Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Ent

Savant
The might rework actually did kill one of my characters and it has sadly become a bad combo. The helwalker monk gets a metric shit ton of might from taking wounds but is really squishy as the wounds build up - I used a moon godlike Helwalker/Cleric that dealt loads of damage and then transitioned to crazy burst healing with like 40+ might as his wounds stacked up - it was pretty satisfying.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Can you make a retarded combo classes like thief/barbarian ?
>thief/barbarian
>retarded

conan-the-barbarian-film-characters-photo-1

Ruzen

Savant
Suddenly I imagined 25-30 years from now. Where the forum is going to discussing different multi-sex combos in RPGs. Imagine that.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
>thief/barbarian
>retarded

Uhhhh you do know that Barbarian is different thing in games right? Barbarians are people that don't speak Roman/Ancient Greek,in games they are buffed retards that run around naked and killing people.Rogues too are different from real life. In games they are dudes that have a lot of skills and sneak around stealing stuff,in reality are scum that beats the crap out of you and takes all your money because they don't have any other skills,often they even murder and rape people. In game logic a rogue barbarian is ridiculous opposites,unless you are arguing that this will be the most realistic rpg of all times.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
>thief/barbarian
>retarded

Uhhhh you do know that Barbarian is different thing in games right? Barbarians are people that don't speak Roman/Ancient Greek,in games they are buffed retards that run around naked and killing people.Rogues too are different from real life. In games they are dudes that have a lot of skills and sneak around stealing stuff,in reality are scum that beats the crap out of you and takes all your money because they don't have any other skills,often they even murder and rape people. In game logic a rogue barbarian is ridiculous opposites,unless you are arguing that this will be the most realistic rpg of all times.

That's Conan the barbarian, who was a big strong naked fighter and also a cunning sneaky thief. A fictional character, not a real person.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
>thief/barbarian
>retarded

That's Conan the barbarian, who was a big strong naked fighter and also a cunning sneaky thief. A fictional character, not a real person.
Good thing that we are talking about a game and not about shitty films from the 90s.

Sizzle

Arcane
Also, the 90's? Conan the Barbarian is from 1982.

Also, shitty? The first one is one of the best action movies of all time.

Just listen to this manly soundtrack:

Pure epic testosterone :obviously:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Hmmm 90s from what i know are the years from 81 till 90. Like the centuries,we live in 21st century yet it is not 21xx year.
Meh most action films are shitty,you can sit and watch it for a good laugh but it is pretty meaningful time waster.

Trashos

Arcane
AFAIK, people are saying single-class characters are very weak compared to multi-class, so the intention of them being more powerful in their chosen specialization doesn't seem to be true atm.

I will be very happy if that's the case in the final release. Sure, it's not ideal, but it will mean that true power comes from abilities and not from leveling up, which was the case in PoE1.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Nah, single-class characters being this weak compared to multi is lame, nobody would ever play single-class. The only potential benefit would be getting 9th level spells for the casters, so you'd have to be gimped for 90% of the game on the off-chance that you'll get something cool others don't in the last 10%. Depending on the speed of leveling.

Frusciante

Cipher
Project: Eternity
Nah, single-class characters being this weak compared to multi is lame, nobody would ever play single-class. The only potential benefit would be getting 9th level spells for the casters, so you'd have to be gimped for 90% of the game on the off-chance that you'll get something cool others don't in the last 10%. Depending on the speed of leveling.

This is not correct, all your spells will be cast at a higher power level throughout the game some they will be more powerful. So two benefits.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Being versatile and combining your abilities is more important than doing 30% more damage each spell, or whatever the benefits of a higher power level are. I don't know, though, someone in the beta has to say what the deal with that is.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Were multiclassed characters not also more powerful in AD&D? If not, or not as much as in PoE2, then why not? Off the top of my head I'd guess it's because of leveling speed (so once you reach a high enough level they're just as overpowered as in PoE2, it just takes more time to reach that stage)

Lacrymas

Arcane
Were multiclassed characters not also more powerful in AD&D? If not, or not as much as in PoE2, then why not? Off the top of my head I'd guess it's because of leveling speed (so once you reach a high enough level they're just as overpowered as in PoE2, it just takes more time to reach that stage)

Not really. It's more fair to say that Mages were overpowered and everything featuring them was broken by proxy. The only other overpowered combination was Ranger/Cleric and that's because it got both Cleric and full Druid spell lists, which was a bug AFAIK, while also having quite good melee potential due to the Ranger dual-wielding specialization.

Trashos

Arcane

Not really. It's more fair to say that Mages were overpowered and everything featuring them was broken by proxy. The only other overpowered combination was Ranger/Cleric and that's because it got both Cleric and full Druid spell lists, which was a bug AFAIK, while also having quite good melee potential due to the Ranger dual-wielding specialization.

Also, they leveled up very-very slowly, and their efficiency depended on the level cap. Dual-classes were the really OP stuff in Shadows of Amn. Multi-classes were OK once ToB was installed, but without it they were barely passable.

I don't remember multi-classes being OP in IWD, either. But I haven't played IWD that much.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Well, if you are advanced enough to solo some maps the leveling-up isn't a problem. That's what I'm doing on my latest playthrough of BG1 as a gnome Thief/Cleric, I'm currently at 6/6, haven't recruited anyone and have done like 6-7 maps total, haven't even gone to Nashkel yet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom