Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The fact that I instantly remember most of the Lemmings' maps even if I last played the game more than 10 years ago, speaks volumes of the game's awesomeness..

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
2017-11-21_2210_1.png

:negative::negative::negative:

Endemic

Arcane
vM4Iq5c.jpg

Yes, this game is that detailed. I can pan and tilt the camera around to check all aspects of the vehicle.

Various types of shells are modelled as well. This is the stock ammo for the above:

D02TGHB.jpg

Blonsky

Prophet
The Bureau -Xcom Declassified

After a long day at work you just have to take a break from it all with a smoke.
GCLhtXe.jpg

So aliens have invaded and you get recruited into a super secret unit, the Xcom, to save what you can.
up7MCn6.jpg

The alien virus is turning everyone into zombified versions of them self.
mNZoBo2.jpg

Interrogation the old fashioned way.
QAb60Dy.jpg

The enemy is trying to use our weapons against us so we got to get rid of them.
MOrMX20.jpg

Down the rabbit hole we go.
lpA9pZe.jpg

The lab coats and their gizmos. No real purpose for it as most gear you find in the field and its mostly backpack.
5STFcLy.jpg

There is also a slow mode to give instructions to your teammates. Not very useful in a cover shooter but some skills are pretty good.
fSbYyfb.jpg

Enemies start getting armor you need to destroy before being able to harm them.
r4thHm0.jpg

Well lets visit their world for a while.
n5AaYZd.jpg

The truth behind the lie.
FktZKlL.jpg

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin

The general idea of that blog post is sound, but it gets more complicated when you realise that sometimes graphical parts of a game were developed by different people and some accounted for the pixel stretch (drawing ovals that would become circles) and others would simply draw everything the way it was supposed to be without realising it would get stretched (you can see that in some space simulators where planets and HUD elements use a different aspect ratio). I’ve even seen images at the back of the boxes and in manuals that use incorrect or different aspect ratio (those were probably due to the marketing department), which makes one wonder at times if there was a unified vision of how a game should look when finally completed.

It gets much easier once games started to use VGA and SVGA, as stretching isn’t needed anymore.

Last edited:
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

SA5DgHp.png

:shittydog:

Hellhounds are always eager to play with others.

LPu0Bb2.png

RLMrmQ5.png

Rqaufx2.png

nti9IeU.png

:bunkertime:

gnv4mlG.png

LkkoBWp.png

I'm playing with more traps during this playthrough. There is lot's of fun seeing 10 lvl monsters going through such paths into my little distractions made by single units.

PEgxuZ2.png

o3c18XX.png

:incline:

2z7LtBa.png

I'm coming for you Avatar! Ptaszkocwierkowo Skybird Trill will be mine once again! The polish translation is superb, it's one of those games that I can't play in english. The voice actor Jacek Czyż as the narrator is perfect, his sarcasm and the feeling of disgust towards the each village. Moonbrush Wood is one of my favourite. "Księżylas - leśne miasto zamieszkane przez niezwykle gościnnych ludzi. Legiony piekieł które napadłyby na tę miejscowość zapewne otrzymałyby tani nocleg ze smacznym posiłkiem w czystym, przytulnym zajeździe
TrumpDisgusting.png
". I need to try Deeper Dungeons after that. After American Revolt and Hidden Worlds for Magic Carpet I expect the worst :mixedemotions:.

<Farts>

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Do not use the D3D patch for Dungeon Keeper:it smoothens some parts, which is nice, but it mainly fucks up some of the effects such as funky creature vision when you possess them.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yes, I use KeeperFx after finishing the original Dos version. The battles in the later levels are now very smooth and you can move through maps with a stable frame rate. The AI of other keepers seems to be working better as well and they are more active overall.

Note: You still need the original version, after first run you need to show KeeperFX, and he will copy all the necessary files. The GoG version which I have, also comes with .ogg music files. Be sure to copy them into music folder. Go to the "Run Options" and choose "Music files instead of CD". In the Settings change the resolution to the one which you prefer for gaming.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom