Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity + The White March Expansion Thread

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I disagree with the Int effectiveness assessment. Duration is one thing (although doubling short base durations is not bad at all), but more important is the aoe radius. Very important in a game which constantly throws hordes of enemies your way. It's even the most important stats for many Barbarian builds (Carnage aoe range + Frenzy duration). And for wizards its doubly important, as not only does it increase the duration and aoes of their spells, but many of their spells have friendly fire. Well, not so in the Intelligence enlarged aoe ring. So with Int you can position huge aoes, safe for your comrades.

Dex affects action speed, so is hardly a dump stat either, except maybe for dual-wielders which can get near 0 Recovery easily anyway. I'd say it's particularly important for casters though, especially ones without Deleterous Alacricity of Motion (I don't count pots).

Iznaliu

Arbiter
They're not changing everything, just making a few significant quality-of-life tweaks.

I don't think Jason Liang was implying that they were changing everything; he was merely saying that they should change everything.

Prime Junta

There have been slapfights about DEX here. Some people (TM) claim that DEX is the no-brainer pump stat for everyone except pure tanks, because it translates directly to attack speed and therefore damage.

I've often run with builds that trade off DEX for PER and have been happy with the results. Crits are noice, whether we're talking DD or status effects.

I'm also with Haplo on the importance of INT wizards, druids, and barbarians and (to a lesser extent) priests. In the tougher fights durations become super important, equally for buffs, CC, and hazards, and a barb with a shitty Carnage radius is just a sub-par fighter.

High-DEX, low-INT ciphers do work pretty well though since the faster attack rate ----> faster Focus build-up ----> more frequent casting makes up for the shorter durations. This trade-off doesn't work for wizards and druids, moreso as casts are rest-limited. (insert :argh: about P2DF)

Reinhardt

Arcane
Sooooo... Is there any level cap remover for PoE? My party is lvl 15 after finishing act 2. I still have WM2 to finish - only cleared mines, didn't even set foot in Cragholdt, lots of bounties and such, but it's just not fun.

Slower exp progression would be even better, but i guess it's too late for this.

Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected
There is none. A level 16 party is already godlike anyay, more bonii to accuracy and defenses would trivialize the game even more.

Reinhardt

Arcane
more bonii to accuracy and defenses would trivialize the game even more.
I don't think you can trivialize it even more. I can kill everything already. It's just i don't want to read walls of text for the sake of reading walls of text.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Then don't read them. PoE gets really boring around level 9ish due to how overpowered you are, depending on the party composition. I recommend getting rid of the Priest and Cipher if you have any of those.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Not if his PC is one....

Ah, unless you mean
ER6ddvN.png

Yeah, actually, I didn't think of the possibility that his PC could be either one. Your suggestion is good, too.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I recommend getting rid of the Priest and Cipher if you have any of those.

Eh, at level 9+ I've found the Wizard more impactful then the Cipher. Early on, sure, Cipher's unlimited casts are a great boon, but later Wizard spell spam was more valuable - when it actually counts.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Eh, at level 9+ I've found the Wizard more impactful then the Cipher. Early on, sure, Cipher's unlimited casts are a great boon, but later Wizard spell spam was more valuable - when it actually counts.

I don't think the Wizard has an IWIN button in the same crazily overpowered vein as Amplified Wave. Then Defensive Mindweb. Since he's level 15 he already has access to Defensive Mindweb, making everything after that even more of a waste of time snoozefest.

Reinhardt

Arcane

Reinhardt

Arcane
I think, i will start over and this time i will take only females in my party. And will use ie mod with slower xp progression.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Yes, i hope WM2 can provide some good fights, but main game i think i've already won with whatever. No level scaling can fix it.

WM2 fights are the best in the entire game. You brute force through them, though, because lol Amplified Wave and Defensive Mindweb + the entire Priest class.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
But first i need some animu portraits. At least for Maneha and Devil...

The infestation is creeping further and further into the places of refuge. At the end of it, I will be stuck up a tower, staring at hordes of catgirls fucking each other below while the Codex cheers.

gunman

Arcane
Developer
Guys, I just reinstalled first time after the addition of "Deadfire pack" and something is wrong with the graphics. First I cannot zoom to a very close level as before. Second, character portraits, some UI elements and even the landscape seems blurry and more ugly than I remember. Don't tell me they changed the graphic shader like it was the case with BG Turd Edition when they uglified it in the patch 2.0 !
It also seem more sluggish on the lowest quality setting.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Someone else was having blurry graphics / blurry text over on the Torment 2 thread... might hold a clue and turn out to be something driver-related. FWIW I recently re-installed PoE w/ DLCs (incl. Deadfire) bringig it up to 3.07 patch version, obviously a pirated edition, had zero graphical troubles and performed better than before.

(I never bought the DLC).

Citizen

Guys, I just reinstalled first time after the addition of "Deadfire pack" and something is wrong with the graphics. First I cannot zoom to a very close level as before. Second, character portraits, some UI elements and even the landscape seems blurry and more ugly than I remember. Don't tell me they changed the graphic shader like it was the case with BG Turd Edition when they uglified it in the patch 2.0 !
It also seem more sluggish on the lowest quality setting.

I had similar problem with some older games - FXAA made UI and text blurry. Maybe you just have it turned on in the videocard settings.

gunman

Arcane
Developer
Something was definitely changed with game, because they changed the zoom min/max values. I had to use the console to unlock closer zoom as it was allowed before. You can see in the opening scene with the caravan campfire, before, when the conversation initiated, it was zoomed in.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Sawyer Dindu Nuffin.. !!

Sawyer wanted 150 maps and refused to give in. This was one of the reasons why the game was behind schedule in 2014 and had to be delayed.

Good thing we had those 30 extra maps. What would the game of been without Forest 2A filled with bears and goblins.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom