Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout: Nevada Mod - final English version released

Sratopotator

Savant
Are you guys sure that the translation process is still going? Will it be even finished?
I have some doubts cause the authors released a version containing original F2 files and executables, then they took it down immediately and stopped posting on NMA altogether (and every other english site from what I've gathered).
Is there ANY info floating around about the progress? Any communication from their side, after taking the files down?
I can't seem to find any... Maybe some russian site is up to date with this?

EDIT: Sorry guyz, i somehow missed Modron's post...:roll:

Last edited:

Modron

Arcane
Besides, the version 1.02 of the game seems not to be the final one. There are at least three settlements missing (mentioned in dialogues, not present on the map).
Some of the mentioned cities are just nods to other mods and cities in Fallout 1/2, Wendover for example i think was the mutants rising main city and outside of that they mention the Hub(quite a bit further south than the geographical boundaries of the area covered in the mod), San Francisco(further west than the nevada area), and I think traders mentioned Redding in a general blurb (which should actually be inside the area of this mod but there are no other mentions of it so I doubt they planned on including it). I don't think they actually scrapped any cities feel free to dig into the files and prove me wrong though.

Like I said previously really only one conversation that is still in russian plays a larger role in the game (the leader of the undead in Vegas wouldn't talk to him without empathy or something, granted there might be more I have only cleared every location but haven't actually left to the final area yet), the bartender in Vegas being russian is a bit of a pain because you can piss him off but he is not essential for quests you just have to go around back to talk to the owner, there are like 2 minor xp quest convos in Salt Lake, one conversation in the hoover dam being russian kind of obscures some alternate solutions to a quest and the guy who specializes in improving energy weapons is in russian still. There are like 5 other russian convos from flavor npcs. The only time something still being in russian might slow you down is in hawthorne base when a pipboy archive entry probably clues you into how to contact jay again.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Modron,

I am curious if the final translation will be compatibile with Fallout of Nevada Crazy Edition (the only one which is developped now I think). Do you have any idea? It seems like a more advanced version of the mod.

Modron

Arcane
Well if 1.02 works with Crazy Edition then it might be compatible but I am unaware of anyone translating CE's additions. Really all that is left to translate of the original mod is a handful of separate dialog .msg files and some pipboy data. Here is Snikers basically saying that.
http://www.nma-fallout.com/posts/4264039/
We'll probably just provide the text files themselves, which you can drop into the appropriate FoN folders. If the other versions add new NPCs or change any of the current NPCs' conversation scripts, then there may be incompatibility there, but most things should be fine.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Thanks for the clarification. I will be looking forward to the new version of the translation then.

Propably will create a new character, too. I guess Nevada was made with high endurance characters in mind (lots of radiation areas), which I will have to take into account.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Tactics is GREAT game if you dont insist on it being a fallout game. Jagged Alliance fans = enjoy.
I disagree. Tactics is pathetic when compared to JA2 and UFO:Enemy Unknown. They didn't even try. The problem is that it was supposed to be a party-based Fallout game with speech included. It ended up as a pure tactics game and it sucks as such due to lack of mechanics like building destruction, breaching, bleeding (was supposed to be there but was removed).

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Thanks for the clarification. I will be looking forward to the new version of the translation then.

Propably will create a new character, too. I guess Nevada was made with high endurance characters in mind (lots of radiation areas), which I will have to take into account.

Not really, you just need to avoid walking near large metal objects and take lots of radX and radaway. I finished it with 5 endurance.

Edit: Also, there is a radiation suit in a locker in Poseidon Power Plant—Gecko—But you need a few doses of radx and radaway to get there.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Edit: Also, there is a radiation suit in a locker in Poseidon Power Plant—Gecko—But you need a few doses of radx and radaway to get there.
Radsuit is part of the Power Armor kit.

Indeed, but it also protects against radiation. You can wear it and the animation is the same as if you were wearing power armor, although the protection obviously is not.

laclongquan

Arcane
Tactics is GREAT game if you dont insist on it being a fallout game. Jagged Alliance fans = enjoy.
I disagree. Tactics is pathetic when compared to JA2 and UFO:Enemy Unknown. They didn't even try. The problem is that it was supposed to be a party-based Fallout game with speech included. It ended up as a pure tactics game and it sucks as such due to lack of mechanics like building destruction, breaching, bleeding (was supposed to be there but was removed).
YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
:shunthenonbeliever:

Cael

Arcane
I enjoyed Tactics except for that damned burst fire bug. There doesn't seem to be any way of getting rid of it, either.

The BFB seems to be an extension of the Missed Shots Hitting bug in Fallout2. If you miss with a single shot in FO2, you automatically hit someone that is in the same line as the missed shot. There is no roll or anything. It WILL hit. I tried it a dozen times on two places and it worked every single time:
1. Slaver Camp map restored by the RP. A slaver automatically fires a shot at you the second the map loads if you are an enemy of the slavers (i.e., killed what's his face in the Den). One of your NPCs will always be behind you when the map loads. That shot will ALWAYS hit, whether you or the guy behind you. The only time it would miss is if another script overrides it (i.e., critical failure and he drops the weapon).
2. Sniping the hell out of the guards of aforementioned slaver in the Den. There was a civvie behind the guard, and every single time I missed the guard, the civvie gets hit. I reloaded a couple of dozen times to make sure, and the civvie gets hit every time.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Well if 1.02 works with Crazy Edition then it might be compatible but I am unaware of anyone translating CE's additions. Really all that is left to translate of the original mod is a handful of separate dialog .msg files and some pipboy data. Here is Snikers basically saying that.
http://www.nma-fallout.com/posts/4264039/
We'll probably just provide the text files themselves, which you can drop into the appropriate FoN folders. If the other versions add new NPCs or change any of the current NPCs' conversation scripts, then there may be incompatibility there, but most things should be fine.

Any news about the next version of the translation?

Despite my declaration that I will put the playthrough on hold waiting for the update, ofcourse I pressed on. It's a true Fallout game after all. I had fun doing quests in Reno (although some scripts seem to be really twisted and convoluted there) and finally decided to push ahead with the main plot. So, I went on to search for Jay.
Finally, I got the intel he's hiding in Hawtorne. I went there and upon entering the base I received a pip-boy message, explaining to me, how I can find Jay. Unfortunately, it was in Russian. Ok, I seached No Mutants Allowed for the solution what must I do to meet the guy. I would not have figured it myself, not knowing the message. Ok, I meet him. A very strange and difficult to understand (propably due to not so good translation) discussion continues, followed by an attack of some unknown gunmen. I have no idea wtf is happening, without the pip-boy message I have no context. But Jay joins me for additional firepower. Ok, we can fight our way out or sneak next to the baddies. After checking we are seriously outgunned, I choose the latter. Surprisingly , despite my Sneak ability of 26, I manage almost to reach the exit area and get only one series of bullets in the back before I leave the bunker. Without Jay. Did he die there? Did I leave him to die? Did he find another way out? Did I broke some script by leaving him in V9? Don't know.

After that I really decided to put the game on hold. No more Nevada for me until there is a functioning translation. I feel there is too great story hidden here, to press on without it.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
If fallout 2 would ever had an expansion then this could be it. 18 years ago this could be sold for a regular price, but oh well times have changed. It's a shame modders with good ideas, cant really work on these newer titles because of amount of manhours they need to produce new 3d models, voice acting etc. Enderal is just a glimpse of what work is necessary.

Stil waiting for a proper translation.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
They translated the remaining conversations and pipboy entries (note they still haven't given them an editorial pass) get the files here:
http://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/fallout-of-nevada-Фаллаут-Невада.207311/page-49

edit:not sure if you need the previous translation patch for this or not

Hmm... I copied the files to the proper catalogues and loaded a savegame. Checked my pip-boy. Jay's message and Stagecoaches advertisement are still in Russian.

Maybe I need to start a new game to make it work? I guess I'll have to register at No Mutants Allowed and ask Snickers about it :)

Modron

Arcane
Hmm... I copied the files to the proper catalogues and loaded a savegame. Checked my pip-boy. Jay's message and Stagecoaches advertisement are still in Russian.

Maybe I need to start a new game to make it work? I guess I'll have to register at No Mutants Allowed and ask Snickers about it :)
Sure you put in the right place should have copy pasted the text folder into the master.dat folder because i got an English version of all pipboy messages including Jay's which actually describes what you need to do in Hawthorne when i just loaded my save to check.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Sure you put in the right place should have copy pasted the text folder into the master.dat folder because i got an English version of all pipboy messages including Jay's which actually describes what you need to do in Hawthorne when i just loaded my save to check.

Copying them to the Master.dat catalogue did not change anything. I tried 3 times. And then I saw the same files in the data/text catalogue. Copying them there helped.

Modron

Arcane
Weird I don't have a text folder in my data folder, maybe you installed a previous translation patch incorrectly and that stuff was overriding the stuff in the master.dat.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Weird I don't have a text folder in my data folder, maybe you installed a previous translation patch incorrectly and that stuff was overriding the stuff in the master.dat.
Yeah, that's weird. I'll propably reinstall the whole thing to be certain. Strange because everything worked ok.

Roobenator

Novice
How do you go about installing this game or what are the latest game files? Everything is in russian

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom