Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
Why would anyone delete a game from Steam? Even when drunk?

To sort the wheat from the chaff? I have some painful memories in my steam library, which I wouldn't mind getting rid of. Shame you can't gift old games with less than a certain amount of play time.

Atomkilla

Arcane
Why would anyone delete a game from Steam? Even when drunk?

To sort the wheat from the chaff? I have some painful memories in my steam library, which I wouldn't mind getting rid of. Shame you can't gift old games with less than a certain amount of play time.

Well, you do have favorites option, and IIRC option to hide titles you don't care about.
I can understand the painful memories part, I have several myself, but I still would never permanently delete a title.

mck

Cipher
I had no idea you could delete games from your steam account. VERY tempted to delete some garbage bundle fodder, but I will probably just continue hoarding it. Also, GOG connect finally updated and added my games so everybody can rest easy now.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Reminds me of buying HL2... when I bought it I got plenty of additional shit, which I didn't want. I only wanted HL2, but also got HL2 Lost Coast, HL2 Multiplayer, Counter Strike Source or some shit. Note, that I didn't buy a bundle, and yet all this shit was listed separately on my Steam page, making it look cluttered. I tried to remove the obsolete shit, but removing any of these unwanted things would remove everything altogether. Meh... total shit.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't delete anything. I have a "shit" category, a "beaten" category with the stuff I want to replay installed and a "to play" category.

I feel like I should live with the shame of the shit games that I have bought.

Tom Selleck

Arcane
i just deleted like 100 garbage bundle games thanks to this thread, I didn't know you could. Now I need to delete the fucking three hundred other games I still haven't played, and then delete myself by hanging

Don Peste

Arcane
GOG Connect Added:

Eador. Masters of the Broken World
Man O' War: Corsair - Warhammer Naval Battles
The Solus Project
The Whispered World: Special Edition
Zombie Shooter 2

Don Peste

Arcane
What an awful sale, I'm speechless.
Why don't you try and open a couple of Stars™? Every Star costs $3 (or your local equivalent) and contains a Mystery Game currently available in The Winter Sale for at least $3.29, up to $20.09. This means each Mystery Game is worth more than the cost of a Star and you're always getting a safe deal!!! :)

Try here now! https://af.gog.com/winter-sale?as=1649904300

Last edited by a moderator:

Gepeu

Savant
Patron
I have a couple of games I would like to get, but NONE of them is on sale. Throwing money away to get something I most probably don't even want is the best deal. Why didn't I think about it earlier?

Sykar

Arcane
Bought two games, got Hard West for free, is it worthwhile buying 1 or two games for 11-12 euros to get the new Masters of Orion for free? I do not know how good the new version is. I got the original two MoOs does the Remake offer something the old ones do not besides graphic which I do not care too much about?

Turjan

Arcane
Bought two games, got Hard West for free, is it worthwhile buying 1 or two games for 11-12 euros to get the new Masters of Orion for free? I do not know how good the new version is. I got the original two MoOs does the Remake offer something the old ones do not besides graphic which I do not care too much about?
From a review: "Overall: Meh. Okay, but not great. The game is better described as a dumbed down version of Civilization V, not as an update to Master of Orion II."

Jensen

Novice
Bought:
Darklands
Gemini Rue
D&D Dark Sun Series (Dark Sun: Shattered Lands, Dark Sun: Wake of the Ravager
Geneforge Saga (Geneforge 1-5)
Avernum: the Complete Saga (Avernum 1-6, Blades of Avernum)
+ DLC Scars of Freedom for Hard West that I've got for free.

Now I need to find time to play...

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
My haul from sale:
Laura Bow mysteries
Jazz Jackrabbit collection
Bloodnet
Realms of the Haunting
Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak
HoMM 2
Nu-MoO (freebie)
Mafia
Morrowind (with Arena & Daggerfall)
Alone in the Dark 1-3

Only couple oldies left that I'm interested in.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
If you’re interested in a great Helicopter sim that’s still being modded and developed, EE: Commanche vs Hokum is now on sale, you can get it for a buck with change.

The same with EE: Apache v Havoc, both games can be integrated although you really just need EECH if you install the Allmod.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Every few years I'll binge jidaigeki. This year it was last week, so I bought Paradox's Sengoku (along w/ Serpent of the Staglands and EU Rome) instead of just installing Shogun 2. That was my grand haul. I don't remember if they were on sale. I hope I've scored a couple new historical scenarios to revisit down the road. Medieval 2 is about the only game I'll replay anymore, and CA campaigns are just retarded.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

Titanic: Adventure Out of Time: https://af.gog.com/game/titanic_adventure_out_of_time?as=1649904300

Intrigue and adventure await you on board the Titanic, the most famous ocean liner in history.

As British secret agent on a vital mission, it's up to you to change the course of history as you explore the world's most luxurious ocean vessel in all of its original splendor.
Navigate the amazing detailed 3-D reconstruction of this doomed ocean liner and rub elbows with high society from the turn of the century, all while gathering clues and solving challenging puzzles.
Then on the night of April 14, 1912, plunge into a race against time that will determine not only your own survival but the destiny of nations.
  • Historically accurate digital reconstruction of the R.M.S. Titanic with stunning, photo-realistic graphics.
  • Easy-to-navigate, fully explorable 3-D environments.
  • Original soundtrack and ambient effect in 3-D stereo.
  • More than 25 interactive characters who remember your actions and act accordingly.
  • Immersive and fluid 360 real-time movement.
  • Guided Tour Option - Explore the Titanic and learn about the ship form interactive tour guides.

Last edited by a moderator:

PeachPlumage

Cipher
From the GOG sale

Vampire - Bloodlines
Stalker: Shadow of Chenobyl (lost my retail cd years ago)
Stalker: Call of Pripyat
Forgotten Realms: Collection Two
X-Com: UFO Defense
X-Com: Terror from the Deep
X-Come: Apocalypse
Hard West (Freebie)
Hard West: Scars of Freedom

Turjan

Arcane
I only bought Elex, and Albion to get a look at how terrible the remake of Masters of Orion is for myself (nothing against Albion, but I had that as boxed copy ages ago).

gaussgunner

Arcane
Got a bunch of old shit for ~$1.50 each last week.

VTM: Redemption
ToEE and Arcanum to complete the Troika (already have Bloodlines)
Witcher 1
Nox
Thief
Master of Orion 1+2
Fallout
and they threw in TES: Daggerfall and Arena

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom