Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Great, right after picking Expeditions Viking on Steam they put it on sale.:outrage:

You can always refund if you under 2 hours of playtime.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Will probably start buying stuff on GOG. Not that I want to support dirty pollacks or more sequels to Witcher but they have around 70% of the games Steam has and actually offer decent promos like free Starcrawlers, etc. Steam just puts up the same shit prices and says, 'yeah, take it or fuck off.'

otsego

Cipher
A tale of two tweets:

I know GOG wants to make money off sales, but isn't it sort of a bro move for a subsidiary of CD Projekt to call other RPG's 'taking it to an unrepresented level' and 'one hell of an adventure'?

I didn't like Witcher 3 but CDPR had me hooked as a customer since W1/W2 and seem to be the biggest bros in the industry right now.

Naraya

Arcane
https://www.gog.com/game/spellforce_3_free_preview - multiplayer only :(

About: The Spellforce 3 Free Preview will be available until November 27, 11PM UTC

Welcome to the Free Preview version of SpellForce 3. This Preview will give you a first look and option to play on the upcoming release of SpellForce 3.

Features of the Preview:
Enjoy the player versus player multiplayer part in 1on1, 2on2 and 3on3.
Play a single player skirmish against the AI
Ability to play coop – even play one RTS faction together.
Play all three factions – the Humans, the Orcs and the Elves

Last edited by a moderator:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Bought all Sudden Strike games+some minor stuff (Evil Island, Revenant and Startopia) but did not touched Starcrawlers. Just another case of "pre-release hype that died after release".
Still searching for that mission in Sudden Strike that was put on demo disc I bought in random kiosk. I know it's the german campain but that's all.
Heard Evil Island get ridiculously easy when you craft your own spear and put healing spell on it. Guess what - they were right.

m_s0

Arcane
A tale of two tweets:

I know GOG wants to make money off sales, but isn't it sort of a bro move for a subsidiary of CD Projekt to call other RPG's 'taking it to an unrepresented level' and 'one hell of an adventure'?

I didn't like Witcher 3 but CDPR had me hooked as a customer since W1/W2 and seem to be the biggest bros in the industry right now.

I wouldn't get too excited about retailers making "bro moves" if I were you

Reminds me of that time they threatened to sue a bunch of people:
http://www.pcgamer.com/the-witcher-...ntifying-pirates-demand-money-from-thousands/

:M

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Windows detected a trojan in the Hidden & Dangerous 2 exe so I checked the forum for the game on gog and discovered this:

https://af.gog.com/forum/hidden_dangerous_series/trojan_detected?as=1649904300

Now, I'm not saying that the exe is infected but it is suspicious. I checked the pirate bay version of Hidden & Dangerous 2 and someone there is complaining that the exe is infected with a trojan. I hope it's not the case of someone on gog downloading a crack and saying it is now DRM free. Hasn't this happened before?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Windows detected a trojan in the Hidden & Dangerous 2 exe so I checked the forum for the game on gog and discovered this:

https://af.gog.com/forum/hidden_dangerous_series/trojan_detected?as=1649904300

Now, I'm not saying that the exe is infected but it is suspicious. I checked the pirate bay version of Hidden & Dangerous 2 and someone there is complaining that the exe is infected with a trojan. I hope it's not the case of someone on gog downloading a crack and saying it is now DRM free. Hasn't this happened before?

Trojan? No. But stuff "borrowed" from Sailors of Seven Seas? Yep. Arcanum comes to mind.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
People are still surprised about this? Using cracks for official releases is a normal thing since all the cheap re-release series of classic games became a thing years ago.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom