Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Soul Calibur VI

Not even sure if this is the right thread but I always love it when fighting games make it to PC and we're about to get my favorite one:

If they keep the customer character creator intact expect a fun modding scene to emerge.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I can only hope that if they're revisiting the chronology and characters of the earlier games in the series, they'll also restore actual fighting game mechanics, jettisoning the nonsense that was introduced in Soul Calibur V.

Falksi

Arcane
Soul Blade still remains the best. The sequels just don't flow like that did.

Hope this returns the series to that type of feel.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
- Sophitia: Checked
- Sophitia revealing costume: Checked
- Sophitia tits according with the official timeline:

Soul-Calibur-breast-chart.jpg

Checked

No doubt, this is a true Soul calibur. :incline:

Soul calibur V had some good ideas but the execution was poorly. The decision of refreshing the roster was great, but in the end they added a lot of new characters which filled old roles. Which doesn't have any sense to me. Also, they dumbed down incredibly the number of moves of every character. Ivy got extremely simplificated, losing her different weapon modes. And they game lacked offline modes. Story mode was bland as hell, though at the end I liked Phyrrah (Omega) at the end. Soul calibur IV was better than this in that generation, also included Darth vader. Which makes it objectively a great game instantly.

Funfact: The design of the characters in that trailer reflect that the game is a kind of "remake" of the first Soul calibur. Or is settled in that era at least.

Falksi

Arcane
Soul Blade still remains the best. The sequels just don't flow like that did.

Hope this returns the series to that type of feel.

That opening was so fucking awesome.

Ah, quality :)

Whole game was the series at it's peak. Been some decent entries in the series since, but nowt ever quite captured the feel & overall game balance which Soul Blade had.

Be nice if this entry manages to recapture that magic.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I spent hundreds of hours making fighters in SC3 and playing that shitty "RPG". Load times on PS2 were insane.

newtmonkey

Arcane
Falksi
Soul Blade opening still gives me chills to this day. Some of the scenes in that look like they could have been made in the last few years, due to the quality of the animation and overall production. That kickass song just seals the deal.

[Edit] That game was my first introduction to PSX. I knew about the system, saw it in magazines, etc., but the first time I ever saw it in person was when a friend back in high school invited me over and had somehow modded his console to play CDRs. This was very early on in the PSX's life, so I have no idea how he managed to get it modded so soon. First game he popped in was Soul Blade, and watching that intro was amazing indeed. I went and got a PSX along with Soul Blade, Tekken 2, and Wild Arms as soon as possible!

Falksi

Arcane
Falksi
Soul Blade opening still gives me chills to this day. Some of the scenes in that look like they could have been made in the last few years, due to the quality of the animation and overall production. That kickass song just seals the deal.

[Edit] That game was my first introduction to PSX. I knew about the system, saw it in magazines, etc., but the first time I ever saw it in person was when a friend back in high school invited me over and had somehow modded his console to play CDRs. This was very early on in the PSX's life, so I have no idea how he managed to get it modded so soon. First game he popped in was Soul Blade, and watching that intro was amazing indeed. I went and got a PSX along with Soul Blade, Tekken 2, and Wild Arms as soon as possible!

Good times mate :bro:

I don't think any 3-D fighting game has quite perfected the balance Soul Blade had. Speed, power, excitement, depth, etc. It all just seemed to fall so spot on for that game.

Irata

Scholar
I don't know which one was on the Dreamcast, but that's the only one I've played. I'd say it is my second favorite fighting franchise (despite playing only one of them). Street Fighter will always be my top fighter because of my nostalgia for SF2 though.

I just hope they manage to put in some sort of crossplay. Without it the PC multiplayer scene will be small and filled with people who are much better than me. I can't have that!

Mark Richard

Arcane
All I can think about is Andrzej Sapkowski. :lol: It's not enough for CD PROJEKT to create an award-winning series and overshadow the books. Now Geralt's a worldwide icon they're moving into huge cross-promotional deals.

"I was stupid enough to sell them rights to the whole bunch," he says. "They offered me a percentage of their profits. I said, 'No, there will be no profit at all - give me all my money right now! The whole amount.' It was stupid. I was stupid enough to leave everything in their hands because I didn't believe in their success. But who could foresee their success? I couldn't."

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
I really had a lot of fun when I played soul calibur 5 on my friend's ps3 years ago. Nice to see this will be coming out on PC. How extensive is the singleplayer, because I don't intend on involving humans in my video games.

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I think the current Geralt has a distinct appearance, enough to be remembered by the mainstream "geek culture", yet in the first game he basically looks like a medieval Sephiroth from FFVII. Hpw much of this is the work of CDPR's character designer?

A horse of course

Waifu maker confirmed (with 10000000000000 dollaroonies of DLC ofc).

Shame the game looks so last-gen, visually. I feel like there hasn't been much of a graphical change since Soul Calibur IV on the 360.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom