Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Recommend game, plz

• Thread starter Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal
  • Start date

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

Just finished the XCOM: Enemy Within campaign and have nothing to play. Need a game recommendation for something fun that can run on a laptop with an integrated GPU (nothing too graphics-intensive). DOTA2 is giving me anxiety, so single-player games are preferred.

Thanks!

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I'm playing X-COM 2 with the War of the Chosen expansion and it's okay. The base game is on sale on Steam for $19.99 I believe but the expansion is still $30 or so.

It's the same game in many ways as EW/EU but there are a lot of new twists and new content thrown in. AI is still moronic but it sort of has to be to avoid protracted unwinnable skirmishes.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Have you played Hard West? It should be easy on the laptop and is similar to XCOM in many ways so if you like one you'll probably enjoy the other.

Jokzore

Arbiter
Literally any RPG people here gush about. They're all ancient so you can probably run them on a toaster.

similar to XCOM: Banner Saga, Xenonauts, Jagged Alliance 2, Fallout Tactics

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
The old X-Coms? They aren't for casual filth, though, so keep that in mind. Jagged Alliance 1 or 2 can work as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

McPlusle

Savant
The original X-COM, with or without OpenXcom. In my opinion, X-Com: UFO Defense/UFO: Enemy Unknown is vastly better than the reboot series. Xenonauts is also great and should run fine on your system.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
All of these, off the top of my head, should run on a laptop:

RPGs:
Caves of Qud
Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup
Sil
Brouge
Baldur's Gate 1 and 2
Fallout 1 and 2
Icewind Dale 1, 2 and the expansions
Knights of Chalice
Banner Saga 1 and 2
Terraria
Planescape: Torment
Battle Brothers

Others:
Factorio
Kingdom: New Lands
FTL

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
Can't go wrong with Stick Arena.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom