Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

inXile General Discussion Thread

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'm pumped!

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
A lot of girls with colorful hair and... Jasede ?
eab4cfe15e10a4be6c5128789bd95376_original.png

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
My google alert for "inxile" just sent me an email about a new Kickstarter reference, but there is nothing new there.

Maybe something will popup there.
Numenera 2,it will have 3 millions worlds and 6 battle encounters! If you kickstart them now they will get H. P. Lovecraft to write a character!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

http://www.dicesummit.org/events/2018_roundtables.asp

Brian Fargo
Owner
inXile entertainment

Title TBD

Ever since the early days of Nintendo there has been a debate about the need for a curated game distribution. The small developer saw curation as a tool for the larger companies to shut them out of a marketplace while the larger companies worried about a system with no gates. Thanks to the toolsets of Unity and Unreal it is easy for small companies to push games out at an unprecedented rate. We've seen the results of this in the iOS store and the PC digital space appears to be hitting the same saturation levels. What are the solutions to the friction of giving developers visibility opportunity without moving to a fully closed system?

February 22nd.

Cross

Arcane
the topic of curated game distribution and other possible ways to showcase developers in the future
Looks like Fargo found another scapegoat for T:ToN's abysmal sales.

Codex Year of the Donut

http://www.dicesummit.org/events/2018_roundtables.asp

Brian Fargo
Owner
inXile entertainment

Title TBD

Ever since the early days of Nintendo there has been a debate about the need for a curated game distribution. The small developer saw curation as a tool for the larger companies to shut them out of a marketplace while the larger companies worried about a system with no gates. Thanks to the toolsets of Unity and Unreal it is easy for small companies to push games out at an unprecedented rate. We've seen the results of this in the iOS store and the PC digital space appears to be hitting the same saturation levels. What are the solutions to the friction of giving developers visibility opportunity without moving to a fully closed system?

February 22nd.

Make a product worth buying and it would get visibility.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
BTW, now we know that Fargo's talk at DICE will likely just be a huge ad for his new game store, taking about just how they will disrupt the way digital retailers work, etc...

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Hey, inXile will announce their "new strategic investor" soon: https://venturebeat.com/2018/01/20/...chain-is-key-to-an-alternative-pc-game-store/

GamesBeat: So, is [Robot Cache] a post-retirement thing?

Brian Fargo: Hey, I got a lot to do in the next three years. I have to make my biggest impact. I’m in a hurry. At inXile, we’re going to announce we have a new strategic investor, which is a huge deal, in the next week or two. You’ll want to know about that. It’s around a product. I have a particular piece of talent. It’s a new category we’re going into. It’s a pretty big play. But not as big as this.

(This interview is from last week btw.)

I guess he's referring to that open world survival VR RPG.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom