Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Yпадок 21, Возвращение

Dayyālu

Arcane
IT WILL BE DONE

ERYTHEIA HAS NOW BEEN GIVEN TO THE FOURTH

ROLLBACK DONE

SEND YOUR TURNS

Hope you didn't rollback because of me.

And I think both KoolNoodles and Isiloon are both veteran stalers who don't let such things hinder them much at all.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
I'm not a veteran staler thank you very much!

I had a stale anyway, because my turn didnt send.. but this time I did send.

Either way - Marignon in this game is a small city state, with explosive religious people, that owns a fairly strategic position, next to Grimwulf.

So I'm probably going to be crushed or become someone's de-facto disciple... any takers?

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
The idea of being independent and possibly attack by another empire is causing too much anxiety.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Dayyalu wanted to give up just because he started next to me!

Wait, I have to play the same turn again? Shouldn't llamaserver auto-submit the turn for those that didn't stale?

KoolNoodles

Arcane
The idea of being independent and possibly attack by another empire is causing too much anxiety.

So you want to give up on the game just because you started next to me? I wish KoolNoodles had the same attitude.

Missus has been quite sick so I forgot to send in all the hubbub. Most times I do the turn last minute, but not this time. :D

Don't mind staling though.....just gotta plan for it! :positive:

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
No I want to give up because I got blocked from expanding and you have a pretender that could solo my whole nation minus my capital at the moment.

I guess I'll have to conquer the coasts

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
This is totally unrelated to the game, but I was listening to some dark classic music (hunting for music for my own game)

Then I thought, hey I thought I closed dominions... suddenly I realized I found the source author for Dominions 5 music.

The other music the artist makes is pretty dope as well - Salem's secret from the list is Dominion 5 soundtrack - have to wonder how much they paid him.

Dayyālu

Arcane
T have to wonder how much they paid him.

Too much.

Tbh, I am not particularly impressed with Dominion 5's soundtrack. It feels incredibly generic fantasy, and it's not a plus on my book. Sure, it's more sombre than you usual stock music. Few "generic soundtracks" ever stuck in my mind, bar the Black Moon Chronicles one (terrible game by the way) mostly because it apes Gregorian chant and Carmina Burana.

Dom3&4's soundtracks both "aped" (or downright were) medieval\renaissance music, making them at least distinctive.

Dunnow, it probably felt like a good idea for them to change tunes after fifteen years, but meh.

RANDOM MEDIEVAL VIDEO OF THE DAY BECAUSE I CAN

Dayyālu

Arcane
Furthermore, Arco, can you at least TRY to keep Lemuria in check on your goddamn side of the map?

We all know that Sqeecoo merely survived by reneging on his own word and lying, but at least someone could help solve the problems.

Also, I'm still waiting for financial support (lemuria is getting more mercs than I am) or supply items. My patience is running thin with playing this shit game and if I get bored you get Lemuria.

I am crystal clear? Support from the Free Nations of the world would be kinda appreciated, as I'm wrecking myself to save your ass.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Hey!

First of all, I suicided all my troops so I'd keep my "word". Your guys were then later routed from my cap by like 3 mages skellyspamming when I emptied my sieged capitol in a suicidal last breakout. Again, I emptied my capitol before the walls were down after suiciding my troops earlier. I'm alive because skellyspam + frighten is stronk against starved troops, not because I lied.

Secondly, when I said I'd surrender my capitol to Arco, I was thinking of you sieging my capitol, Arco coming in and beating your army, and then me happily letting him take it. It didn't even remotely cross my mind that you'd pull back completely and expect me to roll over and surrender to Arco who was completely incapable of taking me down at this point. When I saw you had understood it that way and were salty about it, I suicided my guys.

I'm not ashamed of lying and manipulation in dominions, that's part of the fun, but I don't like it being said I broke my ingame word when I did not :)

sqeecoo

Arcane
He is more of a bystander I think :D
We three didn't have any private convos about the alleged promise of surrender (at least I didn't), it's all based on my post earlier in the topic.

Anyway, I'm not butthurt or anything and Dayyalu has more reason to be - I knew what I was getting into with picking Lemuria so I was prepared to be bumrushed, but he's just an innocent fishperson who wanted to play a normal game. Just want to set the record straight from my perspective about the lying thing :)

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
:avatard:

And what is your version of the story, Agesilaus?

I have nothing to do with any of this. I just want to keep to myself and make a perfect, self-sufficient society of bookworms.

I will just say that the undead don't respect borders, and their leader is probably a thoroughly disreputable fellow. Given the utter immorality of Lemuria and their unacceptable behaviour in regards to my border, I would be willing to pay the fish people a bounty for slapping Lemuria around.

Last edited:

sqeecoo

Arcane
If the leaders of Arcocephale could abstain from constant gay sex for even a second, they might have noticed it was their armies that attacked first while we were desperately defending from the Atlantean slime!

Lemuria will continue to accept donations from all upright peoples of the world in their desperate fight to weaken these two abominations. The brave man does not fear death, but even the stoutest warrior will recoil at the thought of fish and homosexuality.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
...they might have noticed it was their armies that attacked...

Oh, that must be why I'm missing some territory and the related province defense points.

You know what, I remember everything clearly now. Lemuria started all this shit and their pathetic empire must burn.

sqeecoo

Arcane
You mean those provinces in my capring I took back? Filthy lies! Suffer not the LGBTQR to live!

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Lemurian_Defeats.png

You were saying?

:positive:

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
i think the new soundtrack is alright, it is more generic but it's firmly locked in my mind as dominions music.. the old one I had to turn it off constantly because it was too non-ambient.

Erythia I saw your battle against the indies, I love your sun warrior bless guys man. Totally cool.

oXNLMeX.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom