Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Trigger the codex with a statement.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I assume this is because it was my first RPG and Fallout ever, but I loved FO4. I have close to 300 hours into on play through and 1/2

Nick was the only companion I completed the side quest for. Made me so sad for him at the end and also mad that he wasn't romanceable! -_-

It sucks that you can't get into a relationship with him, he's so cheeky and smart

More here:

https://imgur.com/gallery/WgCDe

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Mebrilia

well, voice acting did help keep F: NV's dialog pretty tight. look what happened when Obsidian got to make an RPG without voice-acting... we got PoE's interminable word-dumps of meaningless blather.

so... yeah, sure, I would agree that voice-acting can serve as a good way to make sure the script doesn't get too purple. :D

Tito Anic

Arcane
Shitposter
Fallout 3 is the best of the all series. Bethesda took the right elements from the first and second game and made a lot of necessary improvements in the third game.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
i actually did get triggered by Tito's post for a second before I remembered what thread I was reading.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Do images count?

1413989470599_wps_1_Organic_Gingerbread.jpg

Diggfinger

Arcane
To become relevant ze Codex should carry out and post video interviews with legendary game producers (Tim Cain, Leonard Boyarsky, Brian Fargo etc.) on Youtube.

newtmonkey

Arcane
Besthesda has perfected the formula with Fallout 4. When I play an RPG, all I want to do is ride my legs and kill raiders. That is a perfect RPG.

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
WOW SUCH EDGY ATTEMPTS!

Here are some actual truth bombs/black pills you'll have hard time to swallow...

Fallout 2 > Fallout
Determinism > Random Dice Rolls
Nintendo classics are better designed than any PC classic.
There is no problem whatsoever in RPGs being first person and real-time (Fallout sequels suck for other reasons, former ones aren't causal but rather correlative).

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom