Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Decline 20: Dominions 5: Defenders of the Faith

What era we play in?

• MA

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • EA

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • LA

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Kingcomrade

Votes: 11 42.3%

• Total voters

mondblut

Arcane
UW slot still open, I think. tag me if you want me to open it for you.

There are only two seas there. Rlyeh may have the smaller one, all right.

The amount of problematic stuff in Dominions is staggering. Daily reminder SA did a "virgin neckbeard mod" to substitute female blood slaves (that aren't even tagged as females ffs) with neckbeards.

Say what you will about SA, they've got more self-awareness than the rest of SJWsphere :lol:

sqeecoo

Arcane
So my Agartha pretender is still in the game, apparently. How do I kick it out?

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Alright submitted.

Btw a suggestion, why not use discord for communication? We can either use the codex server since some of us are already there and we can get a channel just for the game or the reddit one. Shitposting is even better in real time.

Last edited:

sqeecoo

Arcane
Bros, I can't make Asphodel work as well as I'd like. Black centaur recruitment is limited to about 4-5 per turn in Turmoil 3 by the new recruitment points, which drops as the capitol's population dies, and I can't find a way to work around that that I like. I hope you don't mind if I do a final switch to the now free Ulm.

I'd be happy to use discord!

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Bros, I can't make Asphodel work as well as I'd like. Black centaur recruitment is limited to about 4-5 per turn in Turmoil 3 by the new recruitment points, which drops as the capitol's population dies, and I can't find a way to work around that that I like. I hope you don't mind if I do a final switch to the now free Ulm.

I'd be happy to use discord!

Recruitment points are definitely an interesting issue to pay attention to(and Death scales even more costly), but isn't the whole point of this game to fuck up hilariously? Come on bros, just dive in! :rpgcodex:

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Wait... 3 death will affect recruitment of sacreds at the capital?

uhh so about that pretender I just uploaded

:deathclaw:

I'm not changing anything, I regret nothing, all will bow before the one true god.

Last edited:

KoolNoodles

Arcane

So recruitment points are tied to population. From Illwinter:
Recruitment points is a new resource in provinces. It comes from population, but can be improved by building a fort in the province. A low number of recruitment points can limit the number of units that can be built in a province, so both this attribute and resources should be taken into consideration when deciding where to build a fort.

So, theoretically, over time(many turns)....growth or death scales will positively or negatively affect how many recruitment points you have to use for units.

In your cap(with ~30k pop), even with D3, you probably don't have to worry about it ever limiting sacred recruitment, seeing as you will have ~300 recruitment points and sacred units might cost 15-30 each, and you can only make so many of them a turn anyways.....

It can matter in other forts, however, and if you want to make a bunch of extra units.

sqeecoo

Arcane

So recruitment points are tied to population. From Illwinter:
Recruitment points is a new resource in provinces. It comes from population, but can be improved by building a fort in the province. A low number of recruitment points can limit the number of units that can be built in a province, so both this attribute and resources should be taken into consideration when deciding where to build a fort.

So, theoretically, over time(many turns)....growth or death scales will positively or negatively affect how many recruitment points you have to use for units.

In your cap(with ~30k pop), even with D3, you probably don't have to worry about it ever limiting sacred recruitment, seeing as you will have ~300 recruitment points and sacred units might cost 15-30 each, and you can only make so many of them a turn anyways.....

It can matter in other forts, however, and if you want to make a bunch of extra units.

Well, it does matter if you take Turmoil :)

sqeecoo

Arcane
Mister Shinuyama player, I just read that Unaging makes your bakemono sorcerers START OUT without old age, i.e. it applies retroactively! Nice to know.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Anybody else feel that limp/cripple is too devastating on movement? Holy moly, in some test games 200g sacred dragons just disappearing between turns and flying birds flying into the ground apparently. Maybe it all evens out with other afflictions in the end, not sure.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
My hastily edited meme dilemma.

dkrNuN9.png

mondblut

Arcane
Did anyone try to compare how do the classic old blesses compare to the new bless points system? I've got a feeling that at least W is much more expensive now, with quickness at whopping 10 points and more points still for defense increases? Or am I doing it rong?

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Did anyone try to compare how do the classic old blesses compare to the new bless points system? I've got a feeling that at least W is much more expensive now, with quickness at whopping 10 points and more points still for defense increases? Or am I doing it rong?

There are definitely more "expensive" blesses, especially considering incarnate only. Can't have those regenerating Jaguars for expansion with an imprisoned Pretender anymore. I expect we'll see a lot more imprisoned rainbows.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The half-dead bless with some sort of weapon upgrade or stygian flesh is too attractive, I can only play 2+ death now no matter what nation.

Infinitum

Scholar

Pretty sure the minor effects are generally cheaper? Don't forget you can have multiples of the number bonuses, and having 3 points in all elemental/non-elemental paths also unlocks the blesses. Imprisoned rainbows looks pretty interesting for nations with lots of sacred mages/thugs for this reason; eg an imprisoned 6-dominion Archmage with 3 F/W/A and 4 E gets 5 posive scales and an all-things-considered solid +2 attack +2 defense +3 precision +2 reinvigoration bless.

Fake Edit: And apparearantly certain nations gets extra bless points from certain paths? Eg EA Marignon gets a cool +2 bless points for fire/astral pretenders. Imprisoned Baphomet could get potentially disgusting..

sqeecoo

Arcane
Yeah, I think imprisoned with non-incarnate blesses are great (especially since imprisoned now gives 350 instead of 250), and the go-to choice for nations with moderately good sacreds and/or sacred mages. You can get some pretty great bonuses and excellent scales. Especially stuff like blood surge when combined with a few other minor blesses rivals an old N9X4 bless easily, and has better scales.

I'm not sure whether awake is mandatory for heavy sacred nations like Mictlan; the first year IS very important, but you tank your scales pretty hard if you want more than one high-level bless, or even with a single major incarnate. On the plus side, you can get some amazing combos now that may outshine regen. Fear seems amazing, etherealness is what I was tempted to go for with Aspho (who else could pick it??), but then again it doesn't protect from spells.

I actually don't like that Turmoil, which is more viable now, hits recruitment points so much; if you want to rely on capitol-only sacreds, you'll have trouble in turmoil.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Making a pretender now and will send it in in a moment...

Dayyalu messaged me at some ungodly hour (7am) to jump in <3

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
These are wise words - will consider this when I make my pretender...

Yeah, I think imprisoned with non-incarnate blesses are great (especially since imprisoned now gives 350 instead of 250), and the go-to choice for nations with moderately good sacreds and/or sacred mages. You can get some pretty great bonuses and excellent scales. Especially stuff like blood surge when combined with a few other minor blesses rivals an old N9X4 bless easily, and has better scales.

I'm not sure whether awake is mandatory for heavy sacred nations like Mictlan; the first year IS very important, but you tank your scales pretty hard if you want more than one high-level bless, or even with a single major incarnate. On the plus side, you can get some amazing combos now that may outshine regen. Fear seems amazing, etherealness is what I was tempted to go for with Aspho (who else could pick it??), but then again it doesn't protect from spells.

I actually don't like that Turmoil, which is more viable now, hits recruitment points so much; if you want to rely on capitol-only sacreds, you'll have trouble in turmoil.

I was thinking of Ethereal - but yea it's kinda rubbish late game as most of the deeps comes from magic, thugs and sc's

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom