Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Disco Elysium Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Cael

Arcane
That container pic is just begging to have a nuka-cola vending machine photoshopped into it...

Just saying :D

Cael

Arcane
Ugh, given how some of my friends guzzle the damned things IRL, an intravenous version would save them a lot of time...

Delterius

Arcane
This is advanced roleplaying. In most of the recent cRPGs you can´t really walk toward things. It´s more about smashing kobolds. We offer none of that. Puuure walking.
Does the tower dispense copies of The Secret? Can we just keep walking, passed the tower?
Oh yes. And no, you’ll drown :( have to limit the gameworld somehow
So you're telling me Jesus isn't a supported character archetype?

0/10

PS: I expected more Merry Christmas ratings from this one.

Last edited:

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Ugh, given how some of my friends guzzle the damned things IRL, an intravenous version would save them a lot of time...

I don't think most people have tastebuds located in their blood vessels. If you disagree with me, you might have recently had something else added to your veins.

Cael

Arcane

I don't think most people have tastebuds located in their blood vessels. If you disagree with me, you might have recently had something else added to your veins.
After that much cola, I don't think they had taste buds located in their mouths either...

What is with Russians/communists and disco music anyways? That guy from Alpha Protocol, Stalin vs Martians and this

No that I'm complaining, I wanna walk the desert dancing to discommunism.

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
when can i torrent this?
Well, this one’s a toughie. We’re currently working on this innovative Digital Rights Management system that requires a drop of the client’s blood. A few days after a purchase through Humble Store or Steam, you will receive a gadget in the mail that allows you to verify your identity. Every time you want to launch the game, the gadget needs to connect to the Internet to confirm that purchase on our end and we’ll activate your game. You can only pre-load the game before verification by our servers.

In your case - you’d need to kidnap a player who has bought the game through certified channels and draw their blood and then go through the hassle of getting that gadget.

The past few months we’ve been in talks with Dell Technologies to start manufacturing gaming laptops that ship with the gadget already installed. I’ve spent several weeks designing nifty plastic cases you’ll get to purchase from our store at zaumstudio.com to make your laptop uniquely yours! Preorders for those start early in February 2018. We’re super excited here at the studio
:dance::dance::dance:

Developer blood doesn’t count.

Cael

Arcane
when can i torrent this?
Well, this one’s a toughie. We’re currently working on this innovative Digital Rights Management system that requires a drop of the client’s blood. A few days after a purchase through Humble Store or Steam, you will receive a gadget in the mail that allows you to verify your identity. Every time you want to launch the game, the gadget needs to connect to the Internet to confirm that purchase on our end and we’ll activate your game. You can only pre-load the game before verification by our servers.

In your case - you’d need to kidnap a player who has bought the game through certified channels and draw their blood and then go through the hassle of getting that gadget.

The past few months we’ve been in talks with Dell Technologies to start manufacturing gaming laptops that ship with the gadget already installed. I’ve spent several weeks designing nifty plastic cases you’ll get to purchase from our store at zaumstudio.com to make your laptop uniquely yours! Preorders for those start early in February 2018. We’re super excited here at the studio

This is unnecessarily complicated.

Upon purchasing the game, the player is castrated. Thereafter, the game will allow a recently taken photo of the player's genitals as proof of purchase (remember to put in photo date validation subroutine).

What about those people who have already been castrated due to some accident? Well, look. They have suffered enough, don't you think?

TC Jr

Scholar
when can i torrent this?

When's the release date, moron? Also no "this fall" bullshit, just a date, cheers.

i'll buy it

Iznaliu

Arbiter
When's the release date, moron? Also no "this fall" bullshit, just a date, cheers.

You don't get anything in life for free, and that includes release dates. It is likely that announcing a release date now will set ZAUM up for failure as they aren't far enough along to have a realistic idea of when it will be released. One comment from some random person on a forum doesn't change these immovable facts.

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
i'll buy it
YKW, your eloquence has made me reconsider; here’s a safe bet date for you: 20.02.2020. Go on and mark your calendar so you know when to update your seeders.

My mom’ll buy it.

Got bored and left

i'll buy it
YKW, your eloquence has made me reconsider; here’s a safe bet date for you: 20.02.2020. Go on and mark your calendar so you know when to update your seeders.

My mom’ll buy it.

Hey, it'll release way sooner than Cyberpunk!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom