Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nice game intros

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Original War, American intro:

Fallout: Tactics:

Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl:

Nexus: The Jupiter Incident:

Beastro

Arcane
90s intros were so good, even the ones that were objectively awful. Almost all really gave a try to establish the premise and get you sucked itno things.

Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion:

I really liked that story of SotSE. Made me wish it had been ut into any other game but a campaignless RTS. :(

Axe Father

Savant
My favourite intro of all time was already posted (Descent: Freespace) so I'll have to whip out my runner up.

Creepy child narrating the dark history of humanity's bleak future. Arcane references to shit like "the Third and Final Coming of Prometheus". Mechs blasting the hell out of each other with big dumb disembodied heads turning dramatically towards the camera in space. How could you hate an intro that tries this hard? Hilariously cool.

In honour of all the Resident Evil love in this thread, here's my favourite RE intro as well.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron

Tbh i wasn't massively into quake but i always loved this intro. Feel the sound and ost really capture the feel of a drop gone totally wrong, your buddies all being slaughtered and you being the last man standing in a hostile environment that just wants you to die horribly. Kinda like what Doom is meant to be according to the story bits in the manual.

Thought this intro was mind blowing back in the day. God i miss the gpolice series. And psygnosis in general
:negative:

Sticking to the futuristic cop theme, this is an old ps1 favorite of mine that seems to have been forgotten by most.

Last edited:

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
Most of my favourite PC intros were already posted so I'll go with some stuff I like from PSX games:

awesome music here

Eurocuck version had a different song...this is the version I played.

Later AC games have better intros, but 'muh psx nostalgia' etc.

PorkBarrellGuy

It's safe to conclude that intro's have suffered heavily from the general decline :argh:
Well, MechWarrior 4's intro was sort of meh (not godawful but something about it just wasn't as good) compared to the previous entries in the series IMO, MechCommander 2's and MW4: Mercs' intros were both absolute garbage... so yeah.

otsego

Cipher
"It's one of those Silencers"
"I don't think medics are gonna help this one"
Badass intro.

"STOP. THIEF."
That music though...

Homeworld intro (and cutscenes in general) was something special.

Here's the original:

And the remastered version:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom