Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum Tarant - Caladon negotiations

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Sooo has anyone did all the lobbyists and screwed Tarant? Curious if you can really fuck them hard. Killing Bates,getting them in a war and some other things. Has anyone tried it?

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
No, didn't want to be confronted with lacking c&c.

SafeSpace_LGBTQ_color_nounit%20webffeature_0.png

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
If you kill him the Economy is going down, but you only read it in the credits, I think ... or there was a tag called "Murderer of Gilbert Bates" which meant, that everyone hates you (or the city guard attacks you). I'm not sure about the second part, but it does influence the ending.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I am curious what happens if you screw the negotiations in favour of the lobbyists and all the other screwing. And yeah there was a ending where you kill the gnome fag. Also there was ending if you expose him as a plagiarist.

V_K

Arcane
IIRC, the outcome of the war depends on whether you helped some guys in Caladon with the plane technology or something. Don't remember much about what I did in the negotiations, except the guy who gave the quest was pissed ;)

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
IIRC, the outcome of the war depends on whether you helped some guys in Caladon with the plane technology or something. Don't remember much about what I did in the negotiations, except the guy who gave the quest was pissed ;)
You can put them in war with Caladon? I was talking about a war with Cumbria,the kingdom that doesn't allow technology south of Tarant.

V_K

Arcane
Yes, IIRC, in the ending slides, if you fail the negotiations, Tarant and Caladon will go to war, and if Caladon has the tech, it wins.

Fake UPD. See here: http://arcanum.wikia.com/wiki/Endings
Because of your mediocre performance in the negotiations for Caladon's membership into the Unified Kingdom, there is war after only a few years. After many wars, there is no clear winner. [Don't perform well in the negotiations.]
Because of your mediocre performance in the negotiations for Caladon's membership into the Unified Kingdom, in a few years there is war. However, because you helped Hieronymous Maxim, he is able to build an armada of airships, and Caladon wins the war. [Don't perform well in the negotiations; deliver the camera from the Zephyr's crash site to Hieronymous Maxim.]

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Has anyone tried killing everyone in Tarant,does it effect the ending?

It doesn't, sadly. One thing I like about Fallout 2 is the ending slides for Vault City, New Reno and the Shi depicting how you butchered the lot of em. Of course, it doesn't apply in regards to the other settlements, but it's a nice start. Games *should* acknowledge your genocidal achievements, it's always nice to get a little nod at the end for a job well done.

Arcanum appears to take a different approach where cities and states are assumed to be too large for you to singlehandedly destroy or something, even if you clear the entire maps. At most you affect things by killing powerful individuals like Bates, Loghaire and Praetor, which then sends their respective societies into chaos. Personally, I think it's a shame and a missed opportunity. Besides, you can wipe out Stillwater in the game, so it's not even consistent.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Has anyone tried killing everyone in Tarant,does it effect the ending?

It doesn't, sadly. One thing I like about Fallout 2 is the ending slides for Vault City, New Reno and the Shi depicting how you butchered the lot of em. Of course, it doesn't apply in regards to the other settlements, but it's a nice start. Games *should* acknowledge your genocidal achievements, it's always nice to get a little nod at the end for a job well done.

Arcanum appears to take a different approach where cities and states are assumed to be too large for you to singlehandedly destroy or something, even if you clear the entire maps. At most you affect things by killing powerful individuals like Bates, Loghaire and Praetor, which then sends their respective societies into chaos. Personally, I think it's a shame and a missed opportunity. Besides, you can wipe out Stillwater in the game, so it's not even consistent.
If someone wipes out London or Berlin that will have pretty big impact on their country and the EU as a whole. It is real shame that there are not enough endings ;( .

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
Real shame, always have to click through the credits to get some damn closure +M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom