Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Review RPG Codex Retrospective Review: Pillars of Eternity Revisited

Prime Junta

Sorry Roguey, I don't have your encyclopedic memory for all things Josh. Thanks.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Yes, PoE is practically impactless mediocre, but perfectly serviceable game. It's hardly the apocalypse. If not for the unnecessary attention given to the game here, it would already be forgotten. Literally, has nothing going on for it

It's got plenty of attention outside the Codex.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Grunker said:
if you are good enough, you will face off against two dragons AND an archmage (I had to give up on that one and solve it through dialogue – making it the only fight in Pillars I have not beat).
Obviously, after reading that, I had to try...

kI0jGav.jpg

You probably played on a Path of the Damned, though, while I am only playing on Hard in this playthrough.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
You probably played on a Path of the Damned, though, while I am only playing on Hard in this playthrough.

Was going to goldfist you until I saw this! Mico my man, PotD is the only way to fly. You're robbing yourself by not playing on it!

Diggfinger

Arcane

Was going to goldfist you until I saw this! Mico my man, PotD is the only way to fly. You're robbing yourself by not playing on it!

Thanks for a great review/retrospective Grunker .
I kick-started PoE but could never play it as my previous PC couldn't run it.

GOG is having White March I + II for sale at 14EUR. Giving your in-depth review, this seems a great deal for tons of content so will buy it.
:positive:

Path of the Damned difficulty is available immediately, it's not unlock-able right?

PS. er du dansker?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Yeah Path of the Damned is available instantly, and there's no way around the fact that it's almost a different game on that difficulty.

Og jep, jeg er dansker :)

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Its the same shit, only bigger numbers.

You can use this sort of extremely reductionistic approach to argue that almost any game's difficulty has no real effect on anything. From what I've heard, PoE's PoTD has a real effect on the tactics and strategies that are needed.

Lhynn

Arcane
You can use this sort of extremely reductionistic approach to argue that almost any game's difficulty has no real effect on anything.
I could, and id be right. PoE isnt the only shallow and retarded game that features this kind of difficulty.

From what I've heard, PoE's PoTD has a real effect on the tactics and strategies that are needed.
Youve heard wrong, its retardedly easy even on PoTD from a tactical or strategical standpoint. The only real added difficulty is more busywork.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom