Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Sykar

Arcane

Yeah, that's a decent perk distribution. I'd still argue in favor of per 13/int 13 and I think sure step is better than hypertoxicity - I dunno, I don't see caltrops as being viable without it. And you can't really wear metal boots.

True enough it lets you maneuver caltrops and acid puddles easily which is quite helpful. 13 per might also be a good idea for higher to hit chance at the expense of a little damage (maybe, have not done the math) though you have to invest more into crafting skills. Funny enough, you avoid laser pistols but my PSI sniper uses one as a side arm instead of a SMG.

Why the fuck Underrail does not have integrated speedhack? Even Baldur's Gate had it.

Baldur's Gate had a speed hack? I remember that the move speed in BG 2 was higher but that is all. Personally I never felt the need for it and will never use it. /shrug

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
True enough it lets you maneuver caltrops and acid puddles easily which is quite helpful. 13 per might also be a good idea for higher to hit chance at the expense of a little damage (maybe, have not done the math) though you have to invest more into crafting skills. Funny enough, you avoid laser pistols but my PSI sniper uses one as a side arm instead of a SMG.

Well, acid is whatever as you can just wear siphoner, but caltrops are a must. Dunno about you, but I generally move towards the combat throwing the caltrops here and there and then I move straight back, luring the foes in. Without sure step, that's not really doable.

The math is simple - 10-16 is 242.1% of base damage X 1.88 technicalities modifier =455.14 in total. 13-13 is 266.6 base damage x 1.64 technicalities = 437.224. That's 4% difference. As long as there's, like, 4% accuracy difference between these two setups, perception is in the win. You lose some skills, but, well, you don't need that much mechanics - what for? Biology and mercantile can also take some cuts. Smth like this.

Finally, the problem with lazors is that they're way too weak. They're only good for killing sliver of health foes, otherwise, plasma and electro are just strictly better. They weren't buffed enough, unfortunately. And in the vid, I have lots of chem stuff - they're also better as side-arms.

Parabalus

Arcane

Yeah, that's a decent perk distribution. I'd still argue in favor of per 13/int 13 and I think sure step is better than hypertoxicity - I dunno, I don't see caltrops as being viable without it. And you can't really wear metal boots.

I'd drop ambush for Pack Rathound, 3 STR without it + traps seems like suicide fuel.
Why the fuck Underrail does not have integrated speedhack? Even Baldur's Gate had it.

Baldur's Gate had a speed hack? I remember that the move speed in BG 2 was higher but that is all. Personally I never felt the need for it and will never use it. /shrug

You can set FPS in the config, never used it myself though.

Underrail is the only game for which I've seen guides how to comfortably use speedhack. An animation speed slider even for only combat would be very welcome.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Sykar

Arcane

Well, acid is whatever as you can just wear siphoner, but caltrops are a must. Dunno about you, but I generally move towards the combat throwing the caltrops here and there and then I move straight back, luring the foes in. Without sure step, that's not really doable.

The math is simple - 10-16 is 242.1% of base damage X 1.88 technicalities modifier =455.14 in total. 13-13 is 266.6 base damage x 1.64 technicalities = 437.224. That's 4% difference. As long as there's, like, 4% accuracy difference between these two setups, perception is in the win. You lose some skills, but, well, you don't need that much mechanics - what for? Biology and mercantile can also take some cuts. Smth like this.

Finally, the problem with lazors is that they're way too weak. They're only good for killing sliver of health foes, otherwise, plasma and electro are just strictly better. They weren't buffed enough, unfortunately. And in the vid, I have lots of chem stuff - they're also better as side-arms.

Mercentile is utterly optional. I just like having one social skill on my characters and with such a high intelligence I felt that Mercantile can be easily fit in and it opens up the special stock of traders which can be helpful. I like Parabolus suggestion of opting for Pack Rat if you want to go trap route though Caltrops might suffice.
Thanks for the math, was too lazy to do it.

epeli

Arcane

Nice to see someone still prefers plasma and electro! Lazors became my favorite energy weapon in 1.0.3. The lower AP cost just made them so nice, even better than back before the pistol nerf. Strong enough to one-shot most enemies with crits/special attacks (on easy-hard) as soon as you craft your first decent one, usually right after Depot A. But I suppose that works better with some dex and many special attack feats. Their increased precision is also really good due to the energy pistol attribute split and once the usual crit chance/damage bonuses start to add up, lasers really shine in comparison to slower energy weapons. At about 5 shots per turn, imho they're a better primary weapon than either plasma or electro, but maybe that's just my bias - I tend to always prefer more actions per turn.

hilfazer

Scholar

6 perception, 125(146) guns = 78% chance to hit
11 perception, 125(199) guns = 79% chance to hit
My target was Plasma Sentry. I did another test, same setup but with flare and result was again 1% point.
PER does not do that much for accuracy.

Laser's damage might suck but electropistol sometimes leaves enemies at low HP, low enough for laser to finish the job. Chemguns and plasma hit harder but this is of no use if you have only 20 AP left. If not laser then SMGs or some firearm pistols. All of those options (can) have flat precision bonus and missing almost dead enemy sucks.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
We just need to get Josh Sawyer onto the Underrail team so that he can design balanced attacks that never miss. That would solve a lot of these issues.

Tigranes

Arcane
Did anybody ever make lasers/chems competent before the patch? They just never seemed to get enough numbers behind them.

I'm fucking holding out for months now for the xpack and styg you will be responsible if my testicles cannot handle the building pressure

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Laser's damage might suck but electropistol sometimes leaves enemies at low HP, low enough for laser to finish the job. Chemguns and plasma hit harder but this is of no use if you have only 20 AP left. If not laser then SMGs or some firearm pistols. All of those options (can) have flat precision bonus and missing almost dead enemy sucks.

With all that weapon - 3 energy, 2 chamical, and lot of firearm pistols, I already think, that only TWO slots for them it's too few.
Can we have at least third slot for pistols, even at the cost of separate feat Styg?
Something like "Your dexterity is so amazing, sometimes you feel like you have third arm".
Maybe that third slot only for pistols, maybe even for energy and chemical pistols, but I would definitely take it.

Ent

Savant
I just got to level 20 on this energy pistol/trapper build I made. Spent my first two bonus points getting perception to 10 and I will probably be putting everything else into INT. After getting enough crit chance gear even the laser pistols are eviscerating enemies on hard - I only wish that the circle wave amplifiers were more numerous.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
We have such feat - partially - that allow as to change item not for 50 Ap but for 25 AP, but that's a little... expensive.
If of course it's applied to items in hand slot.

razvedchiki

Erudite
when does abram leave junkyard?i placed the bug for him,lvled some and went back but abram is gone from junkyard.i thought he waits for player until his last mission?
havent found acid hunters yet in main quest line.

Hines

Savant
A 692mb update's out!
Version 1.0.3.20

Mechanics
Slow immunity will now affect the following status effects (it will only negate the slowing part, not the whole status effect): chilled, knee wound
Bugs
Fixed a rare bug with canceling a level up through the game menu
Fixed the bug that caused the game to crash when destroying cameras, burrower eggs and other inanimate object in turn-based combat with acid gun when the combat speed is increased
Fixed the bug that caused the cameras in SGS to repeatedly put you in turn-based combat when you try lockpicking/hacking in their presence
Added the missing stunned animations for hunchback mutants that are carrying objects
Fixed the bug that enabled the player to close a double door while an NPC is standing in the doorway
Minor dialog and map fixes

ciox

Liturgist
if i wanted to use psi in a a steel armor sledghammer build whats branch should i pick?psychokinesis?
Psychokinesis is probably the best support psi school before Temporal comes out, mostly because of Forcefield which doesn't sound like much but is amazing in practice.

Sykar

Arcane
if i wanted to use psi in a a steel armor sledghammer build whats branch should i pick?psychokinesis?
Psychokinesis is probably the best support psi school before Temporal comes out, mostly because of Forcefield which doesn't sound like much but is amazing in practice.

Depends what you want. Thought Control is great too offering a plethora of long lasting CC and Locus of Control is probably one of the strongest feats in the game.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Are shotguns in the game yet or do I have to still wait?

q3VH.png

q3VI.png

q3fA.png

q3fR.png

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
underrail speedhack is like getting an ssd for the pc,once you try it you cant go back :P

i use it mainly to make shops restock faster when i need some crafting stuff.

Any instructions for using the speed hack without fucking the game? how to installz

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom