Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Does the money you've spent at least count in the total needed to eventually get Hard West? In that case it wouldn't a total waste since Hard West is pretty good.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Does the money you've spent at least count in the total needed to eventually get Hard West? In that case it wouldn't a total waste since Hard West is pretty good.
It does. I got it from stars. Got shit games. Bought 5 stars this time. Last time, I bought 10 piñatas and got 8 games I was happy with. Next year, I will buy 0 loot boxes.

mck

Cipher
It does. I got it from stars. Got shit games. Bought 5 stars this time. Last time, I bought 10 piñatas and got 8 games I was happy with. Next year, I will buy 0 loot boxes.

What games did you get from the stars?

Vorark

Erudite
This is just the start, look out for more and more deals added to The Winter Sale every single day.

The 2017 GOG.com Winter Sale sale will last until December 26, 2017 11pm UTC.

Then why check the site or buy anything before the 25th/26th? :roll:

Cross

Arcane
The star system sounds a lot more enticing before you realize that most of what GOG (or any games store) has in their catalogue is shovelware and hipster indie games.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Hacknet
Dreamfall Chapers Final Cut
Bit.Trip.Core
Unrest
Combat Chess
Hacknet is actually pretty interesting, maybe give it a try?

Everything else is indeed garbage though. RIP.
EDIT:If it makes you feel any better, I got:
GUN
American McGee's Grimm (RIP)
Think of the Children (RIP)

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I want it to be Discworld, but the singular title dashes that hope somewhat.

My bet is on Cryo's Dune.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
775451c535922d5ec1f885b3d2ff636a3a053a5a.jpg

Someone got screenshot of Lego Star Wars and Force Unleashed games on frontpage.
Probably coming soon.

e.
they already released those:
https://af.gog.com/game/star_wars_the_force_unleashed_ultimate_sith_edition?as=1649904300
https://af.gog.com/game/star_wars_the_force_unleashed_ii?as=1649904300
https://af.gog.com/game/lego_star_wars_the_complete_saga?as=1649904300
https://af.gog.com/game/lego_star_wars_the_clone_wars?as=1649904300

Last edited by a moderator:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I know that buying Morrowind was a Sin, but why it only lets me download german installers of all things?

That problem is not exclusive for this game. If you try to download installers via Galaxy then, even though you selected "Preferable language: English" it still pick other languages.
In GOG Downloader you start the app, go to your library and choose Downloaders links for different languages and that's it. Some cashuals might cry that "it's harder than RMB on the title and clicking Install, bawwwww" but fuck them, it worked while Galaxy have problem with it. Because everyone have massive amounts of free space (but they did not asked them if they want to waste it on games) and fast internet without data cap, that's only something in third world countries with monopoly internet provider or whatever.

And Beth stopped giving their old games more than 50% discount even though I paid half the current price on the sale (16 potatoes vs 32 right now).

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
That problem is not exclusive for this game. If you try to download installers via Galaxy then, even though you selected "Preferable language: English" it still pick other languages.
In GOG Downloader you start the app, go to your library and choose Downloaders links for different languages and that's it.
Yep.
That's what I did eventually.

Never had this happen for me before.

mck

Cipher
Wtf is up with GOG connect? I have multiple games in steam that are eligible but every time I refresh my games it still shows no applicable games.

Kuattro

Augur
Wtf is up with GOG connect? I have multiple games in steam that are eligible but every time I refresh my games it still shows no applicable games.

Make sure your Steam profile is set to public when you refresh. You can put it back to private once you've received the games.

Atomkilla

Arcane
Why would anyone delete a game from Steam? Even when drunk?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom