Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter The Legends of Eisenwald Thread

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If I buy this in the bundle do I get to pirate Vikings without having to feel guilty?
No.
tenor.gif

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Any chance there are some hidden scenarios out there not featured on Steam Workshop?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Finished Blood of November this week. It was okay, but mostly just a time sink tbh.

I liked the jabs at the US election (some certainly creative) and some of the earlier parts with the big map lawnmowing and stuff, but it really dragged later. The campaign time limit in particular is way too generous - I spent the entire last month just idling in the middle of the map on fast-forward and smacking down the odd respawned raubritter who'd snatch a castle away from me because I'd already done everything there was to do.

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
News are coming as soon as we have a build that will allow us to make a video. It's almost there, but quite a few pieces look rather unpolished, so it might take a while.

A new addon will be coming within a month or two. It's 90% done, we will be starting translation soon and its speed will pretty much determine the release date.

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
March is up and translation is not ready yet for the addon unfortunately. The writer we used to work with didn't have time to work on editing/translation and we had to look for someone new. Don't be scared, but the team of German translators is making both German and English translation :) It should be good, their leader wrote a few books in English so that's not so much of a stupid move on our part.

As for Good Knight, work is a bit slower. We have a playable build now but with no SFX and with a lot of visual glitches, with some missing UI functionality.

The addon will definitely come out in April, Good Knight - can't tell now, another month or two.

Erikolaz

Educated
This game went under my radar for such a long time. Now I'm enjoying it immensely.
- Challenging HOMM-inspired strategic gameplay
- Cleverly written storyline with unpredictable twists and turns, and different outcomes
- RPG elements, with interesting ideological and political factions for you to choose between in most maps
- Abundant amounts of lore that you're rewarded for paying attention to (leads to secrets and better quest outcomes, plus some relevance to main plot)
- Several huge maps filled with impressive amount of content for you to discover -- the game never seems to end
- Mostly authentic European setting (like Kingdom Come but with supernatural elements)
- Might get in trouble for some of the content if it was a higher profile game (realistic portrayal of races and genders)
- Dialogue like this:

1_Capture.jpg

Last edited:

Erikolaz

Educated
Finished the official campaign as a Knight on the Vengeance path. Next time I'll go for a Mystic on the Chancellor path.

I have a few questions. Most of them were addressed in the game, but I can't recall all the details. :mad:

1) If I understood correctly: Leonard von Lahnstein was the one who cockblocked Zmiter by setting the cathedral ablaze. Nicholas/Seidlitz volunteered to take the fall for it, and so with Werner's help the blame (and Zmiter's "curse") was placed on Nicholas. In that case, what was Zmiter's motivation for helping the protagonist? We're the son of the guy who fucked him over and avoided taking responsibility for it. Shouldn't Zmiter hate us?

2) What was the meaning of the white feather having a black stripe?

3) I think I read that the black kite was the sister of the white swallow (or was it a swan...), but did we see the black kite in human form at any point? Did it have a human identity at all?

4) What was Prior Moritz referring to when he said that he saw a goldsmith from Mainz create a siege weapon for human minds, that conquered every city in every country? I figure this is probably a more cryptic thing which wasn't explained.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
did we see the black kite in human form at any point?

Yep, it's Milvinus the pale totally-not-evil-sorcerer-looking guy.

He has a p. cool final battle too.

What was Prior Moritz referring to when he said that he saw a goldsmith from Mainz create a siege weapon for human minds, that conquered every city in every country? I figure this is probably a more cryptic thing which wasn't explained.

Gutenberg and the printing press.

Erikolaz

Educated
Yep, it's Milvinus the pale totally-not-evil-sorcerer-looking guy.

Aha, makes sense. Barely got to interact with him on the Executioner path.

Gutenberg and the printing press.

That explains it, thanks. For some reason I expected it to be something nefarious.

How about Zmiter's motivation for helping us though?

:rpgcodex:

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom