Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware My dudes recommend me some fun games to play with a bunch of friends

deama

Prophet
human: fall flat
risk of rain maybe?
trine 1/2?
town of salem
Sir, You Are Being Hunted
Octodad: Dadliest Catch?

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
WORLD

OF

maxresdefault.jpg

WAAAAAAAAAAARCRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jaina-proudmoore-1024x768.jpg

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer

Dexter

Arcane

Most of the above can be played with up to 4 players (a lot even offer cheaper 4-Packs on Steam) and they're all fun in one way or another.

BattleBlock Theater, FORCED, HELLDIVERS, Borderlands are some other similar titles (up to 4 players) I'd place lower on the "fun" scale.

Good site to keep in mind regarding CoOp: http://www.co-optimus.com/games.php

If you want to check your Steam Library for CoOp-able games, use this site on your account and you can sort games after Features/Tags: https://www.lorenzostanco.com/lab/steam/

Portal 2, Saint's Row: The Third, FEAR 3, Resident Evil 5, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, System Shock 2, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, HUNTED: The Demon's Forge have 2-player CoOp campaigns that can be moderately enjoyable.

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
Dead Island

Swap dead Island for Dying Light. It's just a better open world Zombie game all around, and is essentially the latest in the series from Techland.

Also seconding RE5, Tomb Raider GotL and Castlecrashers. They're all forgettable as singleplayer games, but the point is they're specifically designed around co-op play.

When it comes to old school co-op games, I'm not actually aware of too many worthwhile. Devs were very singleplayer centric, and that's my preference too as a player.

Last edited:

Sjukob

Arcane

The first one is a pretty straightfoward horde shooter. What's good about it that it is not another L4D clone and mechanics are fairly original. Player characters are very mobile, they can do various rolls, slides and even know kung-fu. Weapons are split in 3 branches: pistols, rifles, shotguns each of them can be upgraded 6-7 times throughout the session, there are also various super weapons hidden in various places on the map and a few types of grenades. Monsters are many and their enrage mode practically doubles the variety as it causes them to behave differently. There is also this "apocalypse" mechanic to prevent camping. Overall it's a damn fun shooter and I can't list all of it's features here. Don't know why it went almost unnoticed, me and my pals spent a lot of hours on this one.

Broforce. I'm sure you are familiar with this one. It was discussed a lot on codex and is generally well known on the internet.

Trine is a good choice if you are more into thinking - it's a puzzle game. I recommend first game the most, because it allows for more freedom in puzzle solving and there are more mechanics and tricks you can do in coop. But you can play the whole series if you want to. Granted I haven't played the third one but Trine 2 was alright.

spectre

Arcane
Perhaps slightly unorthodox choice, but how about getting Tabletop Simulator and playing whatever the hell you want.

Mark Richard

Arcane
Always wondered what a multiplayer game of The Guild II would be like. I imagine it's a LAN party sort of affair which takes all day to finish.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Tabletop Simulator and learn how to play Scythe. Secret Hitler is also fun.

Another game to consider is Squad.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Fun Multiplayer games:

Battlefield 4 (servers have a capacity for 64 players, and you can have a squad up to 5)

Portal 2 (only 2 players)

Left4Dead 2

Rocket League (up to 4 players)

Jedi Knight Academy

Any Worms game (up to 4 teams, the 2D are better)

Divinity Original Sin 1/2

Any Dark Souls (if you manage to connect to each other, try DS3 it's the more optimized for that and has more activity)

Super Smash Bros Melee (up to 4 players, best beat'em up game ever)

EDIT: R6 Siege (if you want a competivie shooter, up to 5 team players)

Last edited:

DJOGamer PT

Arcane

Not really. Sure with friends in the first few games were you're just dicking around it's good for a laugh, but after that... Most of the time you are either trying to get supplies, running from the blue fog or getting shot by a sniper/fucking camper you couldn't avoid (becuase he was either in a vantage spot you couldn't see or there wasn't enough places to take cover... or both).

EDIT: there's also the items randomization - were you can in one match find a fuckton of op guns from the start; or spend nearly 15 minutes searching a block of apartments just to find a nail clicker and peashooter that packs as much of a punch as a Nerf gun.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom