Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

Turbo normie

Scholar
I met the magical girl companion. Bitch is half berserker half tree hugger. She's ugly and I won't be able to bang her that's kinda depressing, give me D:OS2 sex scenes !
But in Ultra difficulty, I let her fight for me, I haven't joined a faction yet, I've built my character to play with rifles and I have only a cultivator bow as ranged weapon.
Companions are actually fucking OP while I need to hit 30 times+ to drop ennemies' health bar she annihilate them in less than 10 hits.:bounce:

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Companions are actually fucking OP while I need to hit 30 times+ to drop ennemies' health bar she annihilate them in less than 10 hits.:bounce:

Companions can only look OP in the beginning, they become useless shits pretty soon.
Pretty much. I also thought they were OP when I first met some, but as the game progresses and you get better gear, etc. you will outperform them to the point where you will only have one around 'cause you like their remark.
Of course, even in useless state, they can sometimes act as cannon fodder for a few moments so you can concentrate on other enemies.

I also think their damage is somehow related to your own, maybe they level just as you do (but to lesser effect).

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
About 2/3 done with the game now I wager, curious about one thing. I

declined eating the heart (Arx' questline).

Anyone tried it and want to divulge the results? Am curious.

Pretty much. I also thought they were OP when I first met some, but as the game progresses and you get better gear, etc. you will outperform them to the point where you will only have one around 'cause you like their remark.

I only used them while I was doing their quests, send them to camp after that because I took One Man Army skill. I found their remarks rather annoying because often I had no idea why they disliked something I did.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Hey guys. Never played this game before. Bought it kind of on a whim around Christmas as a gift for myself. Probably won't be able to play it on my old PC so I'll have to get a new one.
What does everyone think of this game so far though?
Didn't read this thread, but it's the official ELEX thread so what the hell.

hilfazer

Scholar

Companions can only look OP in the beginning, they become useless shits pretty soon.
Of course, even in useless state, they can sometimes act as cannon fodder for a few moments so you can concentrate on other enemies.

I also think their damage is somehow related to your own, maybe they level just as you do (but to lesser effect).

Like many players i did notice companions' performance was dropping as i was leveling up.
But... at some point and for some reason... they became kickass again! I don't why has it happened, maybe due to Chapter change. I also had pretty high lvl, like 40+ when i noticed they are back in business. I also had Charisma ability that boosts them on lvl 1 but i've picked that much sooner.

Not sure which patch but before 1.0.2946.0 CN.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I find the exception to companion remarks being annoying to be B.R.O.N.Y. He is pretty genuinely funny, non-intrusive, gathers elex from the surroundings (which helps when you're doing a playthrough using only found, not bought, ELEX), and he is the most OP follower since: HE GOT A FLASHLIGHT <3

Hey guys. Never played this game before. Bought it kind of on a whim around Christmas as a gift for myself. Probably won't be able to play it on my old PC so I'll have to get a new one.

is kay

He is a cannibal and psychomaniac

Enlightening. I meant consequences

gothic to the extreme. both the strong points and weaknesses of the gothic formula are here to please and haunt you. best parts are the best gothic has ever offered, worst are the worst ever ever ever.

Grimlorn

Arcane
I find the exception to companion remarks being annoying to be B.R.O.N.Y. He is pretty genuinely funny, non-intrusive, gathers elex from the surroundings (which helps when you're doing a playthrough using only found, not bought, ELEX), and he is the most OP follower since: HE GOT A FLASHLIGHT <3

is kay

He is a cannibal and psychomaniac

Enlightening. I meant consequences
I reloaded and did it once. Eating the heart just nets you what a small elex potion gives you IIRC. So you just gain 100 exp. It's lame.

Last edited:

It's PB's best since Risen 1, though not as good. It differs from their regular formula in having HUEG map and respawning enemies.

No way, it's better than Risen 1. Risen 1 is a bit tighter and more cohesive, but that game is like 20 hours of good gameplay followed by 20 hours of absolute horseshit. Elex is about 60-70 hours of good gameplay followed by a short end-game grind. On top of that, Elex has in some ways the best exploration of any PB game ever (the vertical exploration, the weirdness of the setting, the cool sub-stories, the mix of different things), and the best C&C in quests. It's a rough product, but it's really good once you get past the bs.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
No way, it's better than Risen 1. Risen 1 is a bit tighter and more cohesive, but that game is like 20 hours of good gameplay followed by 20 hours of absolute horseshit. Elex is about 60-70 hours of good gameplay followed by a short end-game grind. On top of that, Elex has in some ways the best exploration of any PB game ever (the vertical exploration, the weirdness of the setting, the cool sub-stories, the mix of different things), and the best C&C in quests. It's a rough product, but it's really good once you get past the bs.

Weird cool stories? The amount of audio tapes/written logs can be counted on two hands. Sorry but the lore is very scarce[not that it is super interesting].

Turbo normie

Scholar
Wait...
I've finally reached the level 10 and joined a faction and I am still weak. For the begining I've used my attrib' points to be a beast with ranged weapon and now with my plasma rifle I can barely scratch a mutant chicken.
When will I be able to do damages ? :///////////////

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Wait...
I've finally reached the level 10 and joined a faction and I am still weak. For the begining I've used my attrib' points to be a beast with ranged weapon and now with my plasma rifle I can barely scratch a mutant chicken.

You need to explore until you find a good rifle, or just spend 100 hours to hack mobs with melee, level up, and buy some shit from faction inventory.

Weird cool stories? The amount of audio tapes/written logs can be counted on two hands. Sorry but the lore is very scarce[not that it is super interesting].

Are you sure you actually explored besides the quests? There is a ton of stuff out there to find. 10 logs? Are you kidding me? The diaries of pre-comet people, both civilian and military, the stories of Infinite Skies and Dawkins, entries dealing with certain characters like Bloody Baxter, random Berserkers/Outlaws/Clerics who had some mini-tale described in a note or log (like the two exiled berserkers near the coast who ended up killing each other or the exiles in the valley eaten by a troll), out of the way places and people like the Clerics near the Fort spying on it from the mountains, etc, etc, etc. My note page in the UI had so much stuff in it by the time I finished, it took almost a minute to scroll through it.

And that's not even mentioning environmental story-telling, like skelletons sitting in interesting positions around the map (one guy on top of a tower in a chair, holding a gun), or a couple in a house, embracing. Or interesting pre-comet ruins.

Now this stuff is not Witcher/PS:T level story-telling, but it's not supposed to be. It's just out of the way stuff you find while exploring a huge map in between doing the actual quests.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
KPa2iH3.jpg

Wait...
as soon as you restart and go melee.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom