Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Thread

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
The whole game is pretentious. I played an hour and decided the first impression was so bad that I could not suffer any more of it. Cringe all the way.

This is a game for nerds written by dorks.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
There's something about T:ToN names that intensely irritates me. It's like they're random syllables, or maybe anagrams of something. Many of them even sound better backwards. Riastrad and Satsada for example.

Even Rhotfuss was bitching about it on his stream.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Lmao what the fuck? This reads like they all just started every meeting snorting lines of cocaine arranged into swastikas on McCombs bald head, and then Saunders would stand on the table, pull out his cock and give Wolf of Wall Street style speech encouraging everyone to think outside of the box and throw around their wildest ideas.

Sriously, that shit is hilarious. This isn't a how you run a video game project , this is how you run an asylum.
That sounds like making a great and lively game,not the boring trudge that we get. If thy were snoring swastika coke the game would have been great!

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
If thy were snoring swastika coke the game would have been great!

I hate to break this to you, but coke doesn't actually make you great at anything. It just makes you think you're great at everything.
It doesn't make you great but for a short time does accelerate your cognitive processes and your hand-eye coordination is improved. The problem comes from running out of coke or over dosing.Also does make you feel like immortal bastard and does dumb the physical feelings during fights. I have managed to binge study for exams and pass them with good grades tanks to coke.

PS:I don't recommend people using drugs unless they have some strong will power and resistance to addiction. There is good reason people use drugs,they feel great but can ruin your life easily.

Prime Junta

Sure, stimulants can work when you need to stay awake, focus, and produce a lot of stuff fast. Hugh Hefner was wired as fuck when putting together the first issues of Playboy almost single-handed, and of course militaries use them all the time.

What they won't do is improve the quality of what you do, at all. Even the Hef did have an editor who cut out all the repeated paragraphs and whatnot that his coked-up writing had.

(N.b.: there is great art of all kinds which has been produced by druggies and stoners of every desciription; however most of them didn't actually write them while under the influence. Writing about being stoned, high, wasted, or wired is not the same as writing while being stoned, high, wasted, or wired.)

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Sure, stimulants can work when you need to stay awake, focus, and produce a lot of stuff fast. Hugh Hefner was wired as fuck when putting together the first issues of Playboy almost single-handed, and of course militaries use them all the time.

What they won't do is improve the quality of what you do, at all. Even the Hef did have an editor who cut out all the repeated paragraphs and whatnot that his coked-up writing had.

(N.b.: there is great art of all kinds which has been produced by druggies and stoners of every desciription; however most of them didn't actually write them while under the influence. Writing about being stoned, high, wasted, or wired is not the same as writing while being stoned, high, wasted, or wired.)
I am not saying that you will become a master craftsman if you snort coke or be able to write some magnum opus. But it will increase the quality of some works for a short time.There is a good reason that Hitler was pumping up his troops with amphets. Drugs can increase the quality of your work for a very short time,there are many different kind of shit that increases different things. A lot of people do use enhancement drugs mate,especially in the west. We are not talking about shit like heroin,weed or LSD. I am curious mate,have you tried Cocaine?

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
In my college days I've tried pretty much anything I could get my hands on that was rumored to improve academic performance, and the thing is, none of it really does. The best stuff basically allows you to work at your peak, by temporarily reducing or removing whatever mental or physical barriers might exist. But for people who already are high-performers it does nothing beyond the stimulatory effect.

Trashos

Arcane
My whole career has been supported by insane amounts of caffeine and nicotine. Cheap, legal doping. Some other drugs do help with making music, but I am not into that.

Some of the best doping comes from eating and sleeping well, but who can find that shit nowadays.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
A cigarette is a god's gift to mankind, it has that bizarre effect of both stimulating and relaxing, at the same time. Nicotine gives you that energy boost and the act of smoking itself is basically a micro-meditation, for those couple of seconds you clear you head and focus on what matters. Other drugs mess with your head, make you violent, make you land on the street. Cigarette has zero side effects on your social life or career and allows you to operate at peak levels for decades. It turns you into a productive citizen, and then, in a final act of kindness, it kills you by the time you're 50 and protects the planet from overpopulation.

Perfection.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
So is this game "done"? I checked the Kickstarter updates and the last one was May of last year. Just asking because the possibility of an Enhanced edition or something like that is always possible. Have they said anything about that, or is this basically the final iteration?

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Yeah lung cancer is just so fucking fun. It's worth it for 5 years of being "zeh cool kid" and being "clear minded"

I stopped smoking 12 years ago, never been happier in my life. And I've never been more clear headed either.

You want some real proven results? Exercise more, eat healthy and get more sleep.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Yeah lung cancer is just so fucking fun. It's worth it for 5 years of being "zeh cool kid" and being "clear minded"

I stopped smoking 12 years ago, never been happier in my life. And I've never been more clear headed either.

You want some real proven results? Exercise more, eat healthy and get more sleep.
You are sounding like a health freak that will die in his thirties from hearth attack during his jogging. Also the biggest reason for cancer is not cigarettes or alcohol,it is the pollution of our living environment,the smog from cars and factories,toxins from the water filtration, pesticides and mutations in the food and a few other shit. I am man that likes to mix his life,nice black tea in the morning,quality food,a lot of walking during the day, nice drink at diner,shitposting in the codex,going out drinking from time to time the simple pleasures in life are important to me.

PS: What kind of cancer do you have,if it is not the lung one?

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
So is this game "done"? I checked the Kickstarter updates and the last one was May of last year. Just asking because the possibility of an Enhanced edition or something like that is always possible. Have they said anything about that, or is this basically the final iteration?
Yeah I doubt they're going to touch this one. Even Fargo probably understood that there's no way to save this one save pretty much redoing it. If there's ever a full rework of the game (there won't be), it'll practically be a new game for all intents and purposes, so if you're holding off playing, there's really no point.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The codex is one of the few places that still acknowledge its existence,most people have long forgotten about this game.

Prime Junta

Lung cancer isn't so bad. It's not painful, the breathing difficulties are easy to manage with morphine, and it's over in a few months. Enough to come to terms with mortality and settle your accounts with the world, not so long it drags on unbearably.

(Just lost someone to it a few months ago.)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom