Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights (NWN & NWN2) Modules Thread

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
and trust me, i extensively worked with every toolset and know what i am talking about here.
Please link to the fruits of your endeavors.
i mostly mod for friends and myself, never really finishing anything for the public.

So in all those years, nothing worth releasing to the public.

also i am hardly satisfied with my work - your own worst critic, you name it.

Perfectionists are such boring, useless people.

over the years i worked with and built levels for the build engine, the doom engine, numerous versions of gtkradiant (id tech 2-4), the hammer editor (goldsrc, source 1/2), source filmmaker, aurora/electron toolsets, terrain builder/buldozer/eden editor for arma 3 (vr engine 4), creation kit and g.e.c.k. editors for gamebryo, dromed (dark engine), gta1-2 editor, unrealed (ue 1-3), maxed (max-fx 1-2), vampire redemption sdk (nod engine), the aow3 mod/editor (creation engine), the map editors for wc1-3 and sc1-2, the dragon age toolset, the divinity engine 1-2, and a few dcc apps like gimp, blender, gmax, krita, silo, etc. even at my 9 to 5 job i have to use dozens of tools and editors.

Anyone could type up a list like this. Again, all that dabbling and not a single thing to show for it.

i know my way around them, and i think that i have a pretty good grasp of what i am talking about here.

You keep saying that, don't you. But Lhynn seems to know more on what the toolsets are about, and he's not even claiming to be a modder.

Semper

Cipher
MCA Project: Eternity
Perfectionists are such boring, useless people.
i am pretty sure without a perfectionist's approach there would be no swordflight series. you want to tell rogueknight333 how useless he is?

Again, all that dabbling and not a single thing to show for it.
i know that the following will be very difficult for you to understand, but i am perfectly happy without other people's acknowledgement. you're free to believe whatever you want to.
actually, all this talk made me remember something:
I find 3d apps Ezer to get a grip on than the Electron toolset; which is a maze of shit, and unresponsive.
that's hard to believe. which dcc package do you work with and what's your experience level?
sadly, you never replied. which 3d app is ezer (sic) to use than the unresponsive maze of shit the electron toolset apparently is?

Last edited:

rogueknight333

Arbiter
i am pretty sure without a perfectionist's approach there would be no swordflight series...

Personally, I think there is much I could have done better in Swordflight, and to my mind I have made numerous compromises for the purpose of getting stuff released in a reasonable time, so I hardly think of myself as a perfectionist. I do try to insure that what I release will meet some standards for quality, so certainly in a relative sense one could be a lot less perfectionist than me. Be that as it may, it is odd to cite me in defense of NWN2 as I have little to say about that game or its toolset that is positive. However, if you are enjoying whatever you are doing with the NWN2 toolset, I commend you for not caring about what other people think of the results.

I agree with most of what Lhynn has been saying about the undesirablility of adding full party control to NWN and the issues with NWN2. In relation to that combination of subjects, it seems that what those calling for FPC in NWN1 actually want is NWN2 with tilesets. That would seem to constitute a game that meets their checklist of desired features, so perhaps that is what they should be agitating for. Since NWN2 already uses tilesets for interior areas, on the face of it that would be a much less radical and more practical enhancement. Quite possibly it could even be done by modders without any need for an official EE.

Semper

Cipher
MCA Project: Eternity
Be that as it may, it is odd to cite me in defense of NWN2 as I have little to say about that game or its toolset that is positive.
you were cited because i was under the impression that the meticulous balanced swordflight modules, be it enemy encounters or item distribution, require dedication and perfectionism. also i thought i read some post from you calling yourself a perfectionist, or how you deviated from your usual perfectionism to release a module (?) in a short timeframe for some community challenge. either way, i am fully aware that there's nothing good about nwn2 coming from your mouth.

edit: found the post in the bioware archive.
Again ironically, I think I could work well enough with a monthly time limit myself (in fact I rather appreciated the discipline it imposed - it was for me a useful exercise to focus on speed rather than my usual more perfectionist approach), but I am uncertain how many other people can.

Since NWN2 already uses tilesets for interior areas, on the face of it that would be a much less radical and more practical enhancement. Quite possibly it could even be done by modders without any need for an official EE.
afaik that's impossible. interiors don't render skydomes, neither the hardcoded one nor custom ones. you could possibly bypass this with a big enough custom placeable to encapsulate the area, but then the texture wouldn't reflect the day/night cycle. then you're back at hooking the heartbeat and manually scritping the switch of the skydome model, or to create the needed texture swap through a custom vfx; all coming with their own sorts of problems. one could also create 9x9m tiles as placebales in outdoor areas with misused hook points or a custom snapping plugin, but i don't think that the hassle to create such an insane workload would ever be justified.

Last edited:

d1nolore

Savant
Proof is in the pudding really; NWN is yet to be replaced to this day and we're all on the lookout. NWN having more player numbers than NWN2 tells it all. NWN2 wasn't a failure of a game, but it was a failure to replace NWN1. NWN had a strong rich history of players which it enjoyed for many years, NWN2 had a mass exodus not to far into its history. Sad but true. There was a return of many builders and DMs to NWN after NWN2 failed to provide the functionality of NWN, particularly for multiplayer. Sadly most of the NWN2 online worlds collapsed and most of these players and builders did not return, and if they did it was mostly to NwN1.

Last I played NWN2(or didn't) it wouldn't run on my computer, I spent hours downloading and tracking down patches and looking for fixes. Last I played NWN I downloaded the patch installed and played.

Deleted Member 16721

I just reinstalled NWN, what's a good single player mod from the last couple or so years?

I take it you've already played Swordflight? Saleron's Gambit is cool. Dialogue can get a little wordy in spots but it's a solid adventure. I'm sure Lilura can give you a lot of great suggestions.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I just reinstalled NWN, what's a good single player mod from the last couple or so years?
Give a gander at Strife in Grimbone if you haven't, quite a decent starter module. Frankly, can't think of any that fits the timeframe you ask.

d1nolore

Savant
Cool thanks I'll check them out. My memories pretty bad I can't remember which mods I played in the past :eek:

d1nolore

Savant
I thought I'd start with something lighthearted; anyone remember the card game module Demon Cards? I remember having a lot of fun with this mod, more so with multiplayer. Its a awesome mod from back in the day where you can build a fight card deck and fight them vs one of the NPCs or vs other players.

Theres a patched version on nwvault that makes it so you don't need to move to click on any of the cards

https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/module/demon-cards-patched-and-onclick

:D

Valtiel

Scholar
Sorry if Off Topic, i'm getting crazy in MotB with the faceless man, I think it's bugged, he won't go down, I read that there must be 4 spawn in the battle but all I see is two of them, he went near death so many times I guess it must be bugged, I'm messing with the debug mode but I cannot find a kill command, what to do?

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Sorry if Off Topic, i'm getting crazy in MotB with the faceless man, I think it's bugged, he won't go down, I read that there must be 4 spawn in the battle but all I see is two of them, he went near death so many times I guess it must be bugged, I'm messing with the debug mode but I cannot find a kill command, what to do?
You don't have to kill him with the Sword of Gith, that's nonsense. You just have to kill the spawns before you can finish him off. If those other ones don't spawn it must be bugged. Is the game patched?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
You don't? Then why do you go through all that trouble to get it again? I distinctly remember killing him with it on every playthrough.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Just because you used it doesn't mean you have to use it. I never used it. You can use any weapon, your fists, spells only or even just the bard ability Song of Requiem, which since it's AoE and does a flabbergasting amount of dmg (>100 sonic dmg per round AoE, Akachi has like 700 HP) kills him and his spawns extremely quickly without you having to raise any weapon. The story reason for you to need that sword is to open the gate to the city of judgement, not to kill Akachi.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom