Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
My first impressions of the tokens GUI was :abyssgazer:but seeing more of it and in action now, it looks like pure incline. I'm insanely hyped for this because I need something like ToEE again.

biggestboss

Liturgist
Why does this look visually worse than the first game?

Not even the circles for characters, but the menus and fonts are lacking all of the charm and cohesion of KotC 1. It looks like a Newgrounds game.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Is he eccentric? Or did he have good reason to reject GoG? I only read page 1 and page 31. I am not convinced with the lols he is nuts/stupid bandwagon. I think he may have had good reason. And I think he should pretty things up a bit and kickstart it. People will back it. You have to speculate to accumulate and I think he should contract some arts person to jazz up the graphics and it will pay back far more.

p.s. For what its worth, I emailed this guy a year or two ago with a suggestion and he seemed interested in it and communicative about it. I don't know if he did it but he seemed cool.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Is he eccentric? Or did he have good reason to reject GoG? I only read page 1 and page 31. I am not convinced with the lols he is nuts/stupid bandwagon. I think he may have had good reason. And I think he should pretty things up a bit and kickstart it. People will back it. You have to speculate to accumulate and I think he should contract some arts person to jazz up the graphics and it will pay back far more.

p.s. For what its worth, I emailed this guy a year or two ago with a suggestion and he seemed interested in it and communicative about it. I don't know if he did it but he seemed cool.

Turned them down because they didn't accept his request to put his rts on gog in addition to KotC.

Ninjerk

Arcane
That's putting it mildly, IIRC. Didn't he have a meltdown about their refusal to see his genius?

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
No. There were a few iffy reasons but no melt down. We were left with the conclusion that he simply doesn't like money (thus the thread title change).

1) He thought he would make more money selling it on his site for the time being.

2) He expected them to sell his RTS in order for him to consider putting KoTC up on GoG. When they refused he decided they were acting in bad faith.

TigerKnee

Arcane
I remember when no one cared about his RTS but some guy took pity on him and made like the only post in his RTS subforum at the time (it might be different now) and he was parading all through the streets going "YES ALL THAT TIME WASTED IS JUSTIFIED BECAUSE A SINGLE PERSON ENJOYED IT"

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I remember when no one cared about his RTS but some guy took pity on him and made like the only post in his RTS subforum at the time (it might be different now) and he was parading all through the streets going "YES ALL THAT TIME WASTED IS JUSTIFIED BECAUSE A SINGLE PERSON ENJOYED IT"
By now there are five topics (two by himself)!

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
It may be for bad reasons but I have to say I highly respect him for ultimately selling his game at (fair) full price to players who really will play the game instead of selling at $2 in sales to players who'll buy basically anything discounted and will probably never play the game or would hate it anyway.

getter77

Augur
The, uh, timeline he posted strikes me as quite likely tongue in cheek all things considered---likely beget from the many, many times folks ask him for info outside of the meatier updates as they happen. I suppose he might try for KS, though trying to peer even a year or so in the future on something like that given the volatility of the times would be at least a bit presumptive given the Patreon applecart was very nearly upturned over nothing just a scant while ago which would've had massive reverberations.

Things may be progressing in an order unto themselves, but they have been semi-steadily progressing all the while despite his various bouts with hopping to different countries that must put a crimp on things---Pierre is still Pierre, so I don't think there's quite cause for the klaxon as if he's gone full Wolf Mittag and lost himself to exotic wanderlust.

draylyn

Novice
looking good i for one love the feel and i worked with SSI and black isle and others id be very happy to pitch in any way i can not a hard core coder but with module and playtesting de bugging whatever i really like the board game look/feel and some of the old school hard core pen and paper feel to it

Murk

Arcane
obligatory repost of said genius RTS, complete with scroll bars:

It is mind boggling how the UI has degenerated since the first game.

Murk

Arcane
I dunno why you would. The video, which is hosted on Bogue's own channel I think, shows nothing but spamming the same unit over and over. Might as well just play dune 2000 or C&C.

Dumbfuck
I dunno why you would. The video, which is hosted on Bogue's own channel I think, shows nothing but spamming the same unit over and over. Might as well just play dune 2000 or C&C.

Curiosity more than anything else. Discovering games that only a handful of people have ever played feels like you are discovering something, even though you are mostly just discovering why it didn't sell well lol.

Revenant

Also the soundtrack is pretty amazing. I wonder if Begue composed it himself.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
BoTS was a project to prove out the AI improvements he is making for KoTC2. He wanted greater adaptability and teamwork and needed some meaningful scenario.

BoTS was born and the paradox came to be, positioning KoTC for what seems to us to be lower sales totals and yet trying to monetize his AI experiment.

Someone asked if he is eccentric. Yes he is.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

I've played it (don't remember if I bought it or if it was just a demo) but yes, that's literally true. he spent all that time and effort to make a RTS where you only have one unit. One of the selling points, actually, was that maybe in later levels the ENEMY would get to use some other units against you. :lol:

I think BotS would have been a nice indie hit if he had done for RTSs what KotC did for RPGs. 3 factions with unique units, superweapons, etc. Not a lot of RTS games out there, let alone c&c clones.

Begue is pretty much the Prosper of video game design.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Prosper would never in a million years achieve something of the quality of Knights of the Chalice. Pierre is something alright, but Prosper it ain't.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
What the fuck is wrong with his new game? The first Knights of the Chalice looked great, old-school but with decent enough art. The new game looks like a fucking tabletop simulator. If he's so lazy he should just recycle the graphics from the first game instead of making shitty tokens on a board.

Mustawd

http://www.heroicfantasygames.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=213&start=250#p4905

Hello everyone, thank you so much for your support. When I read about how interested people are in KotC 2, it inspires me to make a really great game!

Time flies. I might launch the Kickstarter in November this year. It depends on how fast I can finish the AI and make a nice polished demo.

I've already worked on AI for around 5 weeks nonstop and I expect that it will require an additional two or three months. It takes a lot of time to do the required testing and fix bugs and make sure that the AI plays well in all situations.

Take care and stay tuned!
icon_e_smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

almondblight

Arcane
New update is up. Lots of interesting stuff, including this:

* Cryptography: I've added to the game a decoding interface used to decipher secret messages. Please see the screenshot below, click to enlarge and try to decipher the message
icon_e_wink.gif
. I think that this new interface can be very entertaining and it's a nice way of avoiding any excessive focus on fighting. For module creators, it's really easy to create a secret message in the editor.

245.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom