Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Bloodborne 2 (probably)

Lahey

Laheyist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/tech/ga...dborne-reveal-for-fans-ahead-of-Sony-PSX-2017
In April, there was a career opportunity ad posted on Silicon Studio’s Agent website which is advertising a temporary job for a 2D designer who would be working on a 3D action RPG for home consoles, which is based on a "dark fantasy, realistic world view." Clearly, the thing to point out here is that this job ad does not mention FromSoftware's name as the company this potential 2D designer would be working for, so it needs to be treated as just a rumour for the time being.

However, there is one rather interesting line to take away from this advert which some games online seem to believe is cast iron proof that it can't be any company other than FromSoftware. In one rather important line, the job ad states that the company headquarters of the developer are seven minutes from the Sasazuka station on the Keio Line in Tokyo. FromSoftware are coincidentally seven minutes from the Sasazuka station on the Keio Line in Tokyo - in fact, they even mention this bit of travel trivia on their own website.

"Interestingly, the ad is for a short-term temporary job, which means that it should be for a specific game, probably in a quite advanced development phase." suggests dualshockers.com "Temporary staffers are normally brought in to increase the output of assets (in this case textures for characters and environments) when a company’s own staff can’t meet the demand fully."

Some months back Dark Souls Director Hidetaka Miyazaki also mentioned that one of the games he’s working on will “probably comply with the expectations of the fans in a straightforward manner.”

Could this be Bloodborne 2 for the PS4? Quite possibly, because when you consider that FromSoftware producers Teruyuki Toriyama and Masaaki Yamagiwa confirmed last year that they were working on an “existing IP”.
This teaser played at the gayme awards earlier:

A1fTD7v.jpg

If you do a search, you'll see a bunch of sites sharing the same speculation. Sony will likely keep it exclusive like last time.

Martius

Liturgist
Probably its something different than Bloodborne 2. That would be announced at Sony event.

Last edited:

bert

Arcane
Asian writing on the scroll, and the tagline sounds like something from Tenchu, which was also developed by From Software.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I think it's reliable. Aquire and K2 developed all the real Tenchu games while FromSoftware and Polygon Magic developed those two spin-offs.

Perkel

Arcane
Same font as previous Bloodborne trailers so B2 for sure.

I wonder in what direction they will go. Will it be the same never ending cycle like DS or they will completely change city etc. Also B2 should have finally lot of weapons. B1 weapons were like 25 or something and few guns

Perkel

Arcane
I hope it's not Bloodborne 2, because I wish it to be multiplatform.

Yeah i would rather see new project from them rather than going B2. B1 was amazing game but exclusivity means less people will be able to play it.

Though i would kill for Bluepoint remake of DeS1.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

https://www.dualshockers.com/fromsoftware-info-coming-year/

If you’re curious about the nature of the game teased today by FromSoftware during The Game Awards show, you’re certainly not alone, but looks like further information are a ways off.

Yasuhiro Kitao, who works on promotion and communication at From Software, gave a rather wide time frame on his personal Twitter account.

In a similar Tweet in Japanese, he says “It’s still a while ahead, but we won’t make you wait for a year for the next report.” This means that more than “in a year” as the tweet in English reads, it’s more a matter of “within” a year. Still, the wait is probably going to be very long.

If the name Yasuhiro Kitao sounds familiar, it probably is. He used to work in the same role at Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan and Asia. After leaving the house of PlayStation in May, he moved on to From Software, with which he had worked extensively during the promotion of Bloodborne.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
My bet is also in Bloodborne 2. Good for me, although I would prefer a PC release game to get 60 FPS.

I don't understand the people so excited about a Demon's Souls remake. Of course it would be sweet to have an improved definitive version of DeS, but I prefer to get new games and franchises.

Also B2 should have finally lot of weapons. B1 weapons were like 25 or something and few guns

From what I've seen though the weapons in Bloodborne have a much more distinct feel to them compared to DS. They all look "handcrafted" while Dark Souls uses the traditional rpg approach with a giant list of weapons full of generic swords and shields.

Having 30-something weapons all with their own distinct movesets\fighting styles feels about right for me.

Perkel

Arcane
Also B2 should have finally lot of weapons. B1 weapons were like 25 or something and few guns

From what I've seen though the weapons in Bloodborne have a much more distinct feel to them compared to DS. They all look "handcrafted" while Dark Souls uses the traditional rpg approach with a giant list of weapons full of generic swords and shields.

Having 30-something weapons all with their own distinct movesets\fighting styles feels about right for me.

Disagree.

With DS you might not like basic moveset of some weapon but there will be variant that will have slightly different moveset, range etc to make it viable for you. Like there are several spears in DS games ranging from short spears to pikes or lances. So you may not like a bit spears but you will find something interesting for you that will make spears viable to you.

In case of BB it is either you like it or not because there is no other weapon like that.

I loved initial whip in BB but found old hunters one completely wrong to use because it was heavy weapon. I would love whip with huge range that doesn't feel like i am using flail rather than whip.

I would love sidestepping to be in DS games though. Rolling is such primitive concept now that is jarring.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I would love sidestepping to be in DS games though. Rolling is such primitive concept now that is jarring.
It's literally the same concept, just with different numbers(sidestep goes further and faster).

Perkel

Arcane
It's literally the same concept, just with different numbers(sidestep goes further and faster).

No it isn't. Sidestep in minute adjustment while rolling is half the fucking mile, especially with light builds.
Imo sidestepping at 3/4 of BB length would be perfect.

Or even better give me like TW3 ability to both roll and sidestep at will. BB had it but you had to lock on character making it useless for no lock builds using heavy weapons.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
The only good Tenchu games are the first 2. After that the series just went downhill non-stop. The only major problem these 2 games have is the view distance wich is very small.

Anyway just hoping it isn't a Bloodborne sequel since SONY still has the rights to it.

Ash

Arcane
The only Tenchu game FromSoftware developed was that downloadable top-down XBawks game Shadow Assault :decline:

And PSP Versions of K2 LLC's Tenchu games.
The original Tenchu dev studio was Acquire, back when the games were good. FROM is partially responsible for the decline for publishing the later games.

The only good Tenchu games are the first 2..

The third was also worthwhile, if a bit derivative. Fatal Shadows and beyond were just incredibly mediocre though.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So wtf is written on that parchment? No chinks ITT?

Btw awesome news. After the disappointment that was PGW I sure as fuck didn't expect From to announce anything at some shitty Games Award event. Miyazaki, the eternal troll.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom