Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Most evil/cruel things you can do in an RPG?

mbv123

Arbiter
what are some of the evil shit that you can do?
bonus points for something that's creative and not "hurr, i murder everyone because i'm evil and edgy" tier
I think Fallout: New Vegas had some solid choices
  • enslaving Arcade to Legion
  • feeding your companion to cannibals
  • finding a slave girl's teddy bear and ripping it in half in front of her
  • tricking a girl into running straight into an artillery barrage
Or my favorite
  • letting House out of his life support pod then putting him back in like nothing ever happened

Deleted member 7219

There plenty of psychopathic moments in BioWare and Obsidian games that raise a chuckle, but the ones I really like are where making an evil choice can turn a party member against you.

There's a couple of moments in Jade Empire where the evil choice will either make some party members attack you, or permanently leave the party out of disgust. These are some nice moments of actual consequence in a BioWare game. BioWare often leaves such things for ending slides.

Keeping the water dragon enslaved, and binding Death's Hand to your will. Skill checks come into play here, and if your party members don't like you/fear you, you will need to kill them. I think the old man (was Kang his name?) leaves after the binding of Death's Hand. Allowing Ya Zhen to possess the little girl does raise some questions but I believe your party don't really know what has happened.

Of course there's the classic KOTOR moment of:

Making Zaalbar kill Mission.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
hA0zhFK.png

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I think arguably one of few notable cases of this in Tyranny is the ability to
straight up kill a baby in its crib if you can't find an alternate solution to the quest at hand.
Ice cold.

Cael

Arcane
what are some of the evil shit that you can do?
bonus points for something that's creative and not "hurr, i murder everyone because i'm evil and edgy" tier
I think Fallout: New Vegas had some solid choices
  • enslaving Arcade to Legion
  • feeding your companion to cannibals
  • finding a slave girl's teddy bear and ripping it in half in front of her
  • tricking a girl into running straight into an artillery barrage
Or my favorite
  • letting House out of his life support pod then putting him back in like nothing ever happened
Umm... Fallout 2 did a lot of those things and more long before the walking sims came out.

Examples:
1. In the very first town, you can help rustle a retard's cattle and cause him to be yelled at by his mother so that he runs away into a canyon and is trapped by a psycho robot. If you don't rescue him, it can be reliably said that he dies of starvation or worse.
2. You can straight up shoot said rustlers in the face in their shop and no one would blink an eye (close the door first or it gets messy fast).
3. In the Den (second town, usually), you can become a slaver and sell your companion(s) into slavery, join slave raids and the like.
4. Similar to the first town, you can outright shoot both shopkeepers in the face in the Den and no one blinks an eye. In fact, one of them gives positive karma when offed.
5. You can betray Lara and her gang by informing Tyler that she is going to raid the church, resulting in her running straight into an ambush.
6. In Redding, you can supply a prostitute with drugs and she eventually ODs.
7. In Madoc, you can have sex with both brother and sister, get into a shotgun wedding, sell your spouse into slavery or prostitution, come back and tell the father (who forced you into the shotgun wedding) and he dies of a heart attack from the news. Getting said spouse killed or killing him/her yourself also works.
8. Cause a nuclear reactor to meltdown, and consequently having to kill a bunch of ghouls in Gecko if you just follow the main quest and do as the racist bitch asked. Find the third option.
9. Blow up a mine at the behest of racists and kill most of the supermutants in Broken Hill.
10. Tear up Curtis' doll in front of him for the giggles.
11. Assassinate two different people at the behest of Bishop. In fact, just assassinations in general in New Reno. Everyone wants to kill everyone there.
12. Murder the innocent deathclaw in Navarro at the behest of the Nazi scientist. And if you don't kill the scientist, he sends his report and results in everyone, deathclaw or otherwise, in Vault 13 getting massacred (RP patch fixes the bug so that killing the scientist stops that from happening).
13. Getting that little shit Myron to follow you, send him down the hole in Golgotha where Pretty Boy Llyod has his stash, and covering up the grave. Yup, you just buried the little bastard alive. Congrats. You gained 100000000 karma.

The list goes on and on and on.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Serpent in the Staglands lets you dominate NPCs, sell them into slavery, make contracts with imps to drain their life force, not to mention my favourite, sacrifice them to solve dungeon puzzles. You can also eat little pixie fairies to absorb their magic power and bro up with a genocidal vampiric demigod. Lovely game, can't recommend it enough.

Cael

Arcane
Work for the Kuejin in Bloodlines. Traitor to your entire species for the win!
I don't know, man. It isn't as it you asked to be part of the species. It is like a Jew forced to be a Nazi betraying Hitler :D

Trashos

Arcane
My favorite FO2 evil moment is when, in order to murder Carlson, you can plant explosives in Carlson's kid and send it to his father.

The most disturbing RPG moment evah for me was in AoD. Miltiades, with your help, murders Lord Varus' family. He then whispers something into dying Lord Varus' ear, and has Varus sign a piece of paper that allows Miltiades to replace him after his death. Miltiades wiped a whole bloodline out of history, and he did it with their cooperation.

In MOTB;
You can attempt to devour the Founder. This attempt to devour soul is perhaps the only time that your curse/Akachi resists. IF you previously devoured Myrkul, you can suceed in devouring the Founder, overriding his resistance. So the bitch who cursed you with her lover's hunger is devoured by said lover.
Considering the backstory of Motb, this option is evil yet satisfying.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom