Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style! - now with Dead City update

Will you back?

• I will consider it!

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • No! I would never!..

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lexxx20

Learned
I got mine like a month ago.

UPD. Yep, September 9th.

Hello dear backer!

We are sending You activation key for the Atom RPG on Steam.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Game looks pretty good. Text is surprisingly decent but could use an editing pass.
It already had 2 passes! Another 3 and it's gonna be awesome! Translating really is an art. I'm not even that bad at English. When I first make the dialogue in English and then translate it into Russian, the Russian version looks worst than the original. Same goes for the opposite! You need to be some kind of genius to make the translation as good as the original! Luckily, a few of such geniuses started work in our team a few weeks ago :) I have a lot of high hopes for the text. Thank you for already finding it to your liking, it's only gonna get better with time! :)

i should have it yeah, it seems i still havent got my keys. eh whatever i will wait till weekend before contacting them

I don't know how to DM on the codex, so please, contact me here or on Kickstarter, and we'll work things out. You should've gotten that key like a month ago.
Hey there, Atom Boy! Grats from staff of GoHa.ru :)

I've got two comments on Early Access version and one question:

1 I think it might be useful to tell the player how to interact with the environment (holding LMB). Or did I miss the hint? Because I actually searched the Steam boards for this info being unable to repair the gererator. Or pickpocket.

2 Same thing with cooking. Something like 'look out for bonefires to cook your food on'. Because you can buy or harvest meat/fish but have hard time searching how to cook it.

3 A question. Will there be perks?.. Without them rolepleying system feels a bit... too simple I guess.

PS Your buddy at the bar is one of the most hilarious NPCs I've come across in RPGs :D

Fun fact: Alexander the buddy at the bar is twice as old as the bare concept of Atom RPG :) We made him up like 10 years ago! Now he has a game world to live in :D
On to your questions.
1. Pretty silly, right?! We forgot to insert a temporary tutorial picture into the game. Gonna fix it in the next upd.
2. That's gonna wait a bit more - until we make a nice little tutorial mentioning how to do all the lil things. But it's happening!
3. As for the perks - out for testing soon, but will be implemented in the game close to the release date. Perks, traits, advantages, handicaps and the rest are a thing that needs to be fine tuned more than your average piano. Even more than the rest of the roleplaying system!
They're gonna be great!
And a huge hello to GoHa! You are awesome! :)

Jinn

Arcane
Atomboy, this really looks like it has a lot of potential. Please take your time to polish it. Do the codex proud! I will be supporting you in Early Access very soon.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Atomboy, this really looks like it has a lot of potential. Please take your time to polish it. Do the codex proud! I will be supporting you in Early Access very soon.
Thank you, and no threat! The further we get with Atom the more excited about it we get. Right now we're this well oiled, lubed-up incline machine. A hive mind. One makes the bug list, the other fixes the bugs in real time and prepares the patch (up in several days), the other other posts on the Codex and mods the Steam, while another prepares a new NPC for the game (it's going to be another middle-aged alcoholic) and another other makes the longest quest yet! We're gonna make it, I just know it!

in a move that surprises no-one and in a shameless grasp for brofists Poos copypastas his initial impressions post from the other atom rpg thread

ive mucked around in the char creation and got past the first small intro area and fight

its STALKER: Fallout

the first fight is hi-larious omg

anyway, some screenies courtesy of the Gaben Cloud:

DB572C952477CC548B92DA74FC05DB52B493F9C1

Char creation screen, you get 20 skill points and 5 chracteristic points to spend

every skill and char is explained on mouse highlght

Pre-set of char names and genders; thankfully no llggbttqqaadntidb nonsense, just good old fashioned soviet fightin' ho's and bro's

4E1D231188D666D4357129A0EA0418BD3A3EB15F

first game screen explains why you are there

a few grammar crimes but nothing to worry about unless you are a autist

9A0164B24D7F30F22952A724C938E6253B218725

Typical; minding my own business when along comes some lads intent on buggery and theft

five of them

HA; i'm sure my intense training and relatively high fisticuffs skill will make short work of these villains!

let's roll

F0067A0DC4DBCEE74A5CB5616446823AB750BCEA

hahahaha awesome

I spent like 2 to 3 minutes surveying the battle screen, working out my action points and maneuvering to a point on the grid where i could masterfully and strategically take out these chumps and have my soviet way with their anuses

after my first move one of the robbers casually walks over to my and one-punches me into unconciousness

fight over lol

woke up with a bleeding bum and empty backpack

first impressions: good

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

This dude generally is a cool youtuber... Consistently plays Battle Brothers too :P
He liked the game quite a bit. Has some nice constructive criticism also Atomboy

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Could dev or anyone else who knows tell me what devs said about their unreached stretch goal at 40 000 $? It was this one, I believe:

f300f0a5c53a3322a404586107688991_original.jpg

Another Large city - vast location to the East with about +50 new quests, up to +100 NPCs and activities!
New branches in the main quest that will lead you to some of the darkest and gritiest corners of the Wastes!
New weapons, armours, items...
All in all, a complete enhancement of the game and at least +20 hours of gameplay!

I know that adding content of such large scope (unless it was already planned and they just didn't have funds for it) when you have to implement, balance and polish already promised content might be too much but is there possibility we might see all the content behind this stretch goal in some shape or form somewhere down the line? As a free DLC/ DLC/ part of expansion etc?

Also what exactly did they mean by pretty vague more activities? Would they be something along the lines of fishing, cooking, gambling and similar stuff?

One more question for dev: Are you so far satisfied with your Early Access performance? I know that not much time has passed yet but are you off to a good start in your opinion?

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer

This dude generally is a cool youtuber... Consistently plays Battle Brothers too :P
He liked the game quite a bit. Has some nice constructive criticism also Atomboy

Checking it out right now!

Could dev or anyone else who knows tell me what devs said about their unreached stretch goal at 40 000 $? It was this one, I believe:

f300f0a5c53a3322a404586107688991_original.jpg

Another Large city - vast location to the East with about +50 new quests, up to +100 NPCs and activities!
New branches in the main quest that will lead you to some of the darkest and gritiest corners of the Wastes!
New weapons, armours, items...
All in all, a complete enhancement of the game and at least +20 hours of gameplay!

I know that adding content of such large scope (unless it was already planned and they just didn't have funds for it) when you have to implement, balance and polish already promised content might be too much but is there possibility we might see all the content behind this stretch goal in some shape or form somewhere down the line? As a free DLC/ DLC/ part of expansion etc?

Also what exactly did they mean by pretty vague more activities? Would they be something along the lines of fishing, cooking, gambling and similar stuff?

One more question for dev: Are you so far satisfied with your Early Access performance? I know that not much time has passed yet but are you off to a good start in your opinion?

Well I'm 50% of the idea men for the game and I can tell my part of the story - the city was probably going to be the fabled Trudograd (or Labor City in English) a huge dystopian hive city of sadness and industry, much like what they have in those Warhammer games - a city that on one hand got bombed (although not as strongly as was probably planned, since the place was the local heart of industry) and irradiated, but on the other hand still had functioning factories, crucial for the whole region. There'd be slave work, broken lives, alcoholism, corruption, some especially vile bandits, ultraviolent gangs. I had several quests in mind, including a worker that cannot get drunk because his alcoholism was separated from him by a local psychiatrist in a hypnotism session, and now it lives on as the Indulging One or Выпивающий. There was also a mentally ill kid that could talk to large machinery, but all it told him was "kill yourself", a plot line concerning the Hesperus star, a Machine Prophet who taught people a way of life that was not seen as appropriate by the authorities, an investigation into the life of the city's founding father the hero of labor (who turned out to be a nazi supporter and a jailbird just like that one episode of the Simpsons), etc.
The activities included dating, more kinds of gambling, and some stuff my buddy made up that I can't remember.
All of it is going to get into the finished game, either as rumor, a reference, or even a real quest e.g. the Hesperus star thing.

Now, Early Access: As with the Kickstarter, we were humbled beyond our wildest dreams. Don't get me wrong, we perfectly knew there will be some support from the fanbase. But that much? Never! I sometimes open up steam and start laughing with glee, while clapping my hands, cuz we have a huge community that plays, talks about the game, points out bugs, helps new comers, suggests wonderful ideas... and all that from zero. We are truly blessed with you guys is what I say to them each time it's my turn to be steam moderator. And that's not just my emotions speaking. We also get to see numbers - of sold copies, of wishlist entries, of ratings scores and reviews. Nowadays I'm almost constantly inspired by those results. The rest of the team is too. In general, Atom is like a constant dopamine rush. First codex greenlights your game, then you get to kickstart it, then Brian Fargo sends his blessings, the EA goes thrice better than planned. Come on! What's the catch here?!

P.S. Forgot about regrets. I have a few of those too. The main one is that around 70% of the improvements done to the game since the free demo were technical - we fixed bugs, we made graphics better, we tweaked the math, we made battle better, we corrected the text and the translation constantly, we built empty locations for future releases. But it didn't add much content. Well. It did. But only 2-4 hours or so. So if the player didn't suffer any major bugs while playing the Demo he's gonna think it took us half a year to do almost nothing - maybe a few quests, some NPCs and a location or two. If I could, I'd make the EA version have more quests and places. Next update is gonna take care of that.

Last edited:

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Well I'm 50% of the idea men for the game and I can tell my part of the story - the city was probably going to be the fabled Trudograd (or Labor City in English) a huge dystopian hive city of sadness and industry, much like what they have in those Warhammer games - a city that on one hand got bombed (although not as strongly as was probably planned, since the place was the local heart of industry) and irradiated, but on the other hand still had functioning factories, crucial for the whole region. There'd be slave work, broken lives, alcoholism, corruption, some especially vile bandits, ultraviolent gangs. I had several quests in mind, including a worker that cannot get drunk because his alcoholism was separated from him by a local psychiatrist in a hypnotism session, and now it lives on as the Indulging One or Выпивающий. There was also a mentally ill kid that could talk to large machinery, but all it told him was "kill yourself", a plot line concerning the Hesperus star, a Machine Prophet who taught people a way of life that was not seen as appropriate by the authorities, an investigation into the life of the city's founding father the hero of labor (who turned out to be a nazi supporter and a jailbird just like that one episode of the Simpsons), etc.
The activities included dating, more kinds of gambling, and some stuff my buddy made up that I can't remember.

Wew that all sounds like...like...truly awesome! I really hope we get to experience it...

All of it is going to get into the finished game...

:dance::dance::dance:
Great! I knew you guys were...

....either as rumor, a reference, or even a real quest e.g. the Hesperus star thing.

...wait! You mean all those quests, NPCs, items, activities, locations etc. will end up as merely a reference or rumor in dialogue, perhaps a couple of them will have quests but we'll never get to visit those locations, meet majority of those NPCs, earn those items and dabble in those activities? Am I getting this right?

Of course implementing all the quests, locations etc you had in mind for that stretch goal would take a lot of time and perhaps take away attention from the core game but unless I misunderstood you huge majority of what you had planned for it will never see the light of day, not even after launch in form of DLC, except for few nods and mentions of that content in the game? You lacked like, what, 7 000 $ in order to reach that stretch goal and then you would have been in some way obliged to fulfill it and now (presumably after full game launch even more) when that amount of money shouldn't be a problem you decide to basically abandon that entire concept? Then money is not the issue in this case, am I wrong?

Please tell me I'm wrong and that I didn't understand you well and that we'll get to experience that entire area and all encompassing content that goes with it at least through some DLC post-launch! What you said about it sounds so interesting and cool it would be a real shame if it gets compressed down to for the most part references and rumors.

I know that it's way too early to ask for any concrete details but do you even intend to support this game post-launch with DLC and updates? If you do what could possibly be better candidate for DLC then content behind this unreached stretch goal.

Now, Early Access: As with the Kickstarter, we were humbled beyond our wildest dreams. Don't get me wrong, we perfectly knew there will be some support from the fanbase. But that much? Never! I sometimes open up steam and start laughing with glee, while clapping my hands, cuz we have a huge community that plays, talks about the game, points out bugs, helps new comers, suggests wonderful ideas... and all that from zero. We are truly blessed with you guys is what I say to them each time it's my turn to be steam moderator. And that's not just my emotions speaking. We also get to see numbers - of sold copies, of wishlist entries, of ratings scores and reviews. Nowadays I'm almost constantly inspired by those results. The rest of the team is too. In general, Atom is like a constant dopamine rush. First codex greenlights your game, then you get to kickstart it, then Brian Fargo sends his blessings, the EA goes thrice better than planned. Come on! What's the catch here?!

I'm really happy to hear that you're pleased with your EA sales so far. I wish you all the luck and to become RPG Incline powerhouse over time. Let this game be first step towards that.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer

Wew that all sounds like...like...truly awesome! I really hope we get to experience it...

All of it is going to get into the finished game...

:dance::dance::dance:
Great! I knew you guys were...

....either as rumor, a reference, or even a real quest e.g. the Hesperus star thing.

...wait! You mean all those quests, NPCs, items, activities, locations etc. will end up as merely a reference or rumor in dialogue, perhaps a couple of them will have quests but we'll never get to visit those locations, meet majority of those NPCs, earn those items and dabble in those activities? Am I getting this right?

Of course implementing all the quests, locations etc you had in mind for that stretch goal would take a lot of time and perhaps take away attention from the core game but unless I misunderstood you huge majority of what you had planned for it will never see the light of day, not even after launch in form of DLC, except for few nods and mentions of that content in the game? You lacked like, what, 7 000 $ in order to reach that stretch goal and then you would have been in some way obliged to fulfill it and now (presumably after full game launch even more) when that amount of money shouldn't be a problem you decide to basically abandon that entire concept? Then money is not the issue in this case, am I wrong?

Please tell me I'm wrong and that I didn't understand you well and that we'll get to experience that entire area and all encompassing content that goes with it at least through some DLC post-launch! What you said about it sounds so interesting and cool it would be a real shame if it gets compressed down to for the most part references and rumors.

I know that it's way too early to ask for any concrete details but do you even intend to support this game post-launch with DLC and updates? If you do what could possibly be better candidate for DLC then content behind this unreached stretch goal.

I'm really happy to hear that you're pleased with your EA sales so far. I wish you all the luck and to become RPG Incline powerhouse over time. Let this game be first step towards that.

Hi! Well I was talking about Atom RPG as the finished game. After we do the full main quest, all the quests for the locations that were in the game from the beginning, all the NPCs, all the items, all the stuff... we're gonna keep updating for more and more content. I just don't like the word DLC. It sucks! :( Expansion pack sounds a bit better. So like... you won't see that extra city until the game is finished - it's gonna be rumors, stories, visions, stuff like that. After game is finished - as in you can actually BEAT it - everything and their grandpa will start gradually appearing in the expanded versions. We got plans for a pretty big world out there.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Hi! Well I was talking about Atom RPG as the finished game. After we do the full main quest, all the quests for the locations that were in the game from the beginning, all the NPCs, all the items, all the stuff... we're gonna keep updating for more and more content. I just don't like the word DLC. It sucks! :( Expansion pack sounds a bit better. So like... you won't see that extra city until the game is finished - it's gonna be rumors, stories, visions, stuff like that. After game is finished - as in you can actually BEAT it - everything and their grandpa will start gradually appearing in the expanded versions. We got plans for a pretty big world out there.

I also prefer term expansion over DLC but sadly I'm afraid I've been conditioned like the rest of gaming community to use term DLC more often.

Anyway, if I got it right game will be expanded after release with updates and expansions. Cool. Great. I just wanted to find out whether you guys want to simply wrap up this game and move on or do you want to give it more attention even after release. I got my answer and I'm more than pleased with it. Good luck, Atomboi!

Jinn

Arcane
Hi! Well I was talking about Atom RPG as the finished game. After we do the full main quest, all the quests for the locations that were in the game from the beginning, all the NPCs, all the items, all the stuff... we're gonna keep updating for more and more content. I just don't like the word DLC. It sucks! :( Expansion pack sounds a bit better. So like... you won't see that extra city until the game is finished - it's gonna be rumors, stories, visions, stuff like that. After game is finished - as in you can actually BEAT it - everything and their grandpa will start gradually appearing in the expanded versions. We got plans for a pretty big world out there

This would make an amazing 10~15 hour urban-crawl expansion. You have some excellent ideas. Would love to explore this city.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/atomrpg/atom-rpg/posts/2081614

Happy New Year - 2018

a81ae5bf9c0330fb2f90b7feebe66598_original.png

Hello, friends!

This year was crazy! Like honestly, it was! We started and, thanks to you, successfully completed the Kickstarter campaign, released the early access version of the Atom on Steam, met a plethora of new people, received a lot of positive reviews and a lot of constructive criticism! But, most importantly, we worked and worked on the game!

Looking back at the version that we had exactly a year ago... It's like night and day! The game feels so much more civilised!.. What started a long time ago as an idea and in 2015 as a part time development now looks like an actual game!

2018 is the year that Atom should come out, and we still have a lot to do. Work on the new content update, new patches new features is going on as we speak and won't stop even after the release!

We wish you a great New Year's Eve and all the best in the upcoming year! Keep on Truckin' and keep on rocking! But most importantly, stay safe! :)

Thank you again from the bottom of our hearts!

Atom Team

http://steamcommunity.com/games/552620/announcements/detail/1596955106489144356

Patch - 0.6.0e
30 DECEMBER, 2017 - ATOMTEAM

- New movement system (now the hero picks the fastest way to reach the destination).
- All bodies in the same cell now have joint inventory.
- Otradnoye now has a couple of new little features.
- Now items like weapons and armour will stay on the body if you don't take them.
- Fixed the 'knock over' mechanic.
- Fixed the balance of the hand to hand combat.
- Added min. requirements for the weapons.
- Fixed animation for the knife fight.
- AP is now shown in the weapon descriptions.
- Added a new recipe and a subsequential item.
- Added a new alternative to catch a 'gold fish'.
- Fixed many bugs with the bullets.
- A 'Continue' buton is added to the main menu.
- Fixed the wares balance.
- Now you can use a shovel as a weapon!
- Fixed the effect of Aprophenum.
- Fixed a bug with a reward from the bandit leader.
- Fixed bugs in the caves beneath the Roaring forest.
- Fixed the bug with hero sometimes getting stuck in the scenery.
- New sounds for the ciggy.
- Added exp for a successful crafting.
- Added new weapon (SKS).
- Show the weight of the items in inventory during Barter and looting.
- Fixed the bug with lockpicking.
- Added new animations.
- All new items now go first in the inventory.
- You can see the chance of a krit. attack when you create your character.
- Fixed the army knife balance.
- Left Shift now makes the map skroll faster.

The new patch will come out with the new update in the next year.
Thank you all so much for your support, bug tracking and suggestions!

Atom Team

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom