Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Decline 20: Dominions 5: Defenders of the Faith

What era we play in?

• MA

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • EA

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • LA

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Kingcomrade

Votes: 11 42.3%

• Total voters

JagreenLern

Erudite
Patron
MCA Project: Eternity
Wait, just to be clear, is Atlantis AI? Who is playing it? I didn't quite get the talk about switching raw, Muty etc.
If anyone is still playing Atlantis, they should really stay the fuck out of my dominion and allow me to claim that throne, because I can see their armies, and I'm not impressed.
If you bothered to send out a scout you would've seen that our capitals are 3 provinces apart. What the fuck do you expect that I'll let you take a province right next to my cap?
Actually, I did send out a scout, I just sorta forgot that province was next to your capital. Go ahead, keep that province, just don't go for that throne, that would be a really bad idea.

mondblut

Arcane
How many turns are you in? Damn that's a lot of dead people.

That's a screenshot from my SP session. You can't expect any advanced tactics from the AI ofc, but neither you can expect them from me, and the sheer numbers are still impressive. 100 kills per commander (and further 10 per each soldier under them), that's almost SC level of performance.

Last edited:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
MA Mictlan will deal with Ys the same way I plan to deal with anybody. Spam Eagle Warriors into a billion squads and watch the new simul flight mechanics fuck everything up.

Kidding....kidding. Was joke, would prefer peace as long as those nice indie provinces are still up for grabs.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
You could counter Ys by having heaps of chaff and guys spamming cloud of sleep...

that wont work well because you'll still take plenty of casualties and costs more ...

is there any 'effective' counters to Ys ?

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I'd have loved to write a post about Ys on this map, but they told me a image has the value of thousands of words.

yz5go4X.jpg

You know that shitty copypasta mondblut has as a signature? It's kind of the stock Ys modus operandi. If he wants to stay on land, good luck at throwing him back. Sea elves, how the fuck they work (in before someone notices they are females for maximum lulz)

Speaking of images:

4m7919K.png

They had a rainbow pretender on their side. We had brands, quicken self and mistform. We won.
C'mon. Picking on R'lyeth. That's like bragging about how you won against small children. Also subtract polypal spawns, they are just for distracting stuff and making it more tired.

Compare with MA Atlantis.
Everything is good comparing to MA Atlantis. Even Therodos. :M
What about EA R'lyeth in 4.20 patch in Dom4? (Aka no recruitable units in land forts aside of priests. And no spell that allows mindlord empower mage.)

mondblut

Arcane
You could counter Ys by having heaps of chaff and guys spamming cloud of sleep...

that wont work well because you'll still take plenty of casualties and costs more ...

is there any 'effective' counters to Ys ?

Usual pony counters. Fire elementals and tramplers deal with glamour, webs and entanglement with defense. :negative:

mondblut

Arcane
So do we extend until they patch the patch?

And stop whining about countering Ys. Start whining about countering each other pls, the morvarch are getting nervous.

mondblut

Arcane
I haven't looked at the turn yet

Oh, I see. Well, too late about 101 obviously. As for the rest, inland territories are of little strategic value to us.

Last edited:

mondblut

Arcane
We rather like it there. Besides, if 3 provinces away from your capital is "too close", what does it say about 2 provinces away from mine? :smug:

This is a tightly packed world, sorry. Arco cap is 4 provinces away from mine, and he still didn't finish clearing the cap circle.

Infinitum

Scholar
Ahem.

For times immemorial Eridu and her sister cities has stood as a symbol of unity and stability in a tumultous world. In her coming, great Tiamat has in her great wisdom decreed to share this gift of reason and peace with the rest of creation. Yet even now, as word of her benevolence spreads among the populace and her shining legions pacify the surrounding lands it has become clear not everyone shares our values of bountiful coexistence and respect for the religious and political rights of our fellow beings. I speak, naturally, of Ulm. An iron inquisiton has risen in the south, and what it does not shackle in the heavy fetters of oppression, it burns. Even as we speak, the shadow of persecution has befallen our kin and those who share our values who dwell in those dim lands.

Yet ours is the way of peace, and we do not resort to force even in the face of these monstrous indignities to freedom, justice and all that is good in this world. In light of this, and to better evaluate this threat to our people, Her Benevolence has authorized the use of aerial surveillance to continously monitor the situation and document any use of force or coercion towards those wishing to share our faith. In order to protect themselves from countryside bandits in these uncivilized lands, and unwarranted aggression from encroaching Ulmish forces she has reluctantly authorized these units to utilize limited quantities of Humane and Lawful hydroflouric acid for strictly defensive purposes.

Regretfully, these scouts have, under extreme duress, been forced to use these diplomatic tools of last resort to safeguard their lives in the face of unprovoked Ulmish attacks during the exectuion of their lawfully recognized duty. In order to protect these patriots, and to protect the local populace from thieves and religius persecutions, small numbers of Enkidu border officers have been dispatched as a peacekeeping force until such a time a political solution can be negotiated.

As patron of the people of Uruk, Tiamat strongly Condemns these acts of aggression towards Enkidu lives and property and implore her Ulmish counterpart to immediatly cease his religious persecution, to recognize the borders of her neighbours, to respect international norms and treaties and to contribute meaningfully to the peaceful resolution to this crisis of his making.

bVPJfCD.png

:troll:

Last edited:

mondblut

Arcane
Ooooh, we've got a war looming? The Morgenberg & Daughters, Co will be happy to sell weapons to both sides!

mondblut

Arcane
Sorry, Dayyalu has heroically created the least clear list of players and nations I have ever seen. Super confusing to the eyes.

So, can someone put together an up to date list of who the fuck plays what? I am sure some folks have changed their picks at least thrice since the game was announced, and I am sure whatever's written on llamaserver is no longer true?

Dayyālu

Arcane
Sorry, Dayyalu has heroically created the least clear list of players and nations I have ever seen. Super confusing to the eyes.

So, can someone put together an up to date list of who the fuck plays what? I am sure some folks have changed their picks at least thrice since the game was announced, and I am sure whatever's written on llamaserver is no longer true?

It's updated and correct. I don't get why it's difficult to read, but I'll , I don't know, do it easier for your poor needs? Maybe I'll write it in cyrillic cursive?

Seriously, it's difficult to read NAME NATION?

Sometimes....

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
I can confirm that. I managed to mistake a player for another but that's due to me being a retard. Day's handy little list has shown me the errors of my way and was like a shining quest beacon, guiding my following PMs.

...why did u remove all those quest notes from it, though? In 10 turns time I'll forget about sqeecoo manning the forges of backstabbing and he'll scheme me into an alliance or something. I already know it...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom