Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

West of Loathing - humourous B&W turn-based RPG

Lurker47

Savant
Do they try to do some world building with the silliness? That's my favorite style of humor and writing.

V_K

Arcane
Do they try to do some world building with the silliness?
So far, I'd say there definitely is some worldbuilding, but there's also quite a bit of silliness for the sake of silliness. In general, it feels kinda like a somewhat cheesier QfG in a Weird West setting.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
I saw this on Steam; passed it by because of the graphics, which reminded me of some shit mobile fighting game. Based on this thread I'm installing it right now.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
I'm having a lot of fun with this game. It's extremely original, funny, and engaging. I have recently played Divinity: OS EE and Pillars of Eternity. While I do consider those good games, I am finding WoL a lot more fun.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Kingdom of Loathing was pretty funny, but ultimately way too grindy. How grindy is this game? Tempted to pull the trigger.
There are repeatable fights in this game, but they are optional (some sidequests may require a couple of minutes ). Overall, the game strikes a very good balance between exploration, dialogue, combat, "puzzles" and Puzzles.

Keep a notepad handy.

And go west, young man!

lightbane

Arcane
Don't believe me? Have proof then:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/597220/discussions/0/1729837292626862748/

Epicmask
iconGames.png
3 Oct @ 9:12pm
so..... no dlc?
no news on anything for months... soon is not a answer. soon has been a year already... im pretty sure the developers have gone off to other projects... which is fine.. but i hate being told something is comng when it isnt... why isnt there any news on the dlc? because its been abandonded?
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments

Asymmetric
[developer] 4 Oct @ 12:14am
notification_icon_flag_dark.png
forum_topicicon_reply.png

Not abandoned, no! It's taking way longer than we expected, and has been delayed by stuff like the Switch port and whatnot. We still don't want to promise a date yet, but at this point it's probably 90+% complete.
[...] We'd really like you to be able to buy it before Christmas! I think we're all in agreement. :)

Let's hope they're right and will deliver, instead of going with the Barkley 2 route.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
To be honest I'd prefer a spiritual sequel (future of loathing? east of loathing?) to dlc, but I'll take what I can get when it comes to quality rpgs.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Wtf?It doesn't seem to be available in GOG right now which is where I own the game,I hope there isn't a big delay because that would be a major dick move from the developers of a game that I really liked.

:decline:

Modron

Arcane
I am sure by the time you refill your adhd medicine it will be on gog Azalin.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
The dlc fights are really hard.

Or I just forgot how to play this game.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Neat! Just bought it, thanks for bringing it to attention.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom