Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Comfy games to play in Christmas

virgin_newfag

Novice
As you all know, the only peace in this world is waking up on Dec 25th with the snow outside and the only thought of playing the comfy game you chose for the holidays, you know, that one full of stats to lose yourself into, or with that very relaxing nocturnal setting or world to explore.

Post your comfiest Christmas games

laclongquan

Arcane
Patrician III Hanseatic League, bitch~ The excel list game of excel list game where you build up a medieval network of sea transport and town production.

Port Royale 2 is nice but its tropical atmosphere does not suit a moody winter snow day. While the miserable North European climate suit it to perfection.

CreamyBlood

Arcane
Doom 3 of course. It fulfills all of your requirements as it has stats, is dark and involves exploration plus it's pretty darn cold on Mars.

doom_3_wallpaper_by_carnagex333.jpg

Beastro

Arcane
My take is not something that feels appropriate to play around Christmas but things I did play around the time as a kid that really left an imprint on my memory and evoke the season in retrospect.

For me it would be not even a game but a part of a game: The World of Ruin in FFIII, which I'd gotten to during a playthrough around Christmas time, especially the burning building part the day my class sung Christmas songs that evening for an event at the high school auditorium nearby our elementary school.

Others were getting those little bits of tech to combine my PS1 and my cousins to play Command and Conquer together and with my bro (who always won, fucking ruthless RTS player) on two TVs, using the good old 4WayPlay I got to play General Chaos together or simply split screening Herzog Zwei.

Other games had their own feel from when I played them with a lot being played in Autumn due to being released then, like FFVII and Xenogears when I got them around Halloween or playing a bunch of rented games in the summer, especially in '98 like Ace Combat 2 and Blasto as well as messing with the Sega Channel at my cousins when they had it before it got shut down (says it was discontinued at the end of July '98, but I could've sworn I was playing it in August of '98 or '99.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Deus Ex is my comfiest game, especially Paris.
Ahhhh man with taste!
Another great game to play around Christmas is Thief trilogy.
For this year game,go for Spellforce 3 or ELEX. By Christmas Spellforce should be fixed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom