Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

ArchAngel

Arcane
Nice evil elf undead,would love to have her as a girlfriend.
Also there is a nigger,as long as he is not annoying diversity hire i don't mind it.
Unfortunately you are pretty annoying with always same posts in every topic. To bad I cannot just not buy the game you are in to get rid of you (ignore is not enough).

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
There is only one streamer right now:

https://www.twitch.tv/adamkoebel

A man rocking a beard & pink hair look, also wearing a lipstick.
He seems VERY excited about the game.

:bounce::bounce:

click the link.. see soyboy
first thing i hear out of his mouth
"there is a lot of text in this game... *soyboy whinging sounds* but it doesn't matter"
then I put my pinky on left ctrl and my index finger on f4

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Nice evil elf undead,would love to have her as a girlfriend.
Also there is a nigger,as long as he is not annoying diversity hire i don't mind it.
Unfortunately you are pretty annoying with always same posts in every topic. To bad I cannot just not buy the game you are in to get rid of you (ignore is not enough).
I love you too mate,merry Christmas to you too. May Santa brings you some Olay.
1.-Olay-White-Radiance-Brightening-Intensive-Cream-Moisturizer.jpg

On topic,i think that the game is looking promising and would love to buy it when it comes out on gog(if it is not shit).

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Huh. TIL
ctrl-f4 closes the tab
CTRL+W does the same...for firefox at least. Also CTRL+TAB changes tabs if you don't know,it is pretty useful.

Yep... it's odd how there are people here who can't into computer... I thought rpgcodex was for the hardcores!
It is not about "into computers" it is more about how people get used to something and don't care about new ways. There could be a lot more practical way to close a tabs and we don't know it because we are used to using CTRL+F4 ;). It is ok to not know computers and things. There is no need to be a wiz to enjoy a good rpg game. I am sure that Wayward Son knows shit that we don't,it is nature of life :) .

ArchAngel

Arcane
If this game is going to implement rules well enough I am sure to play a Druid. They are still broken in Pathfinder :)

sstacks

Arcane
I've got the alpha 2 version installed. It loads up and runs... more to come. I did take a quick look at character generation, it has an interesting layout.

In the meantime here's a quick screenie of the splash screen.

nyi5AoY.jpg

Above somebody comments they dont think the game will sell very well. I don't understand this honestly. Maybe I am totally wrong, but I am getting the feeling that this game will actually sell better than most are expecting and I would not be surprised if this turns out to be the best RPG released in the last decade or more. Maybe I am out of my mind, but I get a really good felling about this game and believe classic and well adapted D&D (and not streamlined action game shit with furries etc..) is totally undeserved market with much greater demand than most realize.

Also, the graphics in the game to me look fantastic, and only seem tangentially related to most Pathfinder art which is shitty anime based junk.

Last edited:

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Above somebody comments they dont think the game will sell very well. I don't understand this honestly. Maybe I am totally wrong, but I am getting the feeling that this game will actually sell better than most are expecting and I would not be surprised if this turns out to be the best RPG released in the last decade or more.
Define "better". If they don't fail the overall quality, their sale numbers will be similar to titles like DOS2, Tyranny, Wasteland 2 etc.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Above somebody comments they dont think the game will sell very well. I don't understand this honestly. Maybe I am totally wrong, but I am getting the feeling that this game will actually sell better than most are expecting and I would not be surprised if this turns out to be the best RPG released in the last decade or more.
Define "better". If they don't fail the overall quality, their sale numbers will be similar to titles like DOS2, Tyranny, Wasteland 2 etc.
DOS2 has noticeably better sale numbers than WL2 or Tyranny.

Norfleet

And I would argue that DOS2 is noticeably better than those two, so....

But far be it to argue that sale numbers necessarily reflect quality of game. We all know thinking like THAT leads to a bad place.

Irxy

Arcane
But far be it to argue that sale numbers necessarily reflect quality of game. We all know thinking like THAT leads to a bad place.
By quality I simply meant the amount of bugs and general impression, we all know how bad steam reviews can hurt early sales.

Theldaran

Liturgist
Well, making a far better game than PoE with a quarter of the money would be the pwning of the decade.

Maybe the game will be good but then it will be short. You can't win at everything.

Irxy

Arcane
Well, making a far better game than PoE with a quarter of the money would be the pwning of the decade.
Maybe the game will be good but then it will be short. You can't win at everything.
Not necessary, making a game in Russia is cheaper.
My biggest concerns are writing and overall design, they are typically shit in Russian games unless we are talking about experimental/art crap.

Theldaran

Liturgist
The story will probably suck big balls, though I don't even know if it's based around an actual Pathfinder supplement or not.

The writing can potentially be the most generic shit conceivable.

But hey, let's keep hoping, will we?

ArchAngel

Arcane
The story will probably suck big balls, though I don't even know if it's based around an actual Pathfinder supplement or not.

The writing can potentially be the most generic shit conceivable.

But hey, let's keep hoping, will we?
They said the main story and all the side quests from the supplement are going to be in the game. In addition to that they will be expanding quests and story as they see fit and adding more quests and characters as they think it is needed.
Also after the official supplement ends they will be adding additional content so your character can reach lvl 20 (this was one of the stretch goals). Kind of like an aftermath story.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom