Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Civilization VI - Now available, so you can sink all your free time into it

Dzupakazul

Arbiter
Fuck this shit, I reinstalled Civ 4 Complete off GOG instead, but neither the BAT mod or the official BTS 3.19 patch seems to recognise the installation?
Try this: go to Steam Library -> rightclick on your Civilization 4: Beyond the Sword -> Properties -> Betas -> opt into original_release_unsupported. You lose the integration with Steamworks and thus whatever online play the Steam servers offer (haven't tried it ever, only DirectIP and old Gamespy servers), but all mods (the BAT and BUG family, but also total conversions like A New Dawn or Caveman2Cosmos) should work.

After that let's launch a Codexian Succession Game on Emperor/Immortal.

Dzupakazul

Arbiter
GOG not Steam, but thanks for the tip nevertheless
Oh, me dumb, sorry. In that case, try reinstalling the mod and specifying the installation path to be right in the folder where you'd installed your GOG game - I think that the "default" installation path that the mod offers might not understand where the game should be going. The path should be \Civilization IV Complete\Civ4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\. And make sure you actually put it in the BtS folder and not Civ4, I don't think there's many mods that work on vanilla Civ4.

As for patch 3.19 - this is weird, because GOG version of 4 should instantly come with 3.19 anyway, GoG versions of games usually come with all patches pre-installed; you sure you actually need it?

Dzupakazul

Arbiter
Oh, and Tigranes, if you've been installing your mods into the default C:\My Games\Mods trajectory that most BtS mods want to be installed in, and your user name has any foreign signs (all sorts of umlauts and other accents) that aren't characteristic of the English keyboard, mods won't work if they're installed into that folder, you need to put them in a manually made Mods folder into where your BtS is installed.

Tigranes

Arcane
Thanks Dzupakazul . Yeah, I was just trying the patch just in case, because BAT executable couldn't locate the game. I thought it might be the directory confusion, so I tried reinstalling in GOG's default (although that is C:\Games\).

BAT still can't seem to detect the game though... but, uh, you can still install the mod anyway, just had to fix the shortcuts. :MGuess I just had to ignore all the errors. Gracias amigo

They are actively trying to make the game worse, aren't they?
No it's worse. They honestly believe adding more fat queens will make the game better!
:prosper::prosper::prosper::prosper::prosper::prosper::prosper::prosper::prosper::incloosive:

Feminist thought on this matter seems to have come to the conclusion that women are unable to play games that feature women more pretty than they themselves are. Have to chase after the unicorn that is female gamers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom