Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Sometimes I wonder who the fuck Sawyer actually talks to, because every time he starts talking about what "a lot of people" did, it feels like he's just pulling that straight out of his ass based on feedback he got from some functionally retarded focus-group in his circle of acquaintances.

Always played in slow-mode what the actual fuck?

Quillon

Arcane
Sometimes I wonder who the fuck Sawyer actually talks to, because every time he starts talking about what "a lot of people" did, it feels like he's just pulling that straight out of his ass based on feedback he got from some functionally retarded focus-group in his circle of acquaintances.

I set the option so combat always played in slow-mode and saw buncha people said the same.

But I don't like the approach with increased recovery to balance combat speed...in theory, people who have the beta should comment on this. It would have been better to make animations slower IMO(without making them slow-motion). And I'd like there to be slow-mode regardless of anything, sometimes its fun to watch some ability/spell like rolling flames in slow-mode. So a slow-mode that only effects animations and not recovery times should be perfection :P

Trashos

Arcane
Josh looked like he is sick of his life in Q&A#10. Designing is not a democracy, he should probably focus back on making the game he wants to make, within reasonable constraints.

PS. Also remember that democratic governments tend to be hated by absolutely everyone.

Last edited:

Quillon

Arcane
They started to get telemetrics data with Deadfire beta and November 16 PoE1 patch, slow-mode decision was way before.

Also cloud shadows? :P

Last edited:

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Josh looked like he is sick of his life in Q&A#10. Designing is not a democracy, he should probably focus back on making the game he wants to make, within reasonable constraints.

PS. Also remember that democratic governments tend to be hated by absolutely everyone.
Because dictators kill anyone who hate him or jail them. Stop with this anti democratic bullshit and speak for yourself, not everyone hate developers because they trying to make game with asking what kind of game people want. Besides anyone can have struggle during any creative process, so he can trying to find most fitting solution for his point of view on game. I am sorry, If I sound rough, but I don't understand sometimes some people, who have butt hurt about balance, but when devs trying to figure out: "What the fuck you need guys?!?!" There would be always guy, who compare devs with politics and trying suggest to stop devs from it (in another words interrupt that they already started) "cus design is not democracy", while it never was about democracy to begin witch, it's was always common practice in business, when company trying find appealing things for their customer. Opposite of this would be communist slogan "eat shit or die", in another words "you should be glad that you have that delicious piece of spoiled bread and don't complain, because this is how we see bright future for everyone". It just a marketing movie, so they can sure that their game would be bought by anyone.

P.S. Sorry If my comment look as angry response, but I don't think that if devs want to know fetishes of their customers it's something bad.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth

Judging by the stupidity that Sawyer regularly encounters I'm guessing reddit.

Trashos

Arcane
Because dictators kill anyone who hate him or jail them. Stop with this anti democratic bullshit and speak for yourself, not everyone hate developers because they trying to make game with asking what kind of game people want. Besides anyone can have struggle during any creative process, so he can trying to find most fitting solution for his point of view on game. I am sorry, If I sound rough, but I don't understand sometimes some people, who have butt hurt about balance, but when devs trying to figure out: "What the fuck you need guys?!?!" There would be always guy, who compare devs with politics and trying suggest to stop devs from it (in another words interrupt that they already started) "cus design is not democracy", while it never was about democracy to begin witch, it's was always common practice in business, when company trying find appealing things for their customer. Opposite of this would be communist slogan "eat shit or die", in another words "you should be glad that you have that delicious piece of spoiled bread and don't complain, because this is how we see bright future for everyone". It just a marketing movie, so they can sure that their game would be bought by anyone.

P.S. Sorry If my comment look as angry response, but I don't think that if devs want to know fetishes of their customers it's something bad.

You can be as rough as you like afaic, you are on the Codex.

People don't know what their significant other thinks after 20 years of marriage, and somehow we are going to understand our customers right after they fill in this well thought-out questionnaire. Yeah, good luck with that. Add to it a multi-million dollar marketing campaign, just in case.

My main point is that the results of the democratic process look like Frankenstein, ie they are completely incoherent and really satisfy noone (ofc I am generalizing a bit etc-etc). Still, democracy is a relatively stable regime, which is its major advantage and explains why it survives. Since we are talking about game design here, said stability will have nothing to do with the end result, while being an incoherent mess with no unifying vision will have a lot to do with it. That's what I meant. Note that I am not actually saying that Deadfire is an incoherent mess. I am saying that it should be careful that it does not become one.

In addition, you absolutely need your lead designer to be enthusiastic about what he is doing. I noted that Josh looked tired with life in Q&A10, and bells started ringing in my head. He may have just been sick, though, I have no way of knowing.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/95306-out-for-the-holidays-part-2-1222-12/

Happy Holidays!!!

Obsidian will be CLOSED
aiee.gif
starting tonight 12/22, returning 1/2 morning. I'll be popping in on the forums here and there but our coverage will be very light. We apologize for patching and running, but figured it was better to give it sooner rather than later.

Hopefully all you merrymaking gamers have a great holiday,

- SKing

Better hope it doesn't need any urgent hotfixes!

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite

You can be as rough as you like afaic, you are on the Codex.

People don't know what their significant other thinks after 20 years of marriage, and somehow we are going to understand our customers right after they fill in this well thought-out questionnaire. Yeah, good luck with that. Add to it a multi-million dollar marketing campaign, just in case.

My main point is that the results of the democratic process look like Frankenstein, ie they are completely incoherent and really satisfy noone (ofc I am generalizing a bit etc-etc). Still, democracy is a relatively stable regime, which is its major advantage and explains why it survives. Since we are talking about game design here, said stability will have nothing to do with the end result, while being an incoherent mess with no unifying vision will have a lot to do with it. That's what I meant. Note that I am not actually saying that Deadfire is an incoherent mess. I am saying that it should be careful that it does not become one.

In addition, you absolutely need your lead designer to be enthusiastic about what he is doing. I noted that Josh looked tired with life in Q&A10, and bells started ringing in my head. He may have just been sick, though, I have no way of knowing.
Oh, yeah now I see that I misunderstood your point. I hope it's just pre-Cristmas preparations caused such stress and after holidays he will be well. Speaking of which, Merry Christmas everyone!

Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected
Busted... Although I could defend the lie that I joked about the notion of fantasy sea monster, I'll honorably admit I forgot there are disgusting things in the depths of the sea. I'm too good to pretend :smug:

You're better off that way, I can't go near any body of water more shallow than 5 feet

The horrors I have witnessed, the things I have seen with my own eyes that would drive a normal man insane I never sleep at night I, wait this isn't the Stygian thread, gtfo

Salvo

Arcane
You're better off that way, I can't go near any body of water more shallow than 5 feet

The horrors I have witnessed, the things I have seen with my own eyes that would drive a normal man insane I never sleep at night I, wait this isn't the Stygian thread, gtfo

You haven't experienced true horror unless you have been tackled by a 550 pounds black woman.

Oh come on there's one with a frickin third eye on the top of it's head

Also how do you know those are tentacles they may be her dicks

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom