Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline cosmic bane is a dirty liar

Cosmic Bane

Educated
Case in point: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/fuck-unity.119423/page-6#post-5410935

Brags about doing something better than anyone else yet refuses to show his 'amazing' work. This is not the codex way and that's all that needs to be said, good day.

First off I said there's a million people who can do the same right off the bat, and never said I was amazing in any way. So you, like Lady Error, are simply a butthurt liar. Hint: there is a direct quotation facility provided by the board, if you can't use that to prove your claims then it's because you are filthy liar.

Furthermore you are an 18-19 year old dimwit who does not have any education and or professional programming experience talking about shit you don't know the first thing about.

Most important of all, no one cares. There is only one possible way to atone for your sins now.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
Furthermore you are an 18-19 year old dimwit who does not
have any education and or professional programming experience talking about shit you don't know the first thing about.

All I did was call you out on your bullshit, I don't claim to know anything, you on the other hand:

And yeah if I (one guy) can make a game engine in my spare time with much better performance and where every single component is written by me, then I would expect a huge team to be able to do the same and make everything slick and well-fit together. Cobbling a bunch of libraries together (especially faggy open source shit) makes for an instant nightmare where nothing you can do after that can make things recover. That is why I eventually gave up on Ogre, it is a frankenbeast and no matter what you do you really can't fix it without just shoveling dirt on it and starting over.

My engine does not have all his gewgaws but it does have a pretty big laundry list of stuff in it, enough for AAA game of 2010 basically. It also has everything from scratch so no dependencies bullshit like most engines. I don't know what it took exactly but something like 6 months, in my spare time.

If I speak about something related to programming usually I've asked someone in the game industry first and gotten their take on it, here I'll show you what they have to say:

9b85183d2c.png

To be fair, all I want is to see some of this amazing "2010 AAA work" you've done. It could be the greatest thing in the world for all I know but there's only one way to find out.

Last edited:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Cosmic Bane sounds like Shitbeard Necklord. Pretty sure it's the same guy.
The same lies and made up bullshit. Did you know he's an expert at literally EVERYTHING? Anything in existence, he knows about it and can do better than what everyone else does.

And of course he has a game engine in development that's going to be the best thing ever. I mean what pathological liar on the internet doesn't? :lol:

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Cosmic Bane sounds like Shitbeard Necklord. Pretty sure it's the same guy.
The same lies and made up bullshit. Did you know he's an expert at literally EVERYTHING? Anything in existence, he knows about it and can do better than what everyone else does.
And he's of course the most intelligent person on this site by a large margin. It bears the question what intelligent creature gets banned time and again, always to return with a new alt to again behave in the exact same manner that got him banned in the first place and never really "gets" the message to fuck off and grace somebody else with his valuable presence? Makes you think...

Cosmic Bane

Educated
And he's of course the most intelligent person on this site by a large margin.
I didn't say that, you did. Somehow I doubt you have IQ in my league but how do I know that. But I never said anything about you did I.

It bears the question what intelligent creature gets banned time and again,
lies
always to return with a new alt to again behave in the exact same manner
and also lies, I have never been banned for bad behavior. I treat people with respect who show the same courtesy to me. Usually even if they don't, so long as they don't throw a shitfit.
that got him banned in the first place and never really "gets" the message to fuck off and grace somebody else with his valuable presence? Makes you think...

Now who is arrogant beyond reason?

I like some people on the site, I can care less about the rest. I don't hate you but if you were on fire I would not bother to piss on you to put it out, let alone make up a whole new persona to please you.

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
The user Pretty is obviously a paid Unity shill or employee. DosBuster is probably just a mentally retarded, autistic teenager who made some pewpew in Unity and is very upset I crushed his dreams of making the next Mass Effect.

This incarnation is certainly ruder than the last one. Maybe it's the lack of cute, sad-eyed blue pooch to give the comments a more irreverent air of je-ne-sais-quoi.

Cosmic Bane

Educated
All I did was call you out on your bullshit, I don't claim to know anything, you on the other hand:

If I speak about something related to programming usually I've asked someone in the game industry first and gotten their take on it, here I'll show you what they have to say:

9b85183d2c.png

To be fair, all I want is to see some of this amazing "2010 AAA work" you've done. It could be the greatest thing in the world for all I know but there's only one way to find out.

Oh boy. I put you on ignore for being a retard, but I saw this after I logged out :lol:

I know who fat retard Oberon Command is. He is a self taught programmer like almost every retard on gamedev.net, including the "professional game programmers". It is fucking hilarious to point out some OTHER gaming forum for "professional programmers" especially gamedev.net which is incredibly full of moronic posers.

I'd be more than happy to measure my edick with any of the high post count posters there in real life, they would be absolutely humiliated (as they were when I actually posted there). I have more talent and experience programming in the tip of my penis than they have in their whole bodies. The problem is I don't want to get harassed in real life for my non programming posts the way I was harassed off the gamedev board for not aggreeing with all the insane leftists who post political drivel there (and the moderators then lied about it and made up stories about me).

There are some real programmers who don't suck a dick there but they are all people who have a relatively low post count, and many of them have been driven off by the high post count leftist retards who pretend to be professional programmers but in reality can't do jack shit and never even went to college to learn to program. Gamedev.net used to be kind of useful sometimes but now it is a wasteland of complete garbage and an utter waste of time.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Post examples of your code
"Do not give what is holy to the dogs, nor cast your pearls before swine." Not only would you not understand the most difficult code snippets without context, but more importantly the snippets don't represent anything. An elegant architecture of a big project along with easily readable code does, and that requires someone to share their entire project, and for you to read it for hours.

If you reject form and only inspect substance, neckbeard shitlord sounds more coherent than 99% codexers.

PrettyDeadman

Not only would you not understand the most difficult code snippets without context, but more importantly the snippets don't represent anything. An elegant architecture of a big project along with easily readable code does, and that requires someone to share their entire project, and for you to read it for hours.
You could always give the context by explaining a problem you tried to solve with the code you posted.
I am sure a big project would have more than one problem which was solved there, and if it has an elegant architecture - understanding a snippet of code solving one problem require reading THE WHOLE project, otherwise it's a mess with shitty architecture.

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom