Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Exclusive Reveal: Realms Beyond, an upcoming fantasy RPG from the developers of Chaos Chronicles

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Ceres Games; Chaos Chronicles; Realms Beyond

With the release of Demons Age earlier this month, I declared that the Chaos Chronicles saga had finally reached a sad end. It turns out I may have been too hasty. You might be aware that Peter "Hobgoblin42" Ohlmann, lead developer on Chaos Chronicles, left his job at SpellfForce 3 studio Grimlore Games last August, with plans to work on a mysterious indie RPG pet project on a full-time basis. Today he and his team, who call themselves Ceres Games and include our very own JarlFrank among their ranks, are finally ready to reveal their game to the world. I'm very happy to introduce Realms Beyond, a classical turn-based fantasy RPG based on Wizards of the Coast's Open Gaming License. That's right, it's Chaos Chronicles reborn. Behold:

Realms Beyond is a classically inspired fantasy role-playing computer game with turn-based combat and a party system that allows you to control up to six characters at any one time. Whether you yearn for an open world to explore at your own pace, tactical combat that allows you to plan your moves carefully, or want to lose yourself in the rich fabric of our world, trying to survive and make your mark, Realms Beyond offers endless choices, lands to travel, monster-infested dungeons and a host of storylines to follow. Adapting and responding to the player’s interactions with the world, you will find a depth and richness for your adventures that combines the very best of traditional gameplay with modern-day technologies. The result is a game world that comes alive, brimming with undiscovered stories, content, mysteries, and challenges.

Key Features:
  • Turn-based combat, featuring many favorite spells, feats and actions, based on rules described in the (3.5e) Revised System Reference Document (SRD) covered by the Open Game License v1.0a (OGL) by Wizards of the Coast, Inc
  • Custom-built, isometric graphic engine that combines zoomable 2D and 3D technology to bring to the screen a never-before-seen amount of detail
  • A bustling open world, spanning entire continents, replete with believable NPCs, complex cultures, factions, societies and a fascinating history
  • Create a party of up to six characters, with customizable appearance, ranging from 7 different races and 8 different classes
  • More than one hundred spells, each with unique, stunning visual effects
  • Thousands of individual items to use and interact with
  • An epic storyline, massive quests, uncounted missions, hordes of monsters and a world that is steeped in lore and mystery
  • Create your own adventures, campaigns or even entire worlds using the UrWelt RPG Engine framework
Platform: PC Windows

Planned Release Date: 2019

Additional details, screenshots, videos and more are available at Realms Beyond's official website. Hurrah!

Getting strong Ultima vibes, which is always a plus, but reading that list of features you have to wonder if they are biting more than they can chew.

Also, still bitter about how Chaos Chronicles ended.

Chrio

Novice
With the release of Demons Age earlier this month, I had declared that the Chaos Chronicles saga had finally reached a sad end.

What has Demons Age to do with this game (same developers?)? Didnt find any information, also seems the game (Demons Age) got deleted from Steam?

Music from the trailers is quite nice.

Tigranes

Arcane
With the release of Demons Age earlier this month, I had declared that the Chaos Chronicles saga had finally reached a sad end.

What has Demons Age to do with this game (same developers?)? Didnt find any information, also seems the game (Demons Age) got deleted from Steam?

Some shovelware dipshits acquired the CC assets/rights after it was cancelled, rolled around drinking cock on the rocks for a while then released it as a literally half-finished pre-alpha mess called Demons Age.

Chrio

Novice

Some shovelware dipshits acquired the CC assets/rights after it was cancelled, rolled around drinking cock on the rocks for a while then released it as a literally half-finished pre-alpha mess called Demons Age.

Ah thanks.

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
Happy Christmas! This must be the part where Scrooge (not that one) punches the evil publishers on the nose and brings forth the Game That Was Promised through sheer willpower and blind rage. Just when there appeared to be no good games on the horizon a star appears. I will bring my gold and follow.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Wow, kudos to Hobgoblin42. It's inspiring how he never gave up.
In any case, this sounds really fucking great! Consider me hyped.
Also, I really liked the music for the coastal town :)

Do they have a publisher in mind ? I'd hate to see a reiteration of CC's tragedy...

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
What the hell is JarlFrank doing there?

Why, he is a published author and renown illustrator?

41y1qfmsVJL._SX353_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

So yeah, I guess he can brew coffee and do the dishes or something.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom