Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder: Kingmaker Codex Quest Ideas

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Back in July the Codex raised $4000 for the Pathfinder: Kingmaker crowdfunding campaign, allowing us to create a quest in the game. Owlcat are working fast and they already want our quest idea. Unlike some previous games we've backed I don't have anything in mind so let's hear your ideas. Here's the email I got from their lead narrative designer, Alexander Komzolov:

First of all, please, let me once again thank you on behalf of our team for supporting us. We are doing our best to make this game a marvel to behold, putting as much effort as we can to perfect it. I’d like to thank you personally for allowing us this chance and hope to not let you, or any other of our backers down.

I’m looking forward to working with you on the quest for our game. Would you, please, share with us what you have in mind so we could start from there.

We don’t have a strict deadline for this quest. However we’d appreciate if you could share your ideas with us in December. This way we’d have more time to polish the details.

By the way, if you are still unsure about the quest, I may suggest a few areas to place it. (no pressure here)

We have a spare area for Chapter 1 by the name ‘Fairy Glade’. Something about fairies playing pranks on the player - including the event from the actual module. This area is large enough to hold a substantial side quest.

Other semi-spare area(s) are the city of Pitax, and the warcamps from the AP’s Chapter 5 - like Tusker Riders, Littletown and Pitax Horde.

Again, we wouldn’t mind if you pick something else entirely – I’ll make sure we fit your quest into our current areas. We don’t want limit your ideas.

I don't think it has to be super-detailed, just the basic framework of an idea. But obviously it'll help if you're familiar with Pathfinder and with the original Kingmaker pen-and-paper module (Grunker?).

You can read about the Kingmaker module here: https://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Kingmaker_(adventure_path)

Last edited:

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Something fun and completely different, striking. Something involving an albino transsexual dwarf troll, who works in a circus as a clown and falls in love with a goat.

My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I like circuses, dogs, titties, & bad dialogue. So I propose we do a quest about a talking dog (it should have dialogue written like it came from some Ruski shovelware) at a circus that claims to be a polymorphed guy, he wants you to reverse it by taking out the hot big bosomed lady who did it to him. You can fight her, seduce her , or defeat her in a philosophical debate (the most codexian of options) to find out he's just a dumb fucking talking dog and nothing more.

jungl

Augur
a high born aristocrat you meet in a tavern who speaks odd asks you to find him a donkey who kicked mud on his clothes. You find the donkey and fulfill the quest, then you get a random encounter in a swamp where a ogre tells you that donkey was his friend and asks your help in saving him and the noble is apparently a red dragon. You can turn down his offer or kill the ogre but it will be the hardest encounter in the game. The quest leads you to the dragons lair where the ogre helps you beat the dragon and you save a princess. If its night time there is no princess but a female ogre instead.

ColCol

Arcane
You come to a town and find the townsfolk (holding pitchforks/torches) surrounding an old building. The townsfolk tell you that some undead monstrosities have broken into the building for an unknown purpose. You travel into the building and find a bunch of undead but sentient adventurers. They have traveled into a dangerous "city of the Living" in order to retrieve the (sentient) skull of a lost party member. The quest is to decide what to do with the party of undead adventurers.

archaen

Cipher
Patron
I'm sure comcast will try to sue over that
As long as the names aren't the same and graphics aren' too similar, I think they would be in the clear. I believe there is a red Dragon in the adventure path...

deuxhero

Arcane
You meet a necromancer from Geb named Brent O'Stell. He is seeking the corpse of an famous artist to animate and wants the player to dig them up for him. Brent is well aware the corpse will have no artistic ability but just wants to exploit the name to get rich idiots to buy a few works before people realize they're crap.

Brent tries to claim he was an important member of a now defunct group in Geb. Under pressure Brent admits he was just a low ranking guy who had no part in the acts that made them famous.

Last edited:

deuxhero

Arcane
As for locations to place something, if the quest starts with or involves finding a piece of loot (The Ring) and you want it early, but not too early, in the game I recommend the Stag King's stash. He's the first major boss of the module (1/6th of the way through with the stretch goal) and a bandit lord so he can have all kinds of things looted.

Oh! How about an intelligent magic ring?

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Fucking decline. These cucks and autists designing a quest built around taking it up the ass from Fargo and going back for more? No thanks.

Xzar

Augur
You find ambitious enterpreneur (Bob Guccione/younger Donald Trump likeness) and proceed to create beauty pageant with him. Miss "name of continent or planet of this setting" - current year of setting. Fairies help you along the road. Your task is to bring one prettiest girl from all cities/towns in the game (should be no less than 7, if there are less towns then two/three girls from each one). Obviously, not every pretty girl is gonna be willing to join such affair, so you must either convince or kidnap her, depending on alignment. You have to fight off local feminists and moralists along the way. Girl who wins the pageant (you can only influence the result, but it should not be solely your decision) becomes your party companion.

imweasel

It should have an RPG codex theme: You stumble upon prestigious red trolls with monocles :obviously: that withstand the forces of decline and faggotry evil. They give you an epic quest to

Find Arch Magister Blakemore's grimoire

which is a legendary item that grants the user a special ability.

archaen

Cipher
Patron
It should have an RPG codex theme: You stumble upon prestigious red trolls with monocles :obviously: that withstand the forces of decline and faggotry evil. They give you an epic quest to

Find Arch Magister Blakemore's grimoire

which is a legendary item that grants the user a special ability.
Summoning a golden cherub outsider, that if used too much causes a baby jabberwocky named Prosper to appear and attack you.

Filthy Sauce

Arbiter
A village wizard creates an iron golem... And infuses it with a powerful force field for added protection. The golem is then sent into a nearby ruin to retrieve a mcguffin. It is then attacked and absorbed by a gelatnis cube. Since cubes can't eat armor, the golem is safe, but the arcane force field enchantment morphs- trapping the cube around the golem. The golem, more powerful than the cube, can still move and operate normally... It then goes apeshit... So... Like... there's a rampaging gelatin cube encased golem...

You know what... I don't know where I'm going with this. Let's just make a basic quest about a confused farm boy wanting to be a woman.

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
You could do something like have a bibliophile who was chased out of Brevoy show up at Oleg's trading post in act 1. This character could be very opinionated and rave about a masterpiece from the past. In the hopes of finding something new to match his remembered masterpiece he would send the party on fetch quests for promising new works. When you deliver these new books to the man he rants about the decline, and is only finally satisfied when you give him a copy of the work he was praising in the first place.

Neanderthal

Arcane
Channeling MCA:

A madman(/woman?) is dragged before you in chains, he was arrested in the street berating passers by, stealing brazenly, spitting and defecating where he wished. He is dressed in rags of once great finery that rot on his limbs. His hair and beard are long and crusted with dirt, old food and flecks of spittle. The eyes that look out from this wild tangle are however lively and intelligent at times, before quickly becoming glittering gems of hatred and ire, and then cruel, mocking and full of infinite jest.

Your seneschal raps his staff of office upon the ground and loudly proclaims. "How do you plead wretch?"

He looks around alternatrely sneering in disdain, laughing in derision, fuming in silent rage and roaring at his captors in apoplectic fury. At last he seems to hear the words spoken to him and begins to laugh in earnest.

"You judge us?" His laughter grows as he forces out these words, and he falls to the floor convulsing in mirth. The court watch in confusion, murmuring and tittering, then he springs to his feet with a feral grace, throwing off both the chains that bound him and all the rags that hid his form but for a soiled loincloth.

What is revealed transfixes the whole court in horrified fascination, over his body entire writhe words, phrases, sentences, paragraphs and great walls of texts that twist, change and scroll in some strange chaotic pattern that you cannot fathom. Among them are strange illustrations where blood red devils flicker and frolic, and other strange images lash into being before being drowned in the deluge of invective.

"No!" He proclaims, head thrown back, chin lifted in prideful pomposity. "We are the living Codex, and we come to judge you who would be king of this land. Act now and know that you are watched!"

1. Roll your eyes and wave the idiot off to the dengeons to bide a spell. The madman seems quite happy down in the fetid darkness and forgets all about you and his judgement.
2. Execute the lunatic. He smiles and nods in approval all the way to the headsmans axe, after being lifted to show the crowd, the madmans severed head comes baxk to life and roars out. "Hail to the king."
3. Speak with the madman, try and decipher some of the screed that illustrates his flesh. You are rocked to your core by the flood of foul knowledge and secres that the fiend whispers to you, you gain 1-6 scribed spells (d6) of level 1-6 (d6,) you gain 1 proficiency point in a chosen skill and +2 intelligence. This comes at a cost to your sanity however and you lose 1 point of wisdom.
4. Set the madman free, proclaiming that yours will be a land of fairness and tolerance. The madman spits one word at you, "weakling!" and stalks from your halls. In the following days you lose a point of charisma as the lunatics ranting against your rule spreads over the land.

Etc.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom