which is fine. A few Codexers think IWD:EE is fine, too. Beamdog have the source code for NWN, which runs like a dog on many current gen setups. Nothing shocking here; it's logical.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
They are not considering full party control. They may say they are but they are not.
Just as little as they are considering high quality hd textures, new models, better scripting tools, or anything else that would make this worth anyone's time.
They make the games work on newer computers, that's it.

DeepOcean

Arcane
They are not considering full party control. They may say they are but they are not.
Just as little as they are considering high quality hd textures, new models, better scripting tools, or anything else that would make this worth anyone's time.
Unfortunately, this is the truth.

Sykar

Arcane

Well they are parasites who add nothing of value to these classics. It is hilarious that there are even people here who defend these shysters.

d1nolore

Savant
Full party control make no sense for NWN. People who prefer FPC don't like or play NWN generally anyway, they cry about NWN sucking and BG2 was better and NWN was such a letdown and NWN OC sucks. Why in the world would they focus their main efforts on redesigning a 15 year old game for people who never liked NWN to begin with? If they did these people would still say NWN sucks and the OC is terrible and there would be NO FPC content on launch anyway..? Do you have any idea of the effort of redesigning the engine for FPC? The amount of tweeking, the bugs, the unimplemented features, and on going support required for this? Do you really want Beamdog to be responsible for this implementation? None of which will be useful for ANY current content anyway?

Why change the actual game genre of NWN? Next you'll want KotOR EE top down with full party control???

I don't actually mind if they want to do this on top of the more desired changes but I can't imagine using it, I would rather go play a game designed with FPC.

Palomides

Augur
'Women have a wonderful instinct about things. They can discover everything except the obvious.' — Oscar Wilde

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady

Negativity.

Lies.

Again, best part is? In this sphere, you are a literal non-entity - a Nothing. As are the other negative Nancys and liars in this thread.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Lol such battle here,i could feel the heat from the eternal battle between Baatezu and Tanar'ri.

PS:This release will flop and not many people will buy this game.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
No need for dumb exaggerations: this is Lilura versus gibberlings and xvarts. This is someone who has covered Infinity, Aurora and Electron more than anyone else, ever, versus a mob of shitposters and trolls.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
i honestly cannot understand why anyone would ever be against full party control.

returning more specifically to NWN EE topic, the one thing that would make me play NWN EE is FPC and/or additional new content.

sadly neither of these 2 things will happen... but to reiterate: why would anyone be against party control? i just don't get it.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
No need for dumb exaggerations: this is Lilura versus gibberlings and xvarts. This is someone who has covered Infinity, Aurora and Electron more than anyone else, ever, versus a mob of shitposters and trolls.
Don't tell me that the codex is getting under your skin :) . Chill out,drink a bottle of gin or Koniak.
By the way being in a shitposting mood i must ask. Do you have such a nice rack in real life ?
lilura.jpg

i honestly cannot understand why anyone would ever be against full party control.

returning more specifically to NWN EE topic, the one thing that would make me play NWN EE is FPC and/or additional new content.

sadly neither of these 2 things will happen... but to reiterate: why would anyone be against party control? i just don't get it.

I don't mind it but it doesn't sound possible. It will be nice addition for moding and moduels. Still do you believe that Beamdogs are up to the task? Most of their accomplishments are adding mods to the base game and releasing it with more bugs than the original....also lovely sjw writing.

Deleted Member 16721

Because every RPG ever made has full party control, and something different would be fresh/welcomed? That's why I am. And the base AI stuff is already in NWN, so it could be improved a bunch instead of going the exact opposite direction of what's already there. Especially since Beamdog has limited resources.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
i honestly cannot understand why anyone would ever be against full party control. why would anyone be against party control? i just don't get it.

I think they are just afraid of the positive advances NWN:EE has already made; Beamdog haven't stepped a foot wrong. If FPC is employed in Aurora, the only thing left to bitch about is the lack of turn-based combat (which I also called for in the article). But with the popularity of the Infinity Engine on the 'Dex, that is unlikely to generate even a ripple.

Don't tell me that the codex is getting under your skin :) .

The shitposters and trolls bump the thread; this suits my agenda.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom