Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Legacy BioWare DLC bundles now available on Origin

Will ye buy?

• Nay, I'm afraid of large breasted stronk womyn

• Nay, I don't buy in Origin out of principle

• Nay, I don't buy BioWare's crap out of principle

• YES!!!1! Faster pussycat KILL! KILL! (kingcomrade)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Parsifarka

Arcane
Finally, it's here: the Dragon Age II DLCs are bundled up for just 24,99EUR. Including the three expansion packs The Exiled Prince, Legacy and Mark of the Assassin, plus a shitload of items which will make the game closer to the original aim of the press button for the awesome design philosophy.
:takemymoney:
After years yearning for the chance to reward the developers for this lovingly crafted content which elevates an already outstanding game unto the golden pages of the RPG Codex, the opportunity is here. No more Bioware points bullshit.
I'll just complain that the Christmas discount is not applied to it.

As the last thread I could find about the best western AAA, unashamedly explotaitive ARPG in recent times is some years old, I thought a new thread spreading the good news was in order rather than necroing.
Feel free to express your content.:dance:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Cael

Arcane
Making recycled crap cheaper is good news? Well, hold the presses! Let's lower the price of cigarettes!!

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Good move. Bioware points shenanigans should've been phased out years ago.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Played around with this for a couple of hours.

The DLC store pages for ME2-3 and DA1-2 on BSN are gone now.

However, any DLC you bought there is still available in each game's "Extra Content" tab on Origin.

In addition to DLC, these games also had "Rewards", which were unlockable items that you could get by participating in various promotions.

On Origin, the DLC and Reward items are all grouped together under Extra Content, but you can still see the original division on the Dragon Age Keep and Mass Effect Archives sites, under "Career".

For me at least, the Dragon Age Keep site is synced with my Origin profile and shows all the DLC and Rewards I own, but the Mass Effect Archives isn't. You can add stuff there manually, but it's just for vanity, it doesn't actually give you anything.

You can apparently still buy DLC you don't have on Origin using the BioWare Points method, in the Extra Content tab. Many of the unlockable Rewards are available for free there as well.

Protip: If you happen to have bought any of these games on Steam when they were on sale, you should redeem their CD key on Origin, even if you already own them there. It might unlock DLC and Rewards you didn't know you had.

ME1 is a different story - because it's so old, its DLC was never properly integrated into Origin. I think the base download includes both of the DLCs though.

Terra

Cipher
Might be worth getting the ME packs when they reach a steep, steep discount, so probably in exactly one year's time knowing EA. I guess sales for the individual dlcs and games have finally dried up sufficiently if they've decided to deign to bundling the dlcs like people asked them to do for years. I'd rather sever my cock than give these chucklefucks a single penny for anything relating to DA2 though.

Cael

Arcane
What is the point of buying the DLCs when you never had the game they are attached to?

Turjan

Arcane
Heh. That's funny. I was actually looking at Origin after Christmas and found it weird that all the ME2 DLC's still had their Bioware point system and were ridiculously expensive. It's good to know that they are now still ridiculously expensive, but slightly less so.

The free extra content has been available on Origin for years though. Some of this is actually part of the new DLC bundle, so they may not give it to new buyers anymore. I find it funny that Bioware points are still alive in the "Extra Content" tab.

Last edited:

Turjan

Arcane
Protip: If you happen to have bought any of these games on Steam when they were on sale, you should redeem their CD key on Origin, even if you already own them there. It might unlock Rewards you didn't know you had.

ME1 is a different story - because it's so old, its DLC was never properly integrated into Origin. I think the base download includes both of the DLCs though.
I never managed to register my Mass Effect (1) Steam copy there.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Protip: If you happen to have bought any of these games on Steam when they were on sale, you should redeem their CD key on Origin, even if you already own them there. It might unlock Rewards you didn't know you had.

Yeah, also because it's old I guess (predates BioWare's acquisition by EA). But if you contact support they might add it for you.

Lazing Dirk

Arcane
I read the OP and threw up in my mouth a little. Thankfully it's new year's eve so I have plenty of booze around to wash out the taste before it's party time, woohoo!

Haha, just kidding, I'm gonna be playing computer games and watching netflix by myself.

Turjan

Arcane

Yeah, also because it's old I guess (predates BioWare's acquisition by EA). But if you contact support they might add it for you.
That worked without problems.

Self-Ejected

c2007

Self-Ejected
Instead of shutting down BioWare Montreal, they should have made them remaster ME 1-3 for the new generations... it might sell more than Andromeda did.
No, thank you. It's sales would be shit (damage to brand is well since done), and the FB2 gameplay might be OK for the SP, but the multiplayer implementation is a joke. That is on the defunct studio, a good part of the reason they were disbanded I'd imagine.

The UE3 versions have equally good graphics, and their facial animations are substantially better, so honestly why the fuck would you want this?

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
LOL, you're talking as if they would actually change engines for a remaster...

Just add some HD textures & better lights, improve load times and bundle all games plus DLCs together. Like every goddamn remaster we got this generation.

Self-Ejected

c2007

Self-Ejected
LOL, you're talking as if they would actually change engines for a remaster...

Just add some HD textures & better lights, improve load times and bundle all games plus DLCs together. Like every goddamn remaster we got this generation.
Ok. It won't happen, but it is a nice dream.

I still think having the Montreal Morons redo anything is a recipe for disaster, so YMMV and be careful what you wish for.

Vorark

Erudite
Instead of shutting down BioWare Montreal, they should have made them remaster ME 1-3 for the new generations... it might sell more than Andromeda did.

Maybe they expected Andromeda to be a hit/have good enough sale numbers and then port the trilogy to the newer consoles.

DemonKing

Arcane
EA are having a laugh - in my country for the original DA:Origins it says $35 for the DLC bundle but $15 for the Ultimate edition of the game which includes everything + the expansion pack...

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
:necro:

Hello,

We’re reaching out to let you know that starting October 11, 2022, BioWare Points will no longer be available as a form of currency in the Origin store. Other currencies like Crystals and Platinum in other BioWare titles remain unaffected.

To support you through this change, most DLC (downloadable content) that was previously only purchasable with BioWare Points are now available free of charge. This includes DLC for the following titles:

Dragon Age II
Dragon Age: Origins
Mass Effect 2
Mass Effect 3 (except Multiplayer Packs)
For the next 90 days, you can use your BioWare Points to purchase Multiplayer Packs for Mass Effect 3. After October 11, 2022, Multiplayer Packs will only be redeemable using Credits you’ve earned in-game.

Don’t worry — you’ll still have access to any content previously purchased using BioWare Points.

We’re here to support you if you have any questions on this, just reach out to EA Help.

Happy gaming,
The EA team

:thumbsup:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom