Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News No Truce With The Furies Christmas 2017 Teaser Trailer

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: No Truce With The Furies; ZA/UM

The last time we posted about No Truce With The Furies was back in March, when the game's publisher arranged for a live gameplay broadcast at PAX East. It seemed then that ZA/UM's unusual RPG might be released this year as planned, but clearly that's not going to be the case. With the year coming to an end, the developers have put together a new X-mas '17 teaser trailer confirming that the game will be coming out sometime in 2018. Besides offering us our first new look at the game since PAX East, it also features some sick new music from British Sea Power. Check it out:

No Truce With The Furies has had a store page on Steam since May. It's got a new tagline as well - "Isometric RPG meets cop-show" - which doesn't really capture the game's weirdness either but at least is less confusing than "police procedural". The Steam page now appears to proclaim that "No Truce With Furies" itself is only a working title, so expect more changes I guess. Hopefully we'll see more of the game soon after the holidays.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
It isnt an rpg if it doesnt have combat... :roll:
This is absolutely not true. RPG means role-playing game, you can play role without combat by dialogue or action. Combat not even fucking a sign of RPG, shooters, strategy and even a puzzle can have combat too.

I hope they change name of the game, though. Because current name looks like title for game that silmillar to Postal of Punisher but with furriy colsplayers as victims.

Last edited:

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Probably "No Truce with the Furies" works better as a subtitle, given naming conventions these days.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm even more enthusiastic about this now than I was before the trailer, and I thought that was impossible. I didn't even know British Sea Power was still making music. Hail, ZA/UM!

Can we seriously stop with the lame furry jokes, though? If these guys need to ditch one of the coolest titles I've ever seen because some codexians have a bad sense of humor and/or know more about deviant sex than classical mythology, that would be very disappointing. Don't be a force for decline.

Shin

Cipher
I'm even more enthusiastic about this now than I was before the trailer, and I thought that was impossible. I didn't even know British Sea Power was still making music. Hail, ZA/UM!

Can we seriously stop with the lame furry jokes, though? If these guys need to ditch one of the coolest titles I've ever seen because some codexians have a bad sense of humor and/or know more about deviant sex than classical mythology, that would be very disappointing. Don't be a force for decline.

While I agree that the 'joke' has become very old; they did bring it upon themselves. If I called my new super awesome RPG "Roosterville: Adventures of a gay cock"; I can't expect that the internet/ya'll understand/accept this to be a kids game about a happy male chicken going on adventures.

imweasel

Every single RPG in the RPG Codex top 70 RPG list has combat and combat has been a convention of RPGs since D&D 1st Edition. So Kem0sabe is probably right, even if it makes some of you ANGRY. :shittydog:

That said, No Truce With The Furies resembles an adventure game because that is probably what it truly is. Hard to say what it really even is without having a good look at it though.

J1M

Arcane
Trailer failed to inform even about which genre the furry game happens to... [fade to black].

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron

While I agree that the 'joke' has become very old; they did bring it upon themselves. If I called my new super awesome RPG "Roosterville: Adventures of a gay cock"; I can't expect that the internet/ya'll understand/accept this to be a kids game about a happy male chicken going on adventures.

But the word furries is nowhere in the title. Hence my complaint about the woeful state of modern education. That or half the people here are dyslexic. Does nobody get forced to read Aeschylus anymore? The furies, as in the Greco-Roman goddesses of vengeance who punish parricides and oath breakers.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erinyes

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Every single RPG in the RPG Codex top 70 RPG list has combat and combat has been a convention of RPGs since D&D 1st Edition. So Kem0sabe is probably right, even if it makes some of you ANGRY. :shittydog:

That said, No Truce With The Furies resembles an adventure game because that is probably what it truly is. Hard to say what it really even is without having a good look at it though.

But there is combat, homeboy. You just give orders through the same box where you pick things to say, rather than on the map. Maybe we shouldn’t call it the dialogue box because it’s really more of a universal interface.

Not that different from older games like Wasteland.

I defy anyone to read about the attribute and skill system and then call this an adventure game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom