Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline PS4 wins the console war against XboxONE, yet it is a hollow victory as Consolesdämmerung is upon us

Reapa

Doom Preacher
why would i? i'm just making a point. the point is that consoletards in this thread talk about 4k graphics and numbers of cores and and ram and blue ray and shit and nobody mentions that the shit doesn't even come with an ssd.

Perkel

Arcane
What are you fucking console tard to have SSD ?
PC master race is all about M.2 these days bitch.

Gerrard

Arcane
:necro:

You may not like it, but this is what peak PS4 Pro performance looks like.

CvLbIof.jpg

:prosper:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

You may not like it, but this is what peak PS4 Pro performance looks like.

CvLbIof.jpg

:prosper:
So Gran Turismo is not focusing on the scenery. Like EVERY racing game ever? Not even the PC ones. And do you know why? Because the player is not stopping during a race to admire the detailed bushes and trees. But I'm sure if you would develop a racing game you would waste precious processing power to render high def scenery because you are fucking genius.

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane
What else are they supposed to use "all that processing power" on, exactly? By your logic you wouldn't need high quality car models during a race either.

B-B-B-BUT MUH 4K
>checkerboard rendering

Statements like these are weird. Most console gamers outside of Nintendo don't even buy their exclusives, they mostly play multiplatform games.

Maybe, but I bet when buying a console the impetus is a singular highly desired game. Especially in this instance when we're talking a $500 machine vs. playing with slightly worse graphices on the old ones.

sullynathan

Arcane
Statements like these are weird. Most console gamers outside of Nintendo don't even buy their exclusives, they mostly play multiplatform games.

Maybe, but I bet when buying a console the impetus is a singular highly desired game. Especially in this instance when we're talking a $500 machine vs. playing with slightly worse graphices on the old ones.
In reality that highly desired game is the most popular 3rd party game, that's why the 3rd party games heavily outsell the exclusives.

Cross

Arcane

A bunch of guys at my job often talking about gaming, to the point that I can sometimes overhear multiple gaming-related conversations during the same work day. Some of them recently bought a PS4 to play multiplayer with each other.

On all those occasions, the only game I ever heard them talk about was the latest Call of Duty except for possibly one occasion where I believe the latest FIFA was mentioned.

This is how the vast majority of people plays games.

Last edited:

Cross

Arcane

The object pop-in is so bad that it makes hiding difficult, because the object a player might be hiding behind or under often doesn't pop in until the other player has already seen them.:prosper:

And why am I not surprised that Digital Fountry glossed over how much of a technical trainwreck the game is? If it wasn't already clear from how much their 'analysis' videos are biased towards consoles, it's painfully obvious they have a vested interest in maintaining the narrative that console hardware is on par with PC's.

Last edited:

flyingjohn

Arcane

The object pop-in is so bad that it makes hiding difficult, because the object a player might be hiding behind or under often doesn't pop in until the other player has already seen them.:prosper:

And why am I not surprised that Digital Fountry glossed over how much of a technical trainwreck the game is? If it wasn't already clear from how much their 'analysis' videos are biased towards consoles, it's painfully obvious they have a vested interest in maintaining the narrative that console hardware is on par with PC's.

Devs who have no idea how to optimize for a platform with unlimited hardware can't optimize for limited hardware.
News at 11.
Also digital foundry is horrible for any modern game analysis,most of the time they are just a frame counter with useless insight.
But their retro game analysis(like doom and the 32x) are pretty much the best on you tube.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA

Was reading some of my messages from 2013, where I predicted that AAA-industry might die due ever increasing budgets...it looks like it has stalled since then, or do I have a wrong impression that there haven't been FUCKING HUGE games in the couple last years, such as we had in the earlier in the decade with GTA 5 and some other games? Will be interesting to see if I was right about this generation of consoles being the last traditional console generation. The success of Nintendo Switch has been a bit surprising, but Nintendo seemed to hit the homerun with the console you can play from the telly and take with you.

From all the console manufacturers and big game developers, I think I dislike Nintendo the least, at least they straightly say that they don't do politics, they just want people to have fun, which I can respect... although the soyboy thing is off-putting. With the rumors that Google is making their own console, god I hope it fails horribly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom