Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Finished the game! DISGUSTING ENDING!
My character decided to join Hybrid after he refused to join him and beat him up for no reason (hybrid gave his reasoning before I refused it and fought him).
After I joined him albs are still hostile and still seeking to kill me even though Hybrid said I am the main boy now (after him).
Berserkers and Clerics didn't like it so I killed them.
Logan seemed to not care and said don't mess with my profit but for some reason there were no options to pressure him or even kill him (Jax said submit or die to other faction leaders).
After I spoke to Logan's henchman a screen with character endings opened. It didn't said what to press to see next slide so I pressed something and it close. AFAIK there is not way to see it again!
WTF.
Wost ending I've seen in this year.

Are you for real? :)

PrettyDeadman

Finished the game! DISGUSTING ENDING!
My character decided to join Hybrid after he refused to join him and beat him up for no reason (hybrid gave his reasoning before I refused it and fought him).
After I joined him albs are still hostile and still seeking to kill me even though Hybrid said I am the main boy now (after him).
Berserkers and Clerics didn't like it so I killed them.
Logan seemed to not care and said don't mess with my profit but for some reason there were no options to pressure him or even kill him (Jax said submit or die to other faction leaders).
After I spoke to Logan's henchman a screen with character endings opened. It didn't said what to press to see next slide so I pressed something and it close. AFAIK there is not way to see it again!
WTF.
Wost ending I've seen in this year.

Are you for real? :)
Yes! Hybrid said join me because alens will come to cuck the humanity, my character said I don't care I will kill you instead lol, they started fighting. Hybrid looked like he died, but then he stood up, my character said okay I join you now.

What is especially dumb is that before I fought him, hybrid said you should lead albs, but after I beat him up he said okay I will lead and you will be my slave and Jax agreed to that in cutscene.

I knew that Jax is extremely dumb when he is not controlled by the player because of his monologues after chapters where he said things which has nothing to do with what was going on, but still, what were they thinking?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Melee is great. You'll start out weak and then you'll be all like:
giphy.gif

How important is to specialize in this game? I just started and would like to have a few utility skills apart from focusing on range. So far I plan on taking all attributes to 25 before focusing in something specific.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
How important is to specialize in this game? I just started and would like to have a few utility skills apart from focusing on range. So far I plan on taking all attributes to 25 before focusing in something specific.
Max animal trophies as fast as you can. If you want, picking pockets can be good. I'd advise you to raise your stamina as soon as possible, especially if you're melee focused. You'll probably have an easier time if you focus, but it's nothing that is required early on.

Tigranes

Arcane
Gimble yes, ranged is plenty powerful w/out the OP stunlocking. I guess the litmus test is pick them up and try them, if you're cool with the controls/feel it'll be fine. They don't jive with me in any PB game so I just go full on melee.

Tigranes

Arcane

Attribute costs are tiered (e.g. after 50, 5 points per 1) so every character ends up pretty jack of all trades. I wouldn't worry about it, you'll have at least 30 in every attribute eventually.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Attribute costs are tiered (e.g. after 50, 5 points per 1) so every character ends up pretty jack of all trades. I wouldn't worry about it, you'll have at least 30 in every attribute eventually.
I'd say that it pays off to go 25-30 in several stats early to cherry pick some best perks. Particularly Constitution has some important early perks (Good Eater, Stamina, Armor). Not necessarily Cunning, though.
After that you should focus/race to fulfill the requirements of the next tier of your weapon type of choice.

T. Reich

Arcane
There are two "optimal" progressions as I see them.
1) "Elex fiend" (aka the powergamer) - the target is to start brewing as many stat-boosting elex potions as early as possible. After that the game is broken and becomes progressively easier:
25 int + 15 cun ASAP -> chemistry skill -> buy medium elex potion recipe -> go full derp on stat boosts
All the next early stat/skill picks are targeted at maximising your income.
15 dex -> lockpick 1 -> with a certain early game item it allows to pick most of the chests in the game.
animal trophies 1 -> looting enemy non-human corpses is the largest source of income in the game BY FAR. It's mandatory to raise this skill to 2 asap, and to 3 as soon as reasonably possible.
25 dex -> pickpocket 1 -> most NPCs have a bit of money (it helps early on A LOT), and it's usually the only thing worth stealing anyway.
35 int + 30 dex -> animal trophies 2.
There, the easrly mandatory skills are taken. The stats are: 10 str, 10 con, 30 dex, 35 int, 15 cun.
From here on you want to start buffing the stats directly necessary for your weapons of choice. You're already good to go for energy weapons (int+dex), but it's also easy to go for swords and bows/xbows/shotguns (str+dex). IF you also decide to join the berserkers, int will already be useful for learning magic skills. Going for axes/maces/shields/heavy weapons is the hardest (str+con), but seeing as you're the elex fiend now, it's still easy as fuck.
2) "Natural fighter" - just go for the weapon stats ASAP, ignore any non-weapon skills and stats for now. This is mostly for people comfortable with the game's melee combat system.
Pick a weapon type - swords+bows/xbows/shotguns (str+dex), or axes/maces/shields/heavy weapons (str+con).
Pump str to approx 35 and secondary stat to approx 30 to be able to use the more or less decent starting weapons.
Going str+con is preferable because you get to use the shields, and you will be able to learn the armor and stamina skills that will greatly increase your early staying power.
Then pump both main and secondary combat stat to approx 40 each - likely you will be able to use some of the + grade weapons you found/bought, and these allow you to tackle 40 exp grade critters (and 100 exp humanoids) reasonably well.
Then pump int+dex+cun a bit to afford the first grade money-making and utility skills.
After that you will naturally progress towards stronger weapons.

Mkay fellas, sorry to interrupt, but: next problem. :roll:
I know there's been talk about that Bandits who attack the Cleric trader. One of them can't be killed.
I read that this isn't the case if I don't interrupt their conversation and just wait until the Bandits attack. However, this doesn't seem to work for me, that fucking Bandit is still invincible.
Any fix known for this?

So far i shieldbash everyone to the ground and let my companion finish the mobs.

Are the bonus XP skills worth it? I guess no, but I just found a merchant that sells one skill amulet that does that. I´m close to reach level 10.

Is Suggestion useful at all?

Tigranes

Arcane
Why would you bore yourself that way? I mean, you're literally standing around not doing a lot, while watching the AI fight AI. I guess if you want to essentially skip combat that's one answer, although later on they become less capable of winning all the fights for you.

Bonus XP skills not really worth it.

Suggestion is 'useful' in the sense that there's a fair number of dialogues that do use it, but I'd just pick whatever faction I like, and not feel shoehorned into clerics because of it.

Well, you are right on the boring part. Everything has to much HP for my guy.

I should have either focused on combat from the begining or play on Normal. Restarting.

I have completed the Holy ELEX. No idea how some of you did it in 20 hours, took me almost 80, and I didn't even do everything.

All in all, pretty rough in some ways, but definitely a legit PB game, taking its rightful place alongside G1, G2 and R1. In a first for PB (at least the games that I've played), the second half of the game did not degenerate into a boring grind (Risen 1 was especially guilty of this). I spent the vast majority of the game just traveling around and questing and exploring, and only at the very end, was there a short bit of grind.

The sheer size and scope of the game, along with the brand new vertical factor and the degree of C&C makes it even better than their older games in some ways. Overall, at this point, I would rank them as G2 > G1 > ELEX > Risen.

I really hope someone puts out a combat overhaul mod at some point. People spend so much time on modding Bethesda games, when it's hopeless, but a good combat mod for ELEX would make this an all time great game.

If PB can improve combat and make ELEX 2 to ELEX what G2 was to G1, watch out.

Jinn

Arcane
I have completed the Holy ELEX. No idea how some of you did it in 20 hours, took me almost 80, and I didn't even do everything.

Yeah, my in-game completion time was around 70 hours, and I know I missed a fair amount of stuff near the end/didn't do many quests for the factions that were not my own.

Last edited:

Elex

Arbiter
ELEX confirmed to be the best game. One would think you cannot patch Perfection. Well, here you go, Piranha Bytes did it. They patched Perfection.
they have done something better: they have listened to feedback.

(stuff like stamina consume setting is great for early game melee)

adding alb armor basically add a fourth faction to the game, full alb mode!! (we need also alb magic maybe after the ending or after certain decision in the game)

Gepeu

Savant
Patron
Now, we wait for the elexated version of the game, along with 100 hour long Expansion Pack involving Baxter's adventures after he was kicked out from the Fort.

Mkay fellas, sorry to interrupt, but: next problem. :roll:
I know there's been talk about that Bandits who attack the Cleric trader. One of them can't be killed.
I read that this isn't the case if I don't interrupt their conversation and just wait until the Bandits attack. However, this doesn't seem to work for me, that fucking Bandit is still invincible.
Any fix known for this?
Come on guys! Nobody? :negative:
Darth Roxor?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom