Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Decline 20: Dominions 5: Defenders of the Faith

What era we play in?

• MA

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • EA

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • LA

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Kingcomrade

Votes: 11 42.3%

• Total voters

Dayyālu

Arcane
KfPzUdL.jpg

Thanks to Pymous and his awesome Dominions fan art. It's awesome.

Welcome!

Standard match to begin this mess. We'll use one of the stock maps to begin with. Enough Thrones to get things interesting, and I've heard llamaserver is already working on Dom5 compatibility.

Join, brothers! Even newbies! Game has enough new mechanics to befuddle even the veterans! Become.... DEFENDERS OF THE FAITH!

I never got why this is bundled with "Heavy Duty"

About eras and nations, If you sign up give me your preference and we'll go majority rule.

So sign up, bastards!

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron

For the same exact motivation why Spirit Horse of the Cherokee is in Manowar's The Triumph of Steel, cause: reasons. What are you, a pussy?

:love: no homo

So sign up, bastards!

I'm resisting the urge to buy this untill I have some free time to, you know, actually play the thing... But I'll probably buy this tonight :negative:

sqeecoo

Arcane
The Wedding-Guest he beat his breast,
Yet he cannot choose but hear;

I ain't got no choice man, I gotta join this against my better judgement. I hope we get a lot of the old crew together again to try this thing out!

For the same exact motivation why Spirit Horse of the Cherokee is in Manowar's The Triumph of Steel, cause: reasons. What are you, a pussy?
The question was why they were mixed together into one track. Like Hellion and Electric Eye. Spirit Horse is clearly its own track. And the reason is that Hellion and Defenders of the Faith are too short to be proper songs. (Why is Achilles mixed into one single 30-minute track?)

:shittydog:

Dayyālu

Arcane
It appears that in truly Soviet fashion we are blessed! Illwinter has given us two maps to choose!

Luckily for us they are both pretty, wraparound and all we need.

That said, do I enable the Cataclysm option? It's genious. I mean, it would have solved so many problems.

"Cataclysm
This is a way to force the game to end after a certain number of turns. The Cataclysm will cause horrors to appear and start destroying Thrones of Ascension. (These are powerful horrors.) Every Throne destroyed also reduces the number of Ascension points required, so a winner should appear shortly after the Cataclysm begins. In the unlikely event that no one owns a Throne as the last ones are destroyed, the horrors win."

Eadee

Scholar
First we are unable to set up a new government, now I can't join you because I have neither the time nor the money to play dom5.

Obviously Germany is about to collapse soon :P

However I'll cheer for sqeecoo instead.
cheer.gif

sqeecoo

Arcane
Ooooh, nice! I'd definitely select the Cataclysm option, though not too early, maybe like turn 80?

KoolNoodles

Arcane
I'm not dead, but I got a new job and have been in the process of moving so most things like this took a huge back seat. Then Dom5 came out and this thread popped into my Inbox. :negative:

I guess if this starts in 1-2 weeks or so I'd be ready to join.

Dayyālu

Arcane
So so so lemme check the people before I faint

Dayyālu
Matalarata
sqeecoo
coldcrow
Berekän
JagreenLern
raw

Seven people. We can add more if we get 'em (I think we are good until 9-10 on Peliwyr).

Settings:
Middle Age
Cataclysm on Turn 75
Thrones depending on the People We Get
Nations, First Come First Served basis

KoolNoodles , I'll probably start another game in two weeks when Decline33 finally ends. This one is to be on the bleeding edge! It's essential, you know.

Oh hey, I want in on the bleeding edge.

Random maps aren't that terrible this time, from what I've seen, by the way. And llamaserver seems to be already working! now we'd just need Muty or someone to update the pbem manager to work with Dom5 (maybe it already does?)

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
B-but I only bought it... I had no time to rtfm, try and design a Pretender, play a sp game. How much time do I have before this start? Because jokes aside maybe it's better if I wait like KoolNoodles.

That's half of the fun of this game, just derping around trying to get used to all the changes.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
I'll lead Ashdod. Praise be yhwh.

Edit: Scratch that, I need to think about my choice.

Last edited:

Infinitum

Scholar
Ah, fuck it. Never strayed from SP and have no idea how you set up multiplayer but I got the core gameplay loop of analysis paralysis -> death by pachyderm down pat. Can I play?

EDIT: Uruk if I may?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom