Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Zombasite - zombie apocalypse action RPG from Soldak

Latro

Arcane
He also updated a pretty beefy looking patch for vanilla, gonna get this nao

• now cache monster models a bit better (hopefully less loading pauses)
  • now when run out of potion that is in a use slot it will automatically switch to best potion available
  • items that are available to spawn at max level don't fade out their chances at higher levels now
  • fixed NPCs not being able to be infected
  • fixed infected npcs not turning into zombies
  • now a quest gets generated when npc changes to ghost, demon, death knight, lich, or zombie
  • fixed a rare projectile related crash (made Skill a SafeClass and _skill in projectile a SafePtr)
  • fixed not getting new clan members from rescue quests some times (Zombasite)
  • added 5% stat inflation to rupture armor
  • cursed characters can now use any doors and guards (they don't need to be cursed) (DrJoeFitz)
  • now attacking inanimate monsters (evil altars, machines, totems, etc) makes noise (alerts, ambushes, etc)
  • fixed Warboss health multiplier (was 1.0 is supposed to be 11.0) (Destro*)
  • bags can now have magic modifiers (Jackrel)
  • now secret gates are marked on map when used
  • clans now try to change their doors, guards, and relics less often
  • made clans save their money a little bit more by increasing IgnoreMinGuardBoostMult from 3.0 to 4.0
  • fixed fire ward giving fire imbued instead of minor fire imbued (Destro*)
  • fixed Death Mark not triggering correctly (AndyTheMessengerRobot)
  • fixed life steal proc on weapons
  • now make sure NPC reward for logistics win is not a vendor (cfiend)
  • added 5% inflation to riposte stun time (Throwback)
  • decreased spawn chances of negative npc traits from 0.75 to 0.65
  • now if multiple overrides of same database entry, last one loaded is first used
  • can now see long messages when dead
  • fixed some braziers in cave 4 that couldn't be turned on/off
  • added mushroom level modifier prefix name - Mushroomy :)
  • made jars have less health
  • fixed ghost world modifier not working correctly
  • changed save version to 213
  • changed PROTOCOL_VERSION to 64
  • fixed battles ending earlier than they should
  • now play item sound when a monster picks up an item
  • now monsters that pick up items will drop them when they die
  • dark elf assassins will now pick up and use daggers
  • dark elf wizards will now pick up and use wands
  • now an option to hide eliminated clans on the relations screen
  • now show relations, show treaties, and hide eliminated options save properly
  • more torch light flickers now
  • monsters no longer hide in towns
  • now much cheaper to search for bounty hunters
  • made r_effects affect swipes also
  • now if you decline a treasure map quest, you can get it again from your bulletin board
  • Death Mark can now stack 3 times
  • fixed a bug where you couldn't drop an item that you can't equip onto a bag to put it in the bag (Fulano5321)
  • removed 2715x1527 resolution on Windows and Mac builds (just causes problems)
  • fixed a crash when using reloadMenus and you have menus that have been overridden by a mod or expansion
  • no longer announce quests at the very beginning of a world
  • no longer start tornadoes in fake levels
  • tripled tornado chances in storms
  • added noise machine town to zombie town attack connection quest text
  • now menus can specify music database entry instead of a direct sound file
  • now using an attack skill on an object like a locked chest and out of mana will drop down to basic attack correctly
  • fixed a problem temporarily losing skills on items when they level up (loopax)
  • now when delete a character clear selected item (Destro*)
  • bulletin boards can no longer be target of kill monsters quests (Mnemovore)

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
I bought it anyway. Outside of a raid that wiped my entire town not long after starting a new game at level 1 (was lvl 3 when it happened), the game has improved a lot. The combat pacing has improved a lot and the zombie meter down below no longer ends the game when it reaches the end, it now eventuates into an event/raid instead. It has been a while since I played the game however.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Expac didn't seem to offer anything interesting so I'm skipping it for now, unless I hear something otherwise good about it. The only reason I'd get it is for the new class, but the Bard doesn't seem very interesting to me.

GaelicVigil

Liturgist
Bump.

I picked this game up over the holidays along with Din's Legacy. Have to say, Zombasite is the best ARPG I've played in many years. So many interesting layers of mechanics and cool ideas here. It's amazing how much the developer crammed into this game.

One major recommendation, however, is to grab the boosted experience mod from here:
https://www.soldak.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38165

Leveling in the default game is extremely tedious and slow. At some point you will begin to get killed more often and the monster that killed you will get an uber boss boost. Keep repeating that a few times and you will get yourself into a downward death spiral. The experience mod fixes that so you can push through a tough situation much more easily.

Lhynn

Arcane
I remember liking Dins curse a lot more, think the dual classing I just found more appealing.

GaelicVigil

Liturgist
I remember liking Dins curse a lot more, think the dual classing I just found more appealing.

You can dual/hybrid class in the later titles as well. Din's Legacy has like a billion class permutations. I think Zombasite & Din's Legacy are just Din's Curse++. Way more options, improved graphics, more dungeons, more monsters, more of everything. I used to play Din's Curse, now I couldn't go back.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom